Luhan x Yuhee

EXO One-Shot Collection

*Tease

 

Luhan didn’t understand why she was driving him crazy. They were really good friends and had clicked almost instantly. They had first talked in one of those awkward get-to-know-your-class games and they had to share three facts. Since then they’ve talked, texted, and even hung out since they had the same circle of friends. They got along and were on good terms, but then he started to have feelings for her. He thought she did too for him at times. The deliberate skinship, the amount of thought and care she put whenever she was worried about him, the way they bonded so quickly and how close they were – or so he thought. Some of her actions hurt him, and it ended up controlling his day-to-day feelings and activities. If she complimented him or texted him first, he played well at his soccer game. If he saw her laughing at another guy’s joke or they hardly talked throughout the whole day, he couldn’t concentrate on a school test, despite studying hard for it. No matter what he did and no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn’t get her off his mind. So he came to a decision. And that decision has been tugging at him for weeks. But could he really do it?

          Yes. Today was the day. He will do it and he will succeed. Her answer would either be the end or the start of something precious. The latter was what he preferred, but he wasn’t as confident as he’d like to say he was. Sure, they had some sentimental moments, but he wasn’t the only one. She was close with other guys too, like Kai and Baekhyun. But he just might be an exception, right? She’s definitely not the type to be affectionate directly. She had her pride, which she protected like it was her life, but she was a caring and thoughtful person, and a true leader. That’s what he admired about her. He saw the painful glint in her eyes yet she manages to fool everyone with a fake yet beautiful smile. She was cautious and clumsy. She was cold yet warm. Her reputation says she toys with boys’ feelings but her personality says she’d be one of the most loyal and genuine girlfriend. She would get attached to her friends but not clingy. She was all about opposites and balance – she was intriguing.

          He flicked his pen back and forth, his cheek resting on his palm, sagging his face but he didn’t care. He knew that he was cute nonetheless. And even if he didn’t show any sign of his awareness, he heard the squeals of a few girls from the front of the classroom, sneaking glances at him. But he didn’t care. She wasn’t one of those girls. Where was she anyway? Class was about to start. She wouldn’t be absent, right? She couldnt be. Not today when he actually bottled enough courage to just maybe tell her. All his friends thought it was the perfect timing – summer was approaching so then they’d have their break, which would mean they could enjoy a lot of time together. But then again, on the downside, if she says no, he would have nothing to distract him from her.

          “At least you won’t fail your math test or anything,” Baekhyun had said in attempt to cheer his friend up. “You still have us, you know. We don’t have an expiry date. Hit us up whenever you feel bored. It’s not like you’re going to be alone for the summer.”

          Luhan appreciated Baekhyun’s comfort words. And his friend was right – no matter what her answer was, he still had his friends. He still had soccer. Summer was summer no matter what his relationship status was. He would have time to mend and get over her – and his favorite toy, the Rubik’s Cube, was especially excellent at distracting him.

          Just then she walked in. She ran her fingers through her brown hair that ended just past her shoulders. “Yuhee! Hi,” Luhan greeted her with a grin. Kai and Baekhyun nudged each other at their suddenly-giddy friend. They waved at Yuhee too.

          She smiled back, “Hi Luhan.”

          “Go get your girl, Luhan!” Kai encouraged quietly.

          Luhan couldn’t help but flush. “Now?”

          “Now!” Baekhyun agreed with a smirk. “If you do it now, you’ll either ace your science test or fail it. It’s a good day to try, especially when you have risks and consequences at hand.”

          Luhan rolled his eyes. “Thanks. That really helps.”

          “Just go!”

          Luhan groaned but he got up from his seat, making his two friends grin. He followed Yuhee to her seat. “Did you study for the science test today?” he asked, starting up a casual conversation. Baekhyun and Kai were watching their friend go in a somewhat superior way. They knew what was going to happen. Luhan was a determined person and he didn’t make empty goals. When he sets him mind to something, he’ll do it – and they knew that.

          She sat down in her chair and put her bag beside her feet. “A bit, yeah.”

          He scoffed. “I still don’t get how you manage to get As – and even perfect scores without studying properly. What are you, a genius?”

          She shrugged. “Maybe.” Then she laughed at his stricken expression. Luhan knew that Yuhee wasn’t a cocky person, but he would be lying if he said he wasn’t surprised by her answer. “I’m only joking. I take notes and I read them from time to time, silly. That’s studying, right?”

          “Not enough!”

          Yuhee laughed again. “Oh, don’t look at me like that. You’re a smart cookie.” She reached over to pinch his smooth cheeks and he frowned at her but it wasn’t in a hateful way. He pouted, making her laugh once more. Then it was silent between them. The rest of the class was pretty noisy and there were still a few minutes until their teacher would come. Paper airplanes flew across the room and people were chatting nonstop. It was almost summer and everyone had plans to talk about.

          “Hey, um Yuhee, I’ve been thinking…”

          “Hm? What is it?” Yuhee had a small frown, “Is something troubling you?”

          “No – I mean, yes, kind of…” Luhan sighed, looking down at his feet. She waited patiently for him to talk, but he didn’t know how to say it. “It’s not a problem but it’s more like – damn it.” He frowned deeply and bit his lower lip.

          She looked at him with consideration and worry. “Whatever it is, I’m here for you,” she reassured him. “Your friends are too – unless they’re the ones that’s been bothering you?”

          “No, they aren’t,” he said, still unable to look at her directly. Could he do it? Should he do it? Now? But what if the teacher interrupts them? What if she says no? “I – gosh, damn it.” He took a deep breath. He looked into her brown eyes, curious and restless. It was now or never. “I know this is really sudden and everything, but – will you go out with me?”

          Her breath hitched, and Luhan held his breath. This was the moment that would decide his whole day and his science test and his soccer game on Friday and his summer and –

          “Yes.”

          “What?”

          She giggled. Was she mocking him? No! She just said yes! Right? Right?! “Yes, it’s really sudden. And yes, I will go out with you.”

          His eyes enlarged as he grinned. “Really?”

          “Yeah! I mean it’s a nice day and everything, so why not?”

          Luhan’s face fell. “Oh. Um…” he lost his confidence. “That’s not what I meant,” he wanted to say. But he couldn’t. How could he? His pride, his courage, everything…it all broke down. He couldn’t even look at her face anymore.

          “I’m joking.”

          “What?” he frowned a bit. Did he have a chance?

          “Sorry, that was a bit mean – but yeah. I’ll go out with you. In that way,” Yuhee said with an awkward smile. “You know me, always trying to find an escape route before I come to a decision. I didn’t know you liked me, I mean, yeah – anyways, I won’t make things awkward. But if you want, I’ll go outside with you too.”

          He blinked. Yuhee always made complicated jokes. But then he laughed, relieved and happy. “So you’re mine?”

          “I’m no one’s property – but yeah, if you’re talking about the icky definition of ‘mine’ in a romantic relationship – I guess I am.”

          He grinned again, wider than before. “So today after school, you and me, around five or something – let’s go watch a movie?”

          The teacher barged in. “Settle down class, settle down!” he said as he messily put his suitcase and jacket away.

          Luhan turned his attention back to Yuhee, waiting for her answer. His eyes were desperate, and Yuhee wanted to more, but she had no time, and despite what her pride as a female was saying, she just wanted to give into him immediately. She could finally stop locking her feelings away in fear of rejection and getting hurt. Very, very abruptly and quite unexpectedly, they were together, but gladly so. She was in bliss, although she did her best to keep that hidden. She didn’t want to show all of her excitement at once. “I think I’d prefer the Moonstone Square. I like ice cream and talking to my boyfriend, you know.”

          He smirked, but it wasn’t an arrogant type of smirk. It was the smirk that appeared naturally on guys when they finally got what they wanted after much effort. “Even better.”

 

-----------------------------------------

Second chapter, double update~ Title's a bit strange, couldn't think of anything better... Haha, please give me some feedback! I appreciate all comments and subcriptions. I'm still a rookie member so all encouragement has a very big impact on me > < Is it too long or too short? I'm quite paranoid about these things so sorry!! Yeah, I reaaaally hope you liked it though!

 

Please subscribe and comment!~ ❤

-Seohee