The Truth of Everything

The Dark Angels

Taeyeon walked out from the bathroom with water dripping from her hair. He took the towel and put it over her head, rubbing it. She sat on the bed, looking down at the floor.

The clock was ticking. It was 8PM and no one was at the dorm. She know her phone was vibrating, but he turned it off and took out the battery instead. She wasn't in a mood to talk.

She walked towards the window and opened the curtained a little bit looking at the city of Seoul below here. It was coloful, bright. Happiness was everywhere except in the room she's standing in.

The guy on the white coat has turned it all down.

 

On the same time

 

She was so frustrated, she slammed her phone on to the table and let out a big sigh. "Why isn't she answering? Why is her phone turned off? Does she has schedule? No, she don't have anything today except for the vocal practice in the morning," Tiffany mumbled as she looked at her own reflection on the mirror. She untied her hair and went out from the bathroom and quickly exit the restaurant without even saying goodbye.

Today was so weird. Kim Tae Yeon didn't picked up the phone. Especially from her, from Tiffany. It was weird enough for Tiffany to left the restaurant without even saying goodbye.

Tiffany sat on the van, taking out her phone once again. She had the sudden urge to call that girl again but she know the result would be the same. So, she clicked the message box instead and write a quick message for her friend who was maybe searching for her at the restaurant.

"Are you going home already?" The manager asked. "Yes, i'm going home. Please drive faster," Tiffany told the manager who was driving at that time and looked out the window.

It began to rain.

 

Fifteen minutes later

 

The dorm was silent. Tiffany quickly took off her shoes and put her bag on the floor and quickly ran into Taeyeon's room. She knocked first but she doesn't get any answers so she quickly opened it. She saw the back side of Taeyeon. Taeyeon was looking outside, peacefully staring at the raindrops. Tiffany's face fell down as she walked towards Taeyeon and backhugged her. "Taeyeon-ah, anything goes wrong?" Tiffany asked as she tried to look at Taeyeon's face who was avoiding an eye contact with her. Tiffany noticed the tears that fell down Taeyeon's cheek and she know something has completely go wrong.

Taeyeon do cried sometimes when the member weren't looking but it was all because she missed her parents and such but as a close friend, Tiffany knew something was different this time and she's not going to leave it just like that.

She hold Taeyeon's hand and let her sat on the bad and she sat down too. "Taeyeon-ah, you know I have always been here for you, it's time for you to open up a little bit towards me and the other members too," Tiffany said but Taeyeon kept looking away. Tiffany sighed and spoke up once again, "Taeyeon-ah, please tell us so we can help you. You have been holding all the pain and burden by yourself. We're family Taeyeon-ah," Tiffany said and slowly, Taeyeon looked up and met Tiffany on the eyes. Taeyeon sighed and put her hands down.

"I'm sorry." That was the first sentence coming out from Kim Taeyeon's mouth that time. "What are you sorry for?" Tiffany asked. She was a bit startled but she managed to stay calm. "I found it out today," Taeyeon said. "What is it?" Tiffany asked, still trying to be calm.

"Tiffany-ya, would you be mad or even hate me when i told you the truth?" Taeyeon asked, looking at Tiffany's eyes. "You know I won't," Tiffany said, encouraging her to keep speaking up the truth. "I caught cancer, Lung cancer," Taeyeon said and her eyes started to get teary again.

Tiffany can't move. She felt like her world has fell down in just a matter of seconds. "It is at the final stage already. My time won't be long. I was so sick of it. The doctor told me I got one month and that one month should be spend to do something precious and important. I think I know what I'm gonna do," Taeyeon said as she hold back the tears. Tiffany who was listening to her didn't even say a word except for, "What is it?" she asked. "I want to be the leader of Girls' Generation until the end and don't try to stop me Tiffany. That would be my last wish," Taeyeon said. Tiffany frozen. "Oh, and don't tell the other members," Taeyeon said.

That's when they hear the girls shouting from outside the bedroom. They have come home, without knowing anything. Tiffany nodded and Taeyeon erased her tears before Tiffany went out to greet them like nothing had happened.

 

11:00PM

Taeyeon was sitting alone in front of the table with only the desk light on. She was using the room alone since Sunny went home today. She opened up her diary and began to wrote what she felt.

Dear My Diary,

Today the truth was revealed. The pain I felt is now known. If this is my fate, if I'm going to be gone, I will accept it. I'm lucky enough to feel all the joy life has bring me and God has given to me.

Maybe I'm shameless but I do have on wish,

 

She wasn't done writing yet but then she heard a voice, "Kim Tae Yeon, listen to me." Taeyeon flinched. She thought she was just hallucinating but the voice came again. 

"Follow me," the voice said and she did what she told her. She was sure it was a girl.

And that diary entry, has never been finished.