09.

A Ray Of Sunshine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Angel

Things were going down the hill. (Not like her life was ever that good.) Everyday was a constant battle but she was still glad. Even though she wasn’t on speaking terms with Jungkook and even if her relationship with her mum was ed up.

 

Firstly, Jeon Jungkook.

 

After that night, all Jungkook had done was pester her for forgiveness but obviously, Jiwoo refused to relent. She was hurt and betrayed.

Jungkook had tried talking to her in school but all she had done was avoid him or pretend that he wasn’t around. He had also tried asking his dance mates to approach her and surround her so she couldn’t escape. Recalling that move, it was so dumb of him to think of that.

Jungkook was the world’s dumbest person.

 

“Can you just listen to me?” Jungkook cornered her, pushing her against her locker after school. “Please? Jiwoo,” misery was evident in his wavering voice.

Clicking her tongue in annoyance, she shook her head no and pushed Jungkook away, unable to meet his eyes.

“Why can’t you just give me a chance?” He mumbled quietly under his breath, aggravated by Jiwoo’s stubbornness.

She ignored him.

Fury in his eyes, he blocked her from leaving him and hissed, “Zelo smokes too! Why are you biased? Why didn’t you get angry with him?”

 

At that point of time, Jiwoo had declared that Jungkook was indeed the world’s dumbest person. She gaped at Jungkook blankly, wondering if she had heard him wrongly.

A frown was creased on his forehead, his lips was slightly pouty. His expression was indeed adorable; he looked like a confused puppy. She would have relented if not for his darn words.

 

“Leave me alone, dumb . Don’t drag Junhong into this,” she spat into his face and kicked his shin.

 

“Yah Kim Jiwoo! That freaking hurts!”

 

What hurt more was the fact that Jungkook had compared himself to Junhong. Her heart gnawed at that thought.

Junhong was Junhong and Jungkook was Jungkook. She looked at them in different ways. She wasn’t biased.

 

 

Secondly, her mother.

 

Holy crap, it was so hard for them to get along. Given Jiwoo’s abrasive personality, she could easily offend her mother with her sharp words.

 “You are so rude! How are you different from your good for nothing uncle? Tell me! You two are so similar―disrespectful and obnoxious!”

She had so many things to tell her mother. She had wanted to remind her mother that she had feelings too; that whatever was coming out from the latter’s mouth was so insensitive. But she could only keep silent.


“And you don't even want to study hard. You'll grow up to be a failure like him. Why do I have a daughter like you?” 


And sometimes, Jiwoo felt like leaving everything behind. If she were to leave suddenly, would they miss her? Would they regret treating like that? Would they regret hurting her?




How could some people seem so happy? 



The crying from the night before hindered Jiwoo from waking up on time and looking presentable. Her swollen eyes threatened her in contempt but she had no choice but to continue on with life. 
What good would it bring to sulk around? 

“No one really cares; no one has the ing time,” she spat at her reflection in the mirror, obviously still bitter about last night.


She had her fingers crossed that Taehyung wouldn't be downstairs having breakfast. She didn't want him to know what had happened. She didn't want to be a crybaby. She just didn't want him to look at her with those eyes because it made her feel so vulnerable; because he knew most of the things about her; because he could read her so easily. 


(That went for the same for Jeon Jungkook. That kid knew her like the back of his hand.)


Thankfully by the time she was finally ready, her brother had already disappeared and she rushed out of the house without eating breakfast. 

Sometimes, she didn’t know why she did certain things. She just followed aimlessly. (She didn’t know why she rushed to school, she didn’t know why she tried.)


When she made to the classroom whilst gasping for breath, the whole class stared down at her and she felt , so insecure. Not wanting them to notice her puffy eyes, she lowered her head, slithered to her seat and slumped low. 


Coming to class late was one good thing; Jungkook wouldn't have the chance to talk to her. 

But Jiwoo should have seen it coming.

She felt something on her back and she spun her head involuntarily, only to meet Jungkook's curious eyes. 


His eyes widened at the fragile sight of her. She didn't want this to happen. She didn't want him to see how melancholy she was. She quickly turned around, leaving the note unread on the floor. From her peripheral vision, she saw him throwing another crushed paper ball. Soon, the area around her seat was filled with crushed paper but she continued to pretend that she knew nothing about them. Soon, Jungkook gave up upon realizing that she was not relenting.


Halfway throughout lesson, she felt an acute pain from her belly and she gripped onto the table till her knuckles went white. She was having gastric for skipping breakfast. She placed her hand in front of her belly and rubbed it to appease the pain but it wasn't working. 


“Damn it.”



Thankfully, her teacher had declared to take a 5 minutes break and she sighed in relief. She lied her head on the table and closed her eyes, yearning so badly to be away from this hellhole.


“Yah,” she felt someone hovering over her. She could even smell his fruity shampoo with her head buried.

She didn't budge, hoping that he would just go away. But of course, the stubborn Jungkook didn't. Instead, he picked up the crush paper balls and placed them on her table. 


“You can continue to ignore me but don’t ignore my notes. And here's a sandwich, you didn’t eat breakfast.”

The latter was more of a statement than a question. He knew. Jeon Jungkook knew.

He knew her so well.


When he left reluctantly, she peeked from the spaces between her fingers and spotted the sandwich Jungkook had always prepared for her―salm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter