07.

A Ray Of Sunshine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The world has never made sense. 

 

“Jungkook?”

 

Ignored.

 

“Cookie?”

“Are you angry?”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Ignored.

 

It had been days—to be exact, three long days—since that incident and since they had last spoken. It was painfully awkward: the avoidance of each other and the flickering of eyes whenever they would cross paths.

It was weird because they always texted and chatted. It had become a routine for Jiwoo to expect texts from him and vice versa. She realized that they weren’t exactly on speaking terms when she almost sent him a text.

Jiwoo wondered why. Why did he get angry with her? What the hell did Jungkook mean by stop playing with him?

And why hadn’t he been talking to her? Why didn’t they make up? Why couldn’t they forget about everything and act like nothing had happened?

 

What happened?

Jiwoo couldn’t really grasp the entire situation but she knew that she ought to have done something to piss him off so badly. She could say that that was the worst quarrel ever(or maybe even their first). She couldn’t remember when the previous time was. Maybe it was never in their history.

These few days without Jungkook in her life seemed odd. It seemed like a part of her was missing. He was a big part of her life and blocking him out felt awful. Ever since his outburst, he stopped waiting for Jiwoo by her locker, he didn’t eat lunch with them and he would dodge whenever they walked past each other.

She didn’t like how things had changed.

Anyways, Jungkook probably wouldn’t know how he was making Jiwoo feel. He was too dense and simple-minded. Boys… He was just a boy. He would never understand.

 

 

“Where’s Jungkook? I haven’t seen him recently.”

“He’s angry with me,” Jiwoo slumped low in her seat and lied on the table top. Taehyung her hair in response.

When Jiwoo broke the news to her brother, she had expected him to spur out words of concern and maybe offer to mend their friendship but the nonsense from him was something she didn’t expect. He cracked into laughter, as if the fact that Jungkook was angry with her was rather hilarious.

“Are you crazy?” She spat at him, confused.

“Are you crazy? That kiddo is angry with you? Even if you kicked him in the balls, he would never be angry, with you. What the heck did you do?”

“That’s the problem. I don’t know.”

“Then go find out. Surely, he has a reason.”

“Boys are confusing .”

“You just don’t understand.”

Nobody actually understood because the world had never really made sense.

 

 

Poking her head into the dance studio, Jiwoo mustered her courage to confront her dumb best friend. She had to resort to her last plan: visit him during practice so he couldn’t avoid her.

Jiwoo spotted Jimin first since he was the most active one, prancing foolishly around the room. When he met eyes with her, he beamed almost too widely but she hushed him before he could alert the others.

“Oh, Jeon Jungkook’s princess is here!” Jimin sang, smiling foolishly and opened his arms to hug her.  But she shoved his arm away, not wanting to feel his perspiration.  

 

Jungkook was practicing at the other side of the room with his earpieces plugged in so he was oblivious to her arrival.

Jiwoo waved to the other dance crew and settled herself away from the mirrors. Jimin sat beside her, poking fun about the stupid squabble that happe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter