05

365 days of love

Jessica's hair was tied up into a bun and she was dressed in a floral sundress paired with a beige cardigan. She sat at the top of the hill and inhaled the fresh air. From the top, she could see people running around at the bottom. She curled up her knees and wrapped her arms around them. She had always been a sports fanatic, runs well and her favourite sport was soccer, but it worsened her condition and about a year after their debut, she was sternly warned by her doctor to not attempt any vigorous sports or exhert too much strength as it puts her health at risk. After she stopped putting in too much strength into her moves, people were accusing her of being stuck up and lazy. One positive thing was that she couldn't give a single damn and it probably made her life more worry-free and happier.

She sighed. How she missed running as much as she could and playing soccer again, but she knew that she can't. She tried it once during a Dream Team episode GG special, and surprised many viewers and fans with her speed but it caused her to spend the next two nights in the hospital. She had a hard time explaining to her members and managers, but fortunately managed to slip by. 

"Stupid heart. You are the dumbest thing i've ever met in my entire life. Always making the wrong decisions and always creating so many problems." She muttered under her breath. She picked up her phone to check on the time. It was 2.45pm. Jiyong and her were supposed to meet at 2.30pm and he was late. Jessica could understand that he was busy though, and recently it seems that the concert preparations were giving him some troubles. Jessica was glad that she had the day off, she felt that she really needed it. Laying down on the grass, she admired the blue sky. It was a sunny day, but not scorching hot and the sunrays were mild. The breeze was cooling and birds were chirping. She couldn't wait to meet Jiyong. 

Jessica was startled awake up the sound of thunder crackling. She opened her eyes and saw that the sky was grey and the wind was blowing. It seems that a storm is approaching. She checked her phone again. It was already 6pm! She slept for a qute a while. Jiyongb was still nowhere to be seen. She dialed his number and before it could get connected, the battery went dead. 

"Aish!" she quickly picked up her stuffs as the raindrops trickled down. By the time she reached the bottom of the hill, she was drenched to the skin. It was unfortunate for her as she was sent by her manager and was not driving on her own. She stood on the empty streets for a moment, at loss of where to go as it seems that there isn't any shelter nearby. The wind was getting stronger and the rain, heavier. Just then she spotted a busstop at the far end and she quickly made a dash for it. The sky was dark by then, and the storm wasn't getting lighter anytime soon. Her arms were tightly wrapped around herself but she was still shivering. Her tears started falling. She didn't know why either. She just felt so unwell, lonely and scared. "Jiyong..."

Jessica felt a clothing being wrapped around her body. She looked up and saw that it was Jiyong. He too, was totally soaked and he looked extremely worried. He was panting and Jessica guessed that he was running before. Without a word, she stood up and wrapped her arms tightly around his waist and started crying. He breathed a sigh of relief and tightened his arms around her petite body.

"I was so worried. I can never ever forgive myself if anything happens to you. I'm so so sorry."

Jessica sobs became louder. "I was so scared! I thought you were never coming!"

Jiyong hated himself so much then. The one that was the most precious to him, the one he swore never to hurt, was crying because of him. His heart broke. 

"I will always be there. No matter where you go, i'll always find you, so don't be scared."

_____

Jiyong stared at her flawless sleeping face for a long time. She looked so tired and fragile that Jiyong couldn't bear to touch her. It seems that she might break at even a slight touch. But he still couldn't resist. He her forehead and cheeks with the back of his hand and smiled. He couldn't believe that she was his. How long have he been dreaming of this scene, where they two will live together in bliss. 

"I will take care of you forever."