4

The Cat Prince

"Seriously Light, you need to hear what Taemin said today, it was so cute..." Yuna trailed off, taking another spoon of ice cream. The two were walking down the streets of downtown, trying to finish large cups of ice cream before they melted in the sweltering heat.

 

To be honest, Light was barely listening to Yuna, which wasn't exactly unusual. It was just too hot to concentrate. So instead, she window-shopped. Her new book had just come out and was selling well, so she had money to spend. But not on this street, where the cheapest dress was somewhere between the price of a new car and a mansion in the southern isles. They were great to look out, but there was no way a romance writer living in a one-room apartment above a small pastry shop could afford one of those dresses in the window. But it never hurt to look.

 

It had become a habit of Light and Yuna to talk walks downtown in the summer and window shop. Usually they would gossip about the dresses and those who wore them, but this time was different. This time Yuna just kept talking about Taemin. And it was getting very very old very very quickly.

 

"So, why did you suddenly leave the other day when we were at lunch?" Yuna suddenly asked. "I know you didn't have a deadline because your book was already finished by the time we had dinner, so what's up? You weren't still sad about that cat leaving, were you?"

 

"Oh no, there was just a lot on my mind at the time. But did you hear about that Prince coming back after being away for a year? Crazy huh?" She swiftly changed the subject, seeing as, usually, the idea of some prince mysteriously disappearing and then reappearing would have sent Yuna off on some gossip spree that would last months. Yet she had said nothing. And Light had no intention of telling her anything about meeting this prince… in her bed. Yeah, that secret was going to her grave.

 

"Oh, yes I did hear about that. And saw his picture splashed all over the televisions. He is very good looking. If I didn't have Taemin…." She looked off into the distance, spoon in , picturing a romance with a magical prince.

 

"Ew, please, no. Just be happy with Taemin, he's the only guy you've kept around for longer than a breath mint and he makes you so happy. Please don't daydream about a prince you will probably never meet."

 

"Very true, I am happy. Wait," Yuna turned to her, suddenly actually hearing what she had said. "What do you mean by ew? Since when do you ew gorgeous boys?"

 

"Uh," Light took a large, final spoonful of her melting ice cream, throwing away the cup and spoon before answering. "I just think that princes are overrated that's all. Come on, we should go home, it's way too hot out to keep walking."

 

"Okay, our bus should be here soon." Yuna dumped out her empty ice cream cup, and pulled Light along with her, starting up her Taemin rant again.

 

-----

 

After a long night drinking cold drinks and watching movies in front of the fan, Light finally left Yuna's apartment and headed back to her home. She was smiling. Happy to have finally been able to spend the day with her best friend, no distractions and no one interrupting their time together. She pulled out her keys to opne her door, when the owner of the café she lived above called out to her.

 

"A handsome courier arrived, and left something with us seeing as you weren't home." He handed her a heavy, off white, gold embossed envelope.

 

"Thank you," she flipped it over in her hands, curious, and headed up the stairs to her apartment. Sitting at her table, she opened it carefully.

 

His Royal Majesty Kris Wu

Invites you to his

Welcome Home Party

Saturday, June Twenty-Eighth

At

Seven in the Evening

 

--------------------------------

 

Author's note:

 

Sorry for the long time between updates!!! I had school and massive writers block!! But I finally manged to get something out, so I hope it's satisfactory!!

 

Here's some Kris to make up for it!!