tell me goodbye

♕ тнê cenтeяρiêce ↷ h i a t u s
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝Tell Me Goodbye❞

 

pairing: Kris /Kyungsoo

requested by: missEe502

rating: PG-13

word count: 2,845

 

 

 

 

 

‘Ladies and gentlemen, the next train to Ulsan will leave in 10 minutes’

 

“Isn’t that your train?”

 

“YiFan, it’s Busan, not Ulsan.”

 

“Oh, yeah, right. Sorry. I’m a... little nervous.”

 

“There’s no need to be nervous.” Kyungsoo smiled warmly, resting his head on his boyfriend’s shoulder, YiFan, their hands intertwined in a tight grip. “It’s not like I’m leaving the country.”

 

“I know, baby. But this is the first we’ll be separated for so long.”

 

Kyungsoo and YiFan met each other when they were still in 6th grade. Still young and innocent, they had started dating without knowing what they were doing. When they had told their parents they had a boyfriend back then, they had laughed and patted their heads saying ‘Aren’t you cute?’. No one really believed that relationship would last for long. After all, they were just kids.

 

However, here they are, several years later, ready to start their college lives in a few months, still together as lovers. They had their up and downs but not even once they broke up or were separated. Together since such a small age, they know each other like the palm of their own hands or even better. They have become soul mates without even realizing. They went to the same middle school, they’ve been in the same high school and only now, for their first time, they will study in different buildings.

 

YiFan was going to an Architecture University in Seoul, where they lived, but Kyungsoo, that has always been attracted by the mysteries of the human body and mind, is moving to Busan, where he will attend the Medical School, on the other side of the country. When in the last year of high school they were asked which path they would take from then on, the two teens still tried to, somehow, choose something that would please them both and allow them to study on the same school and keep them together. Despite the long and unending talks they had, they soon realized that wouldn’t be possible. Their dream jobs were too different.

 

Keeping a relationship with so much distance between each other isn’t easy. They wondered when they were both on their own beds at night, if they should break up or not, several times. They both thought about doing it. However, when their eyes fell on the other on the next day, they knew they would never be able to break up. There were cell phones, computers, internet and several other stuffs they could use to communicate! There was no need for a break up because they would try their hardest to never lose touch. They will survive. Their love was big enough for that. And it’s not like they would stop seeing each other for the next 4 years. They could meet each other on weekends and vacations exist for something, right?

 

Still, even if they knew about all this, they feared for their relationship. ‘What if he falls in love with someone else?’, they both thought regularly. That was possible to happen and they wouldn’t be there to kick the guy or girl’s .  But they shouldn’t think about this or they wouldn’t be able to let the other go at all.

 

Kyungsoo and YiFan were now sitting at a bench of the train station waiting for the machine that would take Kyungsoo away. Even though the weather was slightly warm, they couldn’t help being as close as possible of each other. Those were the last minutes before they never saw each other for weeks, probably months.

 

“I’ll go visit you as much as I can.” YiFan promised, taking his boyfriend’s hand to his lips.

 

“I know. It’s the millionth time you say that already. Just today.”

 

“I can’t help it. I feel like someone is about to cut me half.”

 

“YiFan, please, don’t do this.” Kyungsoo raised his head, his eyes, that seemed to always been filled with tears since he decided to go leave to Busan, looking at YiFan with a silent request. They had already said their goodbyes at home, including their parents, to avoid all the crying and whining in public. If YiFan kept saying those things, Kyungsoo knew he would start crying again and probably lose the train on purpose for the third time already. They both knew that couldn’t happen. The more they took to say goodbye, the harder it would be.

 

“I’m sorry but…it’s hard.” YiFan slapped his own cheeks, trying to kick his own tears away. “Is there anything else we can talk about? I’m getting depressed.”

 

“Me too.” Kyungsoo looked down, trying to think of something. “Oh, I know! I found this the other day.” The big eyed male reached out his hand towards his suitcase and opened the exterior pocket, taking a folded and kind of old paper out of it. One suitcase wouldn’t be enough for the time he would be spending away but YiFan would be gentle enough to bring him more on purpose.

 

“What is it?” YiFan asked, looking at the unknown paper in confusion. Carefully not to rip the fragile paper, YiFan unfolded it.

 

“You were the one who gave it to me. Did you forget?”

 

“What? You mean…” The blonde haired teen widened his eyes when he read the small and messy letters on the paper. “This is the letter I gave you when I confessed in 6th grade! Why did you keep it all this years?”

 

“It’s a very precious memory, you know?” Kyungsoo took the paper off the other’s hands before he threw it away because that’s exactly what he was thinking.

 

“It’s embarrassing.”

 

“It’s cute.” Kyungsoo chuckled, reading the words out loud. “Kyungsoo, Hyung. I willy, willy e you. Ken I bee you’re boifriend?”

 

“God.” YiFan hid his face in his hands in embarrassment while he heard his boyfriend’s laughing at him. “Stop. Just…stop.”

 

“Why? You were willy, willy cute back then.” YiFan groaned in frustration, cursing his past self for being so dumb. How could he have written willy instead of really? ‘It’s similar!’, the 11 years old would have replied. “And your Korean was perfect, I have to say.”

 

“Stop making fun of me! I was a Chinese kid who had moved to Korea four months ago! What did you expect?”

 

“You could speak pretty well for a Chinese kid. But I guess writing wasn’t your strongest point.” Kyungsoo pointed at one of the words. “Look at this, you wrote ‘Ken’ instead of ‘can’! Were you a fan of Barbie or something?”

 

“Shut up!” YiFan tried to grab the paper with his longer arms but Kyungsoo quickly hid it under his shirt.

 

“I don’t know why you’re so embarrassed, baby. This letter brought us together!”

 

“Yeah, right. If I remember, you said no when I gave you this letter. I had to work my off to finally make you mine.”

 

“Well, probably, yes. But I would have never looked at you if you didn’t give me this.”

 

“Why not? Because I was too short?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter