Let The Game Begin

Tag

DaeHyun sat in the vacant seat across from Zico. The room was dark with only one light on above their heads, giving Zico visual of the sling DaeHyun's right arm was in and the violet-blue colored bruise that lined the left side of his face. Zico leaned forward, clasping his hands together. "So...do you mind explaining to me what exactly happened out there?"

DaeHyun was silent as he stared down at the table as he toyed with his cup of water anxiously. Even he was unsure what had happened. What had begun as a game of harmless fun, filled with the masucline laughter of young men turned into a game of kidnapping, torture, betrayal, and double-crossing.

DaeHyun looked up at Zico, cold brown eyes locked with intrigued brown ones. "It all started with HimChan Hyung wanting to play tag...."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

It was around three in the afternoon when the six had gathered in the park to play tag. Boredom and HimChan had been the cause for them being out here, but the thought of having fun had been their motivation.

"In this park...." HimChan glanced around at each of his friends. His eyes narrowed as he paced back and forth, hand outstretched sweeping across the landscape of the park. "Our game of tag shall begin and our boredom shall end. I said, In this park! We shall run through the grass! Showing these brats how a true game of t-"

"Damnit! HimChan shut up and let's play!" YongGuk exclaimed cutting off HimChan's dramatic speech. "Let's just play the damn game already!"

HimChan rolled his eyes and huffed, arms folded across his chest as he stopped pacing. "Fine."

"Thank you."

"This will be played with two teams of three.YongGuk and I are team captains." He turned to YoungJae, game strategy already in play. "YoungJae is my first pick."

"Yes!" YoungJae grinned, pumping his fist.

DaeHyun glared at his happy boyfriend. How dare he be happy! He couldn't do that! They were always together and that's how they should remain. "Really YoungJae? You're leaving me for HimChan Hyung?"

YoungJae shrugged, "Sorry Dae, but I want to win."

That hurt. Winning was far more important to YoungJae than he was? Well then... "Fine, I'm on YongGuk Hyung's team then!" He turned to YongGuk, "Actually before this game starts can we go get something to eat? I feel like having Burger K-"

"Shut up DaeHyun! You know what? Why don't you be on Hi-"

"Nope! He called your team so that leaves my final pick to be JunHong." HimChan pulled the younger to his side, "That leaves you with JongUp."

"Aw what!?" YongGuk looked from HimChan to JongUp then back. "Man come on!! First you give me this thing!"

DaeHyun frowned, he was offended. "I don't appreciate being called a thing Hyung."

"-And then you leave me with him?! That's not fair and you know it!"

HimChan smirked. "YongGuk...you are talking to Kim, HimChan. I am devilishly cunning, angelically handsome and I hate being fair." He turned to the second youngest. "I love you J.Up, but you lack the mental capacity and the height I need to win this game."

Said boy grinned. "It's ok Hyung. I understand."

HimChan chuckled and shook his head. Sweet little shy JongUp didn't even realize he had just been insulted. His point had been made. "Let's get started."

JunHong felt it was his obligation to his Hyungs to make sure they knew not to take this game seriously. "Remember Hyungs, this is purely for fun and should not be taken serious-Oh okay ignore me then."

"Alright on the count of three, ready?" YoungJae replied, watching as the other five nodded at him. "One...

It was only a game....

"Two..."

A game that should have been fun...

"Twenty-two.....plus two....divided by ei-"

"Damnit YoungJae hurry up!!"

A game that had turned into a living hell....

"Three!!"

Our lives will never be the same again....

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"It was during this game I realized that...." Zico watched as DaeHyun ran his hand along his sling, the cold look gone and replaced by heartbreak.

"What did you realize DaeHyun?"

"....That we were not as close as we thought we were...That all the ties we had worked so hard to build between one another....was shattered the moment YoungJae said three."

Zico sighed, listening to this story he was unsure how it could have possibly turned bad when the beginning sounded so....childish.

But that's exactly what that was....the beginning.

***********************

This was supposed to be a oneshot, but I found it far more interesting to split it into five short chapters....give or take.