The Mastermind

Tag

Two minutes...

That's how long they had been running...

Two freaking minutes...

And within those couple of minutes, YoungJae was already wheezing and gasping for air like a person having an asthma attack, sweat trickling down his face.

He long since given up on recieving any help from HimChan seeing as he was still passed out in the middle of the street and although he managed this long, outrunning YongGuk was just not possible especially with the older rolling over every hood that was in his way. With all these factors in the equation, it was obvious he wasn't going to make it any longer.

He was so done with tag.

"Just give up YoungJae! You can't out run me!"

YoungJae whimpered at the truth. Why did he have to be so slow?

So with no other plan in mind, YoungJae stopped running, turned around and dropped to his knees. Eyes closed as he outstretched his arm out in front of him, palm facing outward. 

And it was that moment YoungJae felt something hard pressed up against his palm.

He prayed it wasn't what he thought it was. The only hard thing he wanted in his hands when he was on his knees belonged to DaeHyun.

He whimpered again. Oh God! He really really hoped it wasn't what he thought it was.

Slowly he opened his eyes. Eyes blinking repeatitively as he had a staring contest with YongGuk's abdomen.

Good, it wasn't what he thought it was.

Out of shock, he gave the abdomen a rub, sinfully enjoying the abs through the fabric. So ripped YongGuk is. He could only imagine how they look without a shirt. He bet all four vertical sections on each side were perfectly visibl...

Wait.

A.

Minute.

YoungJae's eyes widen as he pulled his hands away and jumped up at the same time YongGuk fell in defeat. "I won!!" Leaving YongGuk on the ground, he ran over to HimChan. "HimChan Hyung! We won!"

Instantly, HimChan bolted off the ground. "We won!!? Oh my god! We won!" HimChan pulled YoungJae into a hug as the two bounced around in victory. "I can't believe we won! I thought for sure we'd lose. How did you pull that off?"

"Okay so it was after when you and JongUp tagged each other out. YongGuk Hyung was all 'Oh God, I have to go against YoungJae!' And I was like 'Yeah, you better be scared! You've picked the wrong DongSaeng to go up against!' That must have scared him because he started running away right? But then I-"

HimChan raised his hands, stopping the younger in the middle of his story. "Woah! Woah! Woah! Wait a minute. When JongUp and I tagged each other?"

"Yep! So anyway! I chased after him and he's ducking behind cars, trying to avoid me right? But me, being Gangster Jae, I pulled this awesome ninja-"

"I didn't tag JongUp out."

YoungJae fell silent instantly. "....Say what?"

HimChan gave a nonchalant shrug, "Yea, I tripped over a stick in the street and well...he got me."

All color in YoungJae's face drained. "But he-double tag-you...so then...that means-"

"That you lose YoungJae Hyung," JongUp replied as he clasped a hand on YoungJae's shoulder. His normally happy sunshine smile had now shifted into a mischievious smirk. "I win."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

It was a set up. JongUp had this planned the whole time." DaeHyun had revealed. "He was the one who had texted the others that I was at Burger King. He waited until YoungJae pushed JunHong high enough on the swing before coming out so the kid could injure himself. JongUp was smart enough to know YoungJae would have HimChan Hyung go against him and he knew YongGuk would fall prey to YoungJae's drop to the knees defense." He looked up at astonished Zico. "He had played off our assumption of him being dim-witted and manipulated us."

"....JongUp?"

DaeHyun nodded. "Yep."

"Came up with all of that?"

"Yeah."

"JongUp...as in Moon, JongUp?"

"Yes, Zico."

"HimChan's boy-"

DaeHyun huffed in agitation. "Oh my God! Yes damn it! Yes! JongUp! As in HimChan Hyung's supposed-idiotic-always smiling boyfriend JongUp!!!"

"No need to yell, I was just asking."

"Well stop! I already told you it was JongUp!"

"Dude! The kid you guys call an idiot had just came up with something so complex and well thought out, how could I not!? To do something like that...he just might be smarter than YoungJae."

DaeHyun snickered sarcastically, "No one is smarter than my YoungJae."

"Could've fooled me." Zico sneered back.

An awfully big silence drifted amongst them, mingling with the little amount of tension between the two before disappering when Zico continued. "So where is everyone now?"

DaeHyun shrugged. "They went to go get ice cream without me."

Zico's face became catatonic, tone completely flat. "....Seriously?"

"Yeah, YongGuk Hyung said I couldn't go because it was punishment for leaving during the game, but I don't think that's fair. They know I have to live to eat."

"Don't you mean eat to live?"

DaeHyun paused as he thought over what he said. "Nah, I had it right the first time."

"Ah...." Zico nodded absentmindedly. "And you know this...how?

"Do you mean the ice cream thing or the whole tag thing?"

"Both."

DaeHyun leaned back in his chair. "You're going to be disappointed."

"As I have been the moment you began this story, what's one more disappointment?"

"You sure you want to know?"

"Yes I'm sure."

"You absolutely sure?"

Okay, so that's completely annoying. "Yes DaeHyun."

"Positive?"

"Yes! Now shut up and just tell me!"

"Alright." DaeHyun threw his hands up in surrender. He withdrew a breath and revealed his secret to his knowing. "Text messages."

Zico glowered at DaeHyun to show his disappointment. "That's it? You sure you weren't spying in a tree somewhere or had the kids in the park be your spies?"

DaeHyun shook his head. "I told you, you'd be disappointed."

Zico scoffed as he rolled his eyes. "Bye DaeHyun." Standing from his chair, he walked over to the wall and the remaining lights before walking out the kitchen.

He was so done with DaeHyun and the rest of B.A.P.

"Wait! Zico! Before you go, can I get something to eat?!"

" you Jung, DaeHyun!"

DaeHyun stood from his chair and walked over to the fridge. "I'll take that as him saying 'Yes DaeHyun, help yourself.'"

****************************

And so my fellow readers, that is the end of Tag. I appreciate the comments and subscribers. Didn't expect much from just a random thought.

Again thank you so much for taking the time to read and subscribe.

-Sincerely, Lilikoi