Chapter 6

Appa, please be happy

 

 

IMPORTANT : Please read A/N below 

 

 


 

Their short journey to home was rather quiet. Taken partly by the sleeping Jongin in his arms right after he had played enough at the park a few hours ago and the other thing was… well he didn’t have anything to talk about at the moment with Suho. The silent was neither uncomfortable nor enjoying as well. 

 

Maybe a little of both in between.

 

While the father was busy with his own mind, Suho couldn’t help but wondering how fast he could worry the older male right now. Yifan was getting rather edgy the moment Jongin showed him the adorable kitten the child had founded back at the park. Suho thought it was a very cute moment where Jongin’s soft brown locks was disheveled with a few dry twigs tucked in between those strands while his small arms hugging the furry creature gently yet clumsily. He laughed earnestly and was about to ask the father of the young cub whether Jongin never hold a puppy or maybe a kitten in his whole life, the child’s lovely expression was something he couldn’t get out of his mind, but then he penned up that thought when what greeted his eyes were Yifan’s paling face.

 

He bit his lips while his eyes traveled onto the male beside him. They still have a few more houses to be passed by.

 

Another lovely view he was seeing right now.

 

Yifan’s arms were propping Jongin’s small body into his chest. The boy’s head nestled on his father’s broad shoulder while his small arms circled around Yifan’s neck. Jongin’s head tucked underneath Yifan’s strong jaw as Yifan leaned his head down on top of his son’s small head, sighing gently in relief as if he had lost the small cub. One of his arms went up slowly to pull Jongin’s back more into his embrace, keeping the warmth in this windy day. The cub’s body was never friendly with windy days.

 

Suho’s little smile lit up his face when he caught Jongin mumbling a small ‘appa’ and rubbed his head on Yifan’s sweater while nestling his head further down, now into Yifan’s broad chest instead of its previous spot. A similar smile stretched upon the father’s lip. What made it different though, it was complemented by a gentle fondness within.
Suho blinked in awed and his smile turned gentler. He casted his eyes downwards to the pavement beneath his feet. 

 

What a lovely view indeed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

 

 

Strange.

 

Strange it was.

Hmm, strange... how the little…creature from his dream were right on front of his eyes, in Jongin’s embrace.

 

Perhaps it was not the same thing from his dream.

 

But…the grey fur. The same mewls.

 

Yifan shook his head beneath the warm shower, the water gliding down upon his jaw, neck, shoulder and down to his back. He clucked his tongue and gripped his wet mane gently to loosen a slight headache that was forming beneath his skull. His other hand splayed on the white tiles in front of him as he emitted a small sigh. 

 

No.

 

Maybe it was just him and his strange dreams. There was nothing he should be worried of.

 

Nothing bad would happen to his little cub. He wouldn’t let anything hurt his child, he’d protect his son with all his might. Perhaps even after he exhaled his last breath, his spirit would linger in the world just to protect his ball of light.

 

He chuckled at his own foolish thought and shook the hair off his hair as he turned off the shower.

Maybe he was a bit protective.

Maybe just a little bit.

 

A knock put him out of his small world inside his mind.

“Appa~”

He patted his face using a lime green towel, blinking beneath the soft texture, while stepping out of the bathtub.

“Yes baby?”

Another knock followed by a whimper, “Appa I need to use the toilet, hurry up~!”

A small grin slowly lit up on his face as he walked to the door and unlock it.

“It’s op─”

But before he could even finished his sentence, the door burst open and Jongin passed him by in rush. But then the child’s pace came into a halt. The young cub turned around with a cute glare directed into Yifan’s eyes.

“Appa~”, a whine from the young.

Yifan actually knew the drill but he acted as if he didn’t know what that whine meant. Instead, he kept drying his hair while his put his bathrobe. Wouldn’t want to get scolded by the kid, no?

“What is it, baby?”

And another whine, this time a pitch higher.

“Appa~! Appa please I can’t hold it! Please get out~”

Oh how Yifan tried hard to bit back an earnest laugh. Ah but he worry not, he could hold it in only for a few while.

“Alright alright baby. Your wish is my command,” he bowed in a gentleman way and craned his head up with a mischievous grin spread out on his face.

“Since you asked so nicely,” he closed the door in hurry with a booming laugh before the young cub fished out his claws to its mother. He was still laughing when Jongin whines turned into a yelp, of course with irk. Oh how Yifan loved to tease his cub. He would never get tired of doing it until the child grew into a fine young man.

 

He imagined Jongin turned into a handsome young man. Pursuing his dreams and taking care of him, nagging his uncle for embarrassing him, perhaps doing a victory dance as he beat his uncle in soccer, hugging his dear father when he came home from school, neglecting his health as his homeworks piling up. He wondered if Jongin would ever need his help again when the child hit puberty.

 

He would miss the moments he shared with his son very, very much. But he was also eager to see his child growing up before his eyes.
Oh well, there was still a long time before Jongin turned into a young man and an adult. He would cherish every moment and keep them alive in his memory.
Yifan hummed as he admiring his own thoughts. Laughing once again when the subject of his thoughts came out of the bathroom with an adorable frown and a small mumble of Appa is being mean to Jongin which made him ruffled Jongin’s hair lovingly and kissed the child’s forehead in apology.

 

“Appa…poppo~”

 

Dear Lord, Jongin would be the death of him. His son was just so adorable and squishy─ oh, he did not just say that. But, oh, like he cared.

 

 

But yes, his Jongin would be fine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly he saw Suho’s cute smile in his mind and wondered if he would like to try a new page of story with the young man. Perhaps…he was starting to get attracted by the young man’s shy and jumpy personality.

But then…what if Joonmyeon was still out there? What if Joonmyeon was actually testing his loyalty right now?

 

He emitted a sigh with his lips were still attached to Jongin’s forehead. His action made the child laugh before blowing a warm breath onto his eyes. Yifan smiled gently, he was awed by how a child could be humored by small things and also by how the child knew how to please him. It warmed his heart greatly.

He would never trade Jongin with anything in this world. He scoffed in his mind, over my dead body.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yifan blinked fatuously when another flashes of images of a teen Jongin was hugged by another male teen from behind, perhaps even older than the teen Jongin. He widened his eyes when the flashes showed him they were kissing and laughing with Jongin’s face buried into the other teen’s broad shoulder.

 

It ended there.

 

He blinked.

 

And blinked.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Was that my son-in-law?

 

 

 

 


A/N : Hello there dear people. I have no excuse for not updating this fic after about a year ( I kinda forgot lol /slapped) except for college and my mind was not really in this story so it took me a while to build my self a courage and find some ideas to start writing this back. I 'm really sorry for making you all wait so long :( Please forgive me. No? .....alright then /cries TAT


And no, of course I'm not abandoning this story. Don't fret, I will still update Appa Please be Happy and my other on-going stories. ;)

And another apology for only updating a short chapter. But I'm giving each one of you a chance to review or re-read this story since I've been gone for too long and I'm not really sure if many of you still remember the story line and I want you to get that feel back when you read this story. The sadness, the giggles and the squeals when you read their interaction (read: cute Jongin) because mind you, most of you willl get confused by this absurd story (lol) if you don't pay attention. The chapters of this story cannot be read separately for every chapter has its continuation of the chapter before. And mostly, Yifan's dreams will be the keys for you to know what is going on in later chapters. Perhaps the answers will be revealed in chapter 7 or chapter 11 or...else chapter?

What I want to give you here, are mystery and lovely interaction between father and son and of course the Krisho ;)  I do hope you lovelies enjoy each chapter. Oh and forgive me for any grammatical errors and typos. :p

And if you want to talk to me, just talk or something random or anything, you're welcome to PM or Wall me ;) don't be shy. I won't bite .__. Kris who will bite you- errr.. right

 

Enough with my long note. And pray I will update the next chapter next week, or even faster ;) I know you are all as eager as I am.....no? alright /weep

 

 

I will share something I've experienced. Perhaps many of few have too.
 

The key to enjoy and to get that feelings back of anything you've read...is to reminisce about them

 

 

 

Thank you.

 

 

With love,
Christian_Wu