01

365 days of love

"Bring the boys out!" Jessica squatted down for a pose. The crowd cheered loudly and the lights dimmed. Jessica tried to stand up but she felt her knees getting weak. Tiffany who did the same pose was already up and she signalled for Jessica to get up for a bow to the audience. Jessica forced a smile and used her last bit of strength to push herself up. She heaved a sigh of relief as she bowed to the audience with the rest of the girls.

"Sooyeon? You alright?" Taeyeon was by her side as she had noticed Jessica behaving strangely. 

Jessica nodded. "Yeah i'm fine." Things were still kind of awkward between the two after the huge misunderstanding they had a year back. Jessica knew it was her fault and felt she had no rights to say anything.

Taeyeon looked around for the other members but they had all went backstage. She looked at Jessica again and was shocked to see that her lips were cracked and dry, despite the lipstick and lipgloss they all had put on before their performance. Her eyes were half closed and her brows were furrowed. Taeyeon quickly held onto her arm for fear she might collapse. "Omg you look really sick! Are you sure you are alright?! Okay don't talk, let's bring you to our waiting room first."

Jessica weakly chuckled at the 8 girls who were all cluttered by her side and making a fuss.

"JESSI YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD US YOU WERE FEELING UNWELL! WHY DIDN'T YOU!" Tiffany chided in english.

"Unnie, stop shouting at Sica unnie, she's sick!" Seohyun gently pushed Tiffany away and handed Jessica a cup of water. 

Just then, there were knockings on the door and the PD incharge came in. "SNSD, please get ready for your next performance."

Jessica quickly removed the blanket covering her and tried to stand up before she was pushed down lightly by Taeyeon. "PD-nim! Jessica sshi is really sick and she can't perform, it'll just be the 8 of us."

"No i can-"

"It'll just be the 8 of us!" Yuri confirmed with the PD who nodded his head and went out.

Jessica sighed in defeat and leaned back onto the couch. At that moment, she felt a sharp pain crept up along her ribcage and her heart started pumping abnormally fast. She felt out of breath and in pain, but she didn't want her menbers to worry. Instead, she smiled and wave to them as one by one exited the room. Taeyeon was the last to leave. "You need me to stay? O-or Yoona? Seohyun? Fany? I can call them back."

Jessica shook her head. "I'm fine, just going to take a short nap." She assured Taeyeon.

Taeyeon nodded and left the room, but she swore that she heard a painful gasp when she was closing the door.

_____________

"H-h-how long?" Jessica tried to process what she just heard from her personal doctor.

"A year, Sooyeon. Exactly 365 days." Dr Kim repeated. His was heartbroken too, as he had been Jessica's personal doctor for a long time and he regarded her as his own daughter.

Jessica bit her lip as she tried to hold back her tears. It was impossible, of course. "That's pretty short.."

Dr Kim handed her a hankerchief. "Use it, it's clean. Don't worry Sooyeon, i will try my best to find you a heart donor. I will discuss with our dean to put you at the top of the waiting list. I will do my very best, so please don't give up."

Jessica shook her head. "Don't put me at the top of the waiting list, it's very unfair to the rest of the patients. I'll just wait.. I'm just afraid, a year might not be enough to do the things I want, or apologize to the people who matters.. Thank you Heechul ahjusshi, i'm really grateful towards you." Jessica stood up and bowed to Heechul before she left the consultation room.

Jessica always had a weak heart since she was young, but it seemed to have worsen after SNSD debuted and this couple of years, SNSD's popularity soared skyhigh and needless to say, their schedules were almost never-ending which caused the severity of her heart problem to soar together with it. But because Jessica wasn't one who like others to worry about her or give her special treatments because of her illness, she kept mum about it. No one knew except for her and Heechul. She hid it really well. 

"365 days...." She mumbled to herself. "Pretty short for a dying person." She joked to herself. Just then, her phone rang.

"Hello?

Omg Kwon Jiyong?! When did you arrived at Korea?!

Yah, you arrived yesterday and only called me today? You ingrate, you were always the first one I called whenever i leave Korea for a long period of time.

Whatever. You pedo stop forcing me to call you oppa. (Laughs) 

So how was America? Was the tour successful?

Yah you are really cocky. 

Party? Tonight? Hmm I don't know...." Jessica thought back about the 'no drinking pact' she made with Heechul. But on the end of the line was her best friend pleading (more like threatening) her to go. She eventually gave in. "I'll just drink juices." She thought to herself.

As she ended the call, a smile appeared on her face as on the wallpaper, was a picture of her and Jiyong. She had to be honest with herself, she was in love with that playboy. Since the first meeting. Unfortunately, she was always too afraid to confess and also due to his playboy ways, they stuck to being best friends. They surprisingly hit off really well and always confide in each other. 

____________

His paddlepop coloured hair caught her attention amongst the crowd and almost like telepathy, he turned around and their eyes met. He waved crazily, with a wide grin plastered on his face. Jessica smiled and mentally chided herself for still feeling butterflies in her stomach whenever they met. He looked absolutely perfect despire him being a bit wild with his choice of clothes, an oversized denim jacket which he seemed to at wearing as it was slid halfway down, revealing his tan and toned shoulders, a pair of glittery neon pink skinnies and a crazy amount of accessories. Jessica looked down at her outfit. A floral bralet, black tight skinnies and a pair of red 3inch pumps. Her hair was not styled and it was just casually let down. She thought she looked simple compared to Jiyong. 

"You look gorgeous." Yoona whispered in her ears and gave her a wink. Yoona was the only one who knew about her crush on Jiyong. Jessica smiled and squeezed her hands in appreciation. 

"Oh mai gawd sooyeon how much have you grown!! It must have been a decade since i last saw you!" Jiyong exclaimed sarcastically and ruffled Jessica's hair. Jessica rolled her eyes as the others laughed. Jiyong likes teasing Jessica.

"yeah pretty sure a month and a decade is close enough. I probably grew half an inch. Wow."

Jiyong grinned and pulled her into a tight embrace. "That's how much I missed you." He whispered into her ears. Jessica heart started beating rapidly and she wasn't sure if it was her heart problem or Jiyong's words were about to give her a heart attack. She blushed.

Seunghyun kissed Yoona on the lips for a good 10 seconds, which ignited teasings from the others. They started dating 6 months back and Jessica was glad to see them happy and blissful. Yoona really needed a good guy for once in her life. The others were jerks. Jessica initially resisted the idea of them dating as Seunghyun and his friends had the image of playboys who sleeps with different ladies every night. Surprisingly, Seunghyun proved her wrong. He was unexpectedly sweet and true to Yoona. Greetings were exchanged between the girls and guys and they headed into the club. The club was no ordinary club. It was owned by Jiyong and it was extremly exclusive and extravagant. Every single piece of furniture was limited in the world and specially flown in from overseas. Everything was of the highest quality. **Of course, not only is Jiyong the leader of one of Korea's most successful kpop groups ever, he had a very wealthy family background. His father was a very influential businessman and whoever is associated with him financially is bound to do well. However, getting associated with him was not easy. Seunghyun, Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri each also came from well to do families and together with their success in the entertainment industry and their individual talents in different areas, they are highly sought after to model, song write, compose, emcee and act by many producers.

"LET THE PARTAY BEGIN!--" Jiyong hollered and grabbed Jessica's hand, leading her to the dance podium.