03

365 days of love

Hey guys, before anything I just wanna say that I've changed my mind again and the boys are now singers, members of kpop group BigBang. However, they their family background thingy remains. So they are wealthy idols. Sorry for being indecisive, i promise not to change anymore!! Edited bits of the 1st and 2nd chaps. Love you guys!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jessica stepped into the dark apartment and the lights. The first thing she saw was Jiyong watching her on the top of the stairs. She jumped in shock.

"YAH! You scared me!" 

Jiyong chuckled as he went down and made himself comfortable on the couch.
"Don't you have a schedule later? What are you doing here at this timing?" He asked as though nothing ever happened. Jessica rolled her eyes. She took a seat on the coffee table, facing him directly. 
"About yesterday, you said everything in a drunken stupor right? And Hyuna was just a one night stand, am i right?" 
Jiyong pursed his lips before saying, "Yes, I'm very sorry for chasing you guys out yesterday, i totally did not meant for that to happen," Jessica smiled in relief. "But about Hyuna," he averted his gaze elsewhere before continuing, "we are back together."
Jessica widened her eyes in shock. She felt sharp pains in her heart, and she wasn't sure if it was her heart problem or the fact that the person she likes just told her he got back together with the worse choice of girlfriend ever, Hyuna. She stood up abruptly, which knocked over the flower vase, but thankfully the fur carpet cushioned its fall. "Are you insane?! Maybe you are still drunk! It's okay, I'll give you some time to sober up, i'll go make you some honey tea-" Jiyong grabbed her hand.
"No, i'm sober and clear. I'm serious about it. I-i don't know, she told me she still loves me alot and she really regretted cheating on me that time. I'm really sorry Sica.."
Jessica scoffed in disgust. This is absurb. Hyuna has once again got Jiyong wrapped around her finger. "You are so gullible. Fine, I'll ask you one more time. Just one last time. Are you serious? Don't answer me straightaway, go give it a think. Think two years back. Think about how she treated you. Think about how with her, it's always only about spending money on her. Think carefully kwon jiyong, you are my friend and i hate seeing you get hurt again." 
Jiyong hesistated for a second. "I'm serious Sica." He said quietly. "Please don't give her any troubles."
Jessica breathed heavily and she harshly broke away from Jiyong's grip. "Well, if you are going to be like this, don't talk to me anymore. You are going to regret this, Kwon Jiyong. Mark my words."
 
"Sica-" 
Jiyong called after her, but was only replied with the hard slam of the door. Just then his phone sounded, signalling a text message.
 
From: Hyuna
Oppa~ that unnie is really scary! she threatened me! Oppa you have to get back at her for me okay? And stop hanging out with her. And did oppa know that Versace just released their new perfume? I've tried it a few days back and it really smells good~ oppa you will buy it for me right?
 
Jiyong threw his phone to the far end of the couch and sighed heavily. It was deja vu all over again. He thought back two years ago, when he was with Hyuna. Was he ever happy when he was with her? He realised he never really thought about it before. It was always him giving, and her solely receiving. The only think she gave was , and it had to even depend on her mood. Then he thought of Jessica. How she was always so understanding and caring, how she was always there whenever he needed her. How her laughter can brighten up his entire day. Jiyong smiled to himself, his finger tracing the ring on his finger. It was a gift from her. Nothing expensive, in fact, she won it from a carnival shooting down cans. But anything from her was precious to him.
 
"I wonder how will we be today if I was courageous enough to confess to you three years back?" he said to himself. He scoffed, "but it's impossible to even hope for anything. You had someone you like, and it's probably not me. Why would you even like a playboy like me? Everything about me spells imperfect. I'm totally out of your league."
_____
 
"Unnie, are you alright?" Yoona whispered to Jessica. Jessica looked at her through her black shades and smiled. "Yeah, fine, just tired." Yoona wanted to ask more, but just then their vehicle halted and their managers hurried them out. As soon as they stepped out, camera started flashing and people were calling their names.
 
"Ready, girls?" Tiffany said in english. The rest nodded and put on their best smiles and started waving to the people. It was a routine to them. No matter how tired or how unhappy they are, they have to erase all those negative emotions away and fake it with smiles because they were major public figures, and every action from them was amplified, so they had to be very careful with their behaviour.
 
Jessica laid back on her seat with a heavy sigh. The girls had safely boarded the airplane and could finally be themselves for a few hours.
 
"Dammit, these heels are killing me." Yuri complained as she kicked them off and wore the soft slippers provided instead. Fortunately, they were on a private section on the plane and the only people occupying it were the girls and their managers and staffs.
 
Jessica looked around. Everyone was busy with their own stuffs, and Hyoyeon who was beside her, was fast asleep. She quietly asked for the service of the air stewardess, who came back after awhile with a cup of water. She rummaged inside her bag and brought out a pill storage box. As she opened it, there were 5 different kind of pills inside. She popped each seperately into . Just as she swallowed the last one, Taeyeon who was seated in the middle row beside her and Hyoyeon's window seat spoke in curiosity, "Why do you have so many pills?"
 
Jessica was slightly startled as she quickly kept her pills back into her bag. She turned to Taeyeon with a small smile. "Uhm that's just vitamins and supplements my mom sent me."
 
Taeyeon read her face. She looked uncomfortable. Like as though she was lying. Taeyeon simply nodded and went back to her video games. However, she wasn't focused on her game. She kept thinking about Jessica and her pills. And how she seemed so much weaker these days. She secretly glanced to the side to look at Jessica again. Her eyes were closed, but she was frowning.
 
"You used to tell me everything..." she said softly to herself.
 
_____
 
It had been two weeks since Jiyong got together with Hyuna, and it was driving him crazy. She was very demanding and had a short temper, something Jiyong hated the most. She will call him almost everyday, not to check on him, but to whine to him for clothes, bags, shoes and cosmetics. He realised she had gotten worse than how she was two years ago. He hate to admit it, but he should have listened to Jessica and the others. He naively believed that he can change Hyuna, but it was impossible. Hyuna was somewhat like him, she hated to be controlled and told what to do. Jiyong was preparing for his first solo concert, but because of Hyuna's constant pestering, he could not focus. He accidentally tripped while doing a dance step and the whole routine stopped. Everyone turned to him.
 
"Hyung, you alright?" one of his backup dancers asked in concern and helped him up. Jiyong rarely trip or anything during his dance routines as he had always been a very focused dancer.
 
"Yeah, sorry guys, just something on my mind. Let's take a ten."
 
He grabbed his phone and a bottle of water and sat down at a corner. There were 13 missed calls, all from Hyuna. He rolled his eyes and was about to switch off his phone when it vibrated again. His first thought was Hyuna calling again, but on the screen, it read 'Sicasicaheart' Jiyong rounded his eyes slightly in surprise. He had been trying to get her for the past couple of weeks, and it was obvious that she was ignoring him.
 
"Sica?!"
 
"...."
 
"Yah, are you still angry?"
 
"...."
 
"I've been trying to get you for so long! How can you just ignore me like that?! We are best friends!"
 
"...woah i'm surprised that you still remember me. So how's the pair of lovebirds doing? Have any kid yet?" she replied sarcastically.
 
Jiyong chuckled. He always loved seeing Jessica angry. It looked cute rather than threatening to him. "Hey we didn't have since that last time okay."
 
"What?! Are you for real? There's actually someone who aren't dying to get you inside her? Oh, sorry, I forgot you are filthy rich. And Hyuna is obviously more interested in the bills than you."
 
Jiyong stayed silent. He knew Jessica was right.
 
"Hey... I'm sorry, I was just-"
 
"You are right. I'm an idiot. A ing insane one. How could I still not learn my lesson?"
 
"..no you are not. You are just confused. You are confused if it's love or lust. It's not too late, you know." she said softly.
 
"Not too late to do what? To confess that you are the one I love?" Jiyong clamped his hand over his mouth. He did not just say that! He's really crazy.
 
"..What?"
 
Jiyong knocked himself on his head. "You idiot." he thought to himself. "Uhhhh what I meant is that you are my best friend right! Of course I love you! Like how I love Seunghyun hyung and the kids!" he hurriedly said.
 
Jessica giggled on the other line. "You are so gay. Hey, I need to go now, maybe I'll call you again soon."
 
"What?! So fast?! We've only talked for a couple of minutes! And you are a liar! You always don't call until ages later!"
 
"YAH IM A BUSY WOMAN OKAY. And stop skiving, I know you are preparing for your solo concert."
 
"You will be there, right?"
 
"Huh?"
 
"For my concert."
 
"... You know I'm still mad at you right?" He could totally imagine her stubborn pouting face on the other end. She was playing it hard to get.
 
Jiyong made a few aegyo sounds. "Please come please come please come pweaseeeee?"
 
"OMG STOP IT! EW! ALRIGHT ALRIGHT. But don't put my seat anywhere near hers. I really got to go now, bye!" The line was disconnected. Jiyong shook his head in slight disappointment. Jessica was always in such a hurry to hang up. But then a smile formed on his face when he remembered her promise to attend his concert. He had to show his best side for her.
 
"COME ON GUYS LETS GET THE DANCE STARTED!"