f o u r

Remembering Us

"Yo. My name's Baekhyun," he introduced, giving a little half-assed smile to go along with it.

I'm not sure if he's being a little or if he's just tired. I'm hoping that he's tired.

I try and rack my head for that memory, trying and trying and trying to remember his face. For some reason I know it's not him but at the same time I feel like I've seen him somewhere before. I sit back in my seat, deflating. I was so stupid for hoping that it was going to be him. There was one in a million chances of that happening.

Feeling incomplete, I cross my arms and slam my head against the desk. Everyone in the classroom jumps at the unexpected sound and they turn to stare at me, including Baekhyun. Forgetting that I'm not alone in my room moping by myself, my cheeks turn pink as I give an awkward smile. 
 

"Uh... sorry?" 

I accidentally make the statement sound like a question. The room bursts out into small giggles and Baekhyun walks over to his new seat. It's obvious that he's going to be a big hit with the girls; they're all staring at him. The class commotion starts up again, as if we never even got a new transfer student. Baekhyun takes a seat as his desk which is two seats away from me, calmly unpacking his bag and placing things inside of his desk.

I have the urge to walk over and become on good terms with him. I've never been the approacher however, and decide to stay in my chair. 

I don't know why I'm being so sour over this. Maybe because I expected it to be him so much that I let myself down even more finding out that it isn't Baekhyun.


"Sumi! Are you okay?"

"We heard you drowned in the river this summmer!!"

"Who saved you, what happened?"

I held my head. Being bombarded with questions was seriously starting to irritate me. I could feel my migrane getting worse by the second. It wasn't fair either. All the questions they were asking me were the questions I was asking myself every night.

"Shut up!" I snapped, sitting up in my chair. Everyone who huddled around my table backed away, startled by my outburst. Pissed off, I stood up from my chair so fast that it made a terrible screeching sound on the floor before it fell over. "I don't know okay?! I don't know how I fell in, and I don't know who saved me, and I don't know why he left without saying anything, so please stop asking me about it!"

Without another word, I stormed out of the classroom.

"You sure are quite the daydreamer, huh," Baekhyun said, poking my forehead with his index finger. Being pulled back into reality, I drop my hand from my chin and gaze up at him.

"I'm sorry, what?" I ask, my voice cracking. He laughs, his eyes seeming to smile as he does so.

I didn't notice at first, but he is dangerously handsome. His hair is perfect. His smile is perfect. His aura is just so perfect, it's overwhelming. How could someone so photogenic even think about going to this school?

"As I was saying," he continued, ingoring my blunder. "The teacher asked me to ask you to show me around. He figured that since you were so bummed out about me transferring here, that he'd make you show me around as punishment."

I sit up a little straighter before clearing my throat. "W-Why would he think I was bummed out about you transferring here?" 

Baekhyun smiles before raising his eyebrows. "Because you kind of slammed your face against the table when I showed up."

Rapidly, my face started to turn crimson. I sank a little in my chair, a hand coming up to play with my bangs in a poor attempt to hide my embarrassment. "I'm sorry, I-I was thinking about something else and not you when I did that I swear--"

"I believe you," he replied, bonking me on the head with his fist. "But right now I'm serious about getting a tour of the school. I got lost too many times today and it's honestly not that fun."