99

Babies for 100 Days?!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Today was finally the 99th day of Infinite being babies. Despite them being ecstatic over this fact they still couldn’t help but feel a tiny bit sad. After today, they’ll turn back into adults and resume their normal lives, but that also meant no more hanging around. They had a concert to prepare for, after all, and they couldn’t waste anymore time. They had to make Inspirits proud.

You walked in at 8.30am that Friday morning. It was earlier than your working hours, but because it was their last day, you wanted to see them all a little more before time was up – time was running out.

Surprisingly, Infinite were already awake and slouching about on the sofa and floor in the living room. “Morning, guys.” You waved with a smile.

“Oh, noona,” Howon looked to the clock, baffled, “You’re early today.”

“Yeah. It’s your 99th day as babies today, right?” They nodded. “I thought I’d come by earlier today to spend some more time with you guys. Aren’t I thoughtful?” You goofily grinned. Infinite all rolled their eyes and sarcastically nodded.

“You wanted to spend more time with me in particular, right noona?” Myungsoo sat down on your lap with a big smile. You nodded without hesitation, already getting used to this joke. “Of course, Myungsoo. Because I love you that much.” You ruffled his hair, and he got up, satisfied.

“So what do you guys want to do for your last day as babies?” You asked.

“Can we do anything?” Dongwoo asked. “Anything.” You confirmed.

“BOOK A FLIGHT FOR A EUROPE TOUR THEN, NOONA!” Woohyun exclaimed.

Your expression went flat, “No, Woohyun. We are not going to Europe. Anything has limits, too. Anything within South Korea, and within my budget so that my wallet stays happy.”

“Aw man.” Woohyun pouted.

“Then can we go to the nursery, noona?” Sungjong asked. “Oh, yeah! Let’s go to the nursery! I want to see Daeho one last time.” Howon agreed. “And Jeesun!” Woohyun added.

“Do the majority want to go to the nursery?” Everyone nodded. “Alright then, folks. Slip your shoes on and let’s get going!”     

--

“Oh my! Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, Howon, Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Sungjong! How nice to see you all!” Miss Chae cooed as Infinite ran into the nursery. “Hello to you, too, Miss Kim.” Miss Chae greeted you, and you bowed.

“It’s been a while since we’ve seen the seven boys here. Was there a particular reason as to why they weren’t attending?” Miss Chae asked you. “Oh, um,” You were at loss of words, “Not particularly... But things came up, and it was... inconvenient to be sending the boys to nursery.”

Miss Chae nodded, “I understand that some things come up sometimes. It’s fine, really.” “Actually, Miss Chae... today will be the boys’ last time here at the nursery...” You said. Miss Chae gasped, “Last time? Wae?”

“It’s nothing to do with the nursery. This is a wonderful nursery, and I think the boys think so, too. But we’re moving homes, so we’ll be moving to a nursery that is closer to where we are living.” You explained, trying not to look too nervous. You weren’t very good at lying.

However, Miss Chae just nodded with a small smile, “I understand. I hope you are all safe and happy in your new neighbourhood.” She shook hands with you. “Thank you, Miss Chae. I’ll be leaving now. I’ll come back for the boys later.” You bowed to her and said bye to Infinite before leaving.

--

Howon walked over to a familiar bench and saw his good friend sitting there with a car in his hand. He hurried over, “Daeho!”

Daeho’s spun around to see Howon running towards the bench with a big smile while waving his hand. His face lit up instantly and he waved back with a smile, “Hi, Howon hyung!”  

Howon took a seat next to him, “How’ve you been, buddy? It’s been a whil

Please log in to read the full chapter