3

The Cat Prince

It was hot out, early summer. Kris hurried through the streets in his too small clothes, hoping no one would recognize him as he headed to his palace. All he needed was for one guard to recognize him, to let him, so he could change his clothes. His image was very important to him, as prince, so he hoped Light's house wasn't too far from his place. He couldn't tell distances the same as a cat, though he had spent over a year as one, most of the first six months spent wandering the streets until some random old lady took him to the shelter. The shelter where he found Light…

 

He shook his head. He couldn't think about her now. He had to get his life back, make sure his kingdom was still running properly. He knew his mother and father were good rulers, but he always worried. He had forgotten about it though, which was unusual for him. It was Light that did it. She made him feel…. Just that. Feel. He always hid his feeling, buried them deep inside, too busy working to have a love life. He did, however, have some friends. Others who were magical, sons of noble families.

 

The large gates and stone drive of his summer palace came into view. His pace quickened as he neared the first guard. "It's me, Kris." He spoke quickly, wanting to get inside. The guard looked him up and down once, then opened the gate.

 

"It's good to finally have you back home," the guard said as Kris made his way past him.

 

Crossing the front courtyard with great haste, Kris opened the front door, feeling a cool rush of air greet him. It felt fantastic after rushing around the crowed city in the heat. He had barely taken a step inside when he was greeted by happy servants, asking how he had been, and, most importantly, why he was wearing those clothes. He didn't answer, simply making his way past them towards his room. He changed into a simple black suit and headed to the meeting room where he knew his parents would be. He didn't know how much they knew about why he was absent, and he was not looking forward to that discussion, but figured that if he got it over with quickly, maybe he could finally show Light exactly who he really was.

 

And maybe, just maybe… he could get her to feel the same way about him that he felt about her.

 

Maybe he could get her to fall for him.

 

----------

 

The café Yuna took Light to was quite small. And crowded. Light felt extremely uncomfortable, squished into a too-small booth next to Jonghyun. Yuna and Taemin were too busy cuddling each other and being disgustingly adorable to really pay attention to the other two whom were sitting too close and felt awkward. Or at least, Light felt awkward. She still didn't really know Jonghyun that well and here they were, her nearly sitting in his lap.

 

"Yuna," Light called across the table, having to speak loudly over all the other patrons in the café. Her cry went unheard, though, as Yuna was far too busy staring disgustingly into Taemin's eyes and commenting on their colour. Ugh, Light thought, with roll of her eyes. She turned to Jonghuyn. "Tell Yuna I had to go alright?" She looked back over at the two lovers. "If she even notices that I'm gone that is."

 

Jonghyun nodded, and Light placed some bills on the table before making her way out of the café with great difficulty. It was hot, and this place was apparently a great spot for cool drinks, hence why it was so busy. Light had no real idea what she was doing. Her mind was still in some strange fog after what happened this morning.

 

She walked through the crowded streets, not really paying attention to where she was headed.

 

"The Magical Prince, Kris, made his return to the palace today, after a mysterious absence for a year…." Light paused, seeing a tv news station showing a picture of him. Hmm, he really is a prince. Still doesn't make the fact that he was a cat and slept in my bed any less awkward.

 

Shaking her head, Light moved past the tv, and headed back to her apartment. Surprisingly enough, there was someone waiting outside her door… With a bouquet of multi coloured roses….

 

"Can I help you?" she asked, digging her keys out of her bag and moving to unlock the door.

 

"I have flowers for a miss Light Snow?" He held them towards her.

 

"That's me," she held out her hand, taking the bouquet from him. "Thank you. Who are they from?" She looked up from the flowers only to find the guy had already left. Shrugging, Light opened the door, and went into her kitchen to try and find something to put the flowers in. After filling a tall glass with water, and placing the roses in, she noticed a light blue envelope hidden in the flowers. Filled with curiosity, she carefully opened it, to find a hand written note

 

"Light,

 

Thank you for taking care of me during those months when I could not care for myself. I do intend to make it up to you in some way. I understand that it may be hard for you to be okay with seeing me as I currently am, after me being your cat for long. I hope we can move past the awkwardness and get to be friends. I think you are a truly amazing person. I hope to get to know you better in the future, not as a cat but as a man. And I hope you will take the time to get to know me as man. I do truly care about you.

 

I'll return the clothes and collar to you as soon as I can.

 

Please, at least think about me.

 

Kris."

 

His phone number was scribbled at the bottom along with a hastily written "Call me".

 

"This guy, honestly…." Light murmured to herself, saving his number in her phone.

 

----------

 

A/N:

First of all, I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SOONER!!! I tried really hard to write but it just wasn't coming! Even this isn't quite my best but I really want to get to the meat of the story but I can't seem to find the right transition... Ah well I'll keep working on it!

 

Secondly... THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO SUBSCRIBED! That is so cool. I hope you all like this chapter!

 

Oh, and these are the roses Kris sent...

 

Pretty, right? I love them....

ALSO BONUS KRIS GIF

 

 

 

AND THE SECOND DRAMA VERSION CAME OUT WHILE I WAS WRITING THIS MUST WATCH OMG