chapter three.

"Bet you can't resist this!"

 

 

CHAPTER THREE;


page-divider-105.gif

Knock knock
Sooyoung raised her head from her magazine to face the door when she heard someone knocking on it, "Come in." The door slightly opened revealing one of the maids that had welcomed Sooyoung yesterday to the house. The maid bowed in respect before she began to explain about the reason that brought her here, "Miss Sooyoung, Mrs. Shim told me to call you for dinner. It should be ready right now." Sooyoung nodded as a sign of agreement and the maid bowed again before she closed the door behind her. Sooyoung sat her magazine on the night stand beside her bed and started humming a song while walking her way to the dinning room.
"Come sit, Sooyoung. Hope you'll like it." Mrs. Shim welcomed Sooyoung smiling when she entered the room. "Starfish." Changmin lifted his head from his food and nodded at the girl before him.
"Sponge head." Sooyoung sat her self across him and replied.
"Starfish."
"I'm a star."
"I got a head."
"But you're a fi-" Changmin was a bout to reply but he was cut off by Mrs. Shim, "Kids!" and with that, they got back to eating their dinner. "So Chansung, you're free tomorrow?" Mrs. Shim decided to start a decent conversation that she thought the two won't miss it up by arguing like five years old. "Hmm? tomorrow? ah... nothing, I guess." He looked up from his plate and ran through his scheduled for tomorrow as he spoke. "Good. You should take Sooyoung out and introduce her to your friends." Mrs. Shim suggested what she thought was a good idea. "Huh, what?" He rose again from his dish and spoke with a full mouth pointing his spoon to Sooyoung's direction, "Mom, Starfish over there isn't human enough to be released to the world yet. Besides, my friends are all guys." Sooyoung ignored the guy's words like he wasn't there and kept eating. "Changmin, watch your words." The older women glared at her son, "Don't your friends have girlfriends? Oh, wait. Nichkun has one, I hate her though. She doesn't deserve him." Her son chuckled at his mom's words. She had always loved Nichkhun as her own son cause he's well mannered and he'd bring her a gift whenever he came to visit, she'd always scold Changmin and tell him to be like Nichkhun. "Are your fiends freak shows like you?" Sooyoung now spoke. "If they were, you'd fit in but sadly, they're not." Not lifting his gaze from the dish before him, he respond. Guess that the 'decent conversation' idea wasn't the clever. "Okay, you two better stop now. Changmin, you take Sooyoung tomorrow to meet your friends. Sooyoung, you go with him with no buts. Understood?" Mrs. Shim stood from her seat as she spoke  and pointed her finger at the two in front of her. "Okay." They both said grumbling. Mrs. Shim smiled in satisfaction and left the room.
***
"Oh my god! Really?!" yelled in excitement.
"Yeah, really." Changmin nodded.
"Really really?"
"Yeah, really really."
"Really really reaaaally??"
"Junho, cut the crap would you?" Nichkhun said pushing Junho's head forward slightly. "By the way, you can bring the girls as well. Mom wants Sooyoung to make friends with them or something, I don't know." Changmin said pointing to Nichkhun and Wooyoug. The boys were now at Nichkhun's house without Wooyoung who was busy according to him. They met there after work and decided to spend the rest of the day there cause they were too lazy to go out for nothing. "Ahh..Hyung.. We don't have 'girls'.." Junho said with a light frown pointing to Chansung and him. "It's not like it's the dress code or something. You can still come guys." Changmin explained making the two boys in front of him pumped a fist in the air as a 'yes!' sign and got back to playing with their PC3.
"Changmin, is your car still on repair?" Nichkhun asked when he was coming from his kitchen holding soda cans. "Ah, yeah. They said it will be ready tomorrow. Why?" Getting a soda can from Nichkhun, Changmin replied. "Oh, nothing. I just thought maybe you'd want someone to drive you to the restaurant we're meeting at tonight." Nichkhun said as he sat next to Changmin. "Thanks for the offer, buddy, but no. If mom sees you, I'll be scold for the whole week how I'm not like you. No offence." Sipping from his can, Changmin explained his case. "Okay, as you wish. But I'm sure non of these guys is going to offer you a ride." Nichkhun replied. "You're right. But they'll not argue with me while they're playing." Changmin said then turned to Chansung who was so into the game, "Chan, you're picking me and Sooyoung up to go to the restaurant, okay?" Chansung nodded as a yes sign unconsciously. Changmin laughed a bit on his friend's act then turned to Nichkhun while pointing to Chansung, "See? Magic!"
***
"Starfish, get ready." Changmin told Sooyoung and then went to his room to change. He was knocking on her door like crazy and when she opened, he told her to get ready and just vanished away. *Can't he be a human being for one second?* Sooyoung questioned in her mind as she closed the door and went to find something to wear, "Wait, where are we going?" She asked her self, "Oh, It may be the whole friends meeting thing. I almost forgot." After digging in her closet for sometime, she wore a white shirt with picture of pink haired girl winking and sleeves that stopped right before her elbows with light pink mini-shorts. Sooyoung stood in front of the mirror and tucked the front side of the top in the shorts letting the back side free and brushed her brown hair a bit then fixed her bangs. Looking satisfied with her looks, she smiled at her reflection in the mirror then wore white sneakers she had prepared. She had put a light amount of make up on her which gave her a fresh natural look  and walked out of her room to downstairs. "Wow," Changmin said looking at Sooyoung who smiled thinking he was complementing her looks, but then he continued, "..You're not a slow as I thought." Her smile fell. Changmin chuckled a bit then got his phone from his pocket and dialed Chansung's number. Changmin wore a black polo shirt with jeans.
"Oh, hey Chansung. Where are you?" Changmin said as soon as the other line picked up. "Where are me? I'm at the restaurant for our gathering, remember?" Chansung replied a bit taken a back from his friend's question. "No, dude! You promised to pick me up and take me there with you." Changmin acted disappointed. "When did I ever say so?!" Chansung said confused. "I asked you while you were playing on the PS3 with Junho at Khun's house today. Come on, dude. You can't just bail me out." Changmin said then bit his lower lip holding him self to not to laugh. "Changmin, you always do that! You know I'm always to focused on the game I'm playing yet you asked me to do things when I don't even know what you're saying!" Chansung said and got up from his seat frustrated, "I'm coming." He hang up then looked back at his friends excusing him self before he walked out of the restaurant. "Magic it is." Nichkhun shock he's head and laughed a little at the immature act of his friend.
After about ten minutes, Chansung's car was parked infromt of the luxury mansion, and both Changmin and Sooyoung enter the car. Chansung didn't pay attention to Sooyoung and the thought of her on the same car as him didn't even cross his mind cause he was all mad at his friend. "You're so unbelievable! Why are you even my friend dude?" Chansung said as he took off. Changmin laughed a bit then turned to Sooyoung, "Hey, Soo. Remember the friend of mine I asked you about? Here he is!" Sooyoung didn't even bother to give him the attention he wanted and just staired at the window. Chansung froze at the mention of her name and a little thing poked him in his chest again and again trying to get out of his body. Chansung wasn't scared of her that's one thing for sure, but why did his heart jolted when he noticed she was in the car he didn't know. He slapped Changmin's thigh and whispered to him, "Yah, how's that helping me to win her?" Changmin laughed a bit and put a hand on his friend's shoulder, "Who said I'll help you?".
"We're here!" Changmin yelled slightly when the three of them approached the tabel their friends were seated in. He met eyes with Yoona, his girlfriend, and winked at her then took her into a tight hug, "How's my cupcake doing?" Yoona slapped him on the chest playfully then pecked his lips, "You're so mushy." Sooyoung looked around feeling a bit awkward. After all, she didn't know anyone here besides Changmin and Chansung, and she disliked the latter. Finally remembering her existence as if she didn't come here with him, Changmin clapped his hands getting his friends' attention before he spoke, "Guys," He warped an arm around Sooyoung's shoulder and continued, "This is my cousin, Sooyoung. She had just arrived from the U.S. 3 days ago." Sooyoung kept a polite smile on her face and nodded her head forward a little, "Hi, I'm Sooyoung." Junho grinned from ear to ear and walked to Sooyoung, "I'm Junho, I.." Instead of continuing, Junho hugged Sooyoung to which she was surprised, "I love you." Before Sooyoung could react, Changmin separated the two and turned to Junho, "Hey, what's with you?" Junho scratched the back of his neck and looked down, "Sorry, But it's just we don't see a girl who hates Chansung everyday." Sooyoung smiled nervously and nodded in understanding. A girl wearing blue tights and a white tank top with a smiley face on it walked to her smiling. Sooyoung thought she've seen the girl somewhere before as she recognized the girl's eye smile, "Hey, Sooyoung. I'm Tiffany," The girl extended her right arm for Sooyoung to shake her hand which she did, "Um.. I think we've met before.. Oh, at Hyoyeon's birthday party, am I right?" Sooyoung's smile widened as she remembered the girl, "Oh yeah! Last year, right? I thought I've seen you somewhere before." "Yeah, last year. I was in the U.S. with my boyfriend, Nichkhun," Tiffany turned and pointed to Nichkhun who walked to the two, "So Hyo invited me to the party." Sooyoung nodded in response. Still showing her signature eye smile, Tiffany put an arm around Nichkhun's waist then turned to Sooyoung again, "This's Nichkhun," The latter shock Sooyoung's hand and smiled as she introduced her self. "I'll introduce you to the rest cause you seem to take ten years to greet someone." Changmin told to Sooyoung then turned to his friends, "This is Wooyoung and his girlfriend Taeyeon, and this is the gorgeous Yoona." Sooyoung greeted the rest then sat between Tiffany and Junho.
Before she knew, Sooyoung already warmed up for the group and was laughing at their jokes and funny stories. Wooyoung told her about how he was the only one with brains in the group and how he's friends will always do something to embarrass them selves, Yoona shared lots of stories about how dumb her boyfriend is, and Tiffany and Nichkhun kept making jokes about their friends. Junho kept laughing and glaring at the others whenever it was something about him, Changmin kept telling embarrassing stories about Chansung to lower the chances for Sooyoung to fall for his friend, and Chansung laughed and talked a bit but he didn't know how to act in front of Sooyoung so he stayed silent most of the time.
"Hey, Khun. Psssstt," Chansung whispered calling his friend that was seated beside him, "Yeah?" "I need your help. Changmin wouldn't stop embarrassing me in front of Sooyoung." Chansung stated. "Let me ride the car if you won then," Nichkhun said with a smirk on his face. "Come on, man. You're supposed to be the good guy." Chansung asked again but when he saw the look on his friend's face, he knew that being good or bad wouldn't be a barer between him and that car, "Okay, fine. But you'll have to help me with all your might." Nichkhun nodded.
 

 
 page-divider-105.gif

Author's Notes;  really quick update! I just ran out of thoughts kekekekee. Also, I got my self a poster! YAY!!!! I made it my self but it lokks mehh. You like it?

xoxo