2

Until Infinity

“Minzy!” I woke up upon hearing someone shouting my name. It sounds like Bom though.

 

 

Damn, did I just fell asleep on top of a tree? I wonder what could have happened if I fell. Will I be saved by someone or will I get hurt, or worse, die?

 

 

“Minzy! Where are you? Your mom is looking for you”

 

 

I jumped down from the tree landing just behind Bom. She let out a small squeal which I find really cute then glared at me.

 

 

“Great, there you are. Now, let’s go home. Your Mom baked cookies, hurry up!”

 

 

---

“Mom, I’m home! Where are the cookies?” I said as I scented the cookies fresh from the oven. Oh those soft cookies, so mouthwatering.

 

 

I went nearer the round table and was about to get one when Mom tapped my hand.

 

 

“Before that, give these cookies to Mrs. Liu.” She handed me a container filled with cookies. “Hurry up and come back before your dad eats all the cookies.

 

 

I wore my slippers and literally dragged Bom outside, with a cookie in . She kept on insisting on going back but I did not let her.

 

 

“Hey Bommie” says I while I walked in front to face her and walked backwards. “I found a pretty place, up in that Mango tree in the Botanical garden. You can see the whole town from there”

 

 

She raised a brow at me so I continued

“I’ll help you climb up that tree, don’t---“

 

 

The container I was holding fell down, good thing the cookies were safe. I turned around to say sorry to the person I bumped to but I saw that it’s Mrs. Liu.

 

 

“Omo, I’m sorry about that Mrs. Liu, Good day to you.” I bowed to her and she patted my head. “Good day to you too, Minzy and Bom”

 

 

“My Mom baked cookies today and she asked me to give this to you” I handed her the container fiiled with cookies.

 

 

“Why don’t you girls come home with me and let’s share these cookies? It’s fine right?” She smiled, her dimples showing. I always thought that Mrs. Liu’s smile is adorable; it somehow brightens up my mood.

 

 

I wonder: does my smile brighten up someone’s day?

 

 

“Fine by me, Mrs. Liu” I said to her and looked at Bom, “Will you go, Bom?”

 

 

“I would love to but I think I’d have to go home now. I’ll just tell your mother that you’ll be at Mrs. Liu’s” She bowed and bid goodbye to us, dashing off.

 

 

---

 

 

We walked until we reached the Liu’s residence while talking about me, the clocks and her daughter, Amber. Mrs. Liu is a close friend of my mom when they were kids. They also came from a noble family so they also have the Shinigami’s eye.

 

 

“HAHAHHAHA YESUNG YOU LOOK STUPID”

“WHAT?! I’m just eating a banana here. You’re so mean”

 

 

Amber’s and someone’s voice can be heard from the door. Mrs. Liu searched for her keys while I adored the flowers in their mini garden.

 

 

I wish I’m just a flower instead. I can’t see or I can’t be affected of all the things happening in my surrounding. And my life span would be undetermined.

 

 

Come in Minzy, feel at home.” Mrs. Liu invited me inside their house and the moment I stepped in, Amber greeted me with a very tight hug.

 

 

“MINZY-AH!” She said while hugging me. “Hello Amber! How have you been?”

 

 

“Great!” She said, her excitement can be heard that her words almost came out as a squeal. “Oh yeah, Yesung!” She called out. Maybe the person she’s talking to a while ago. Moments later, a guy with a fair complexion showed up. He has a perfect nose, beautiful eyes and blonde hair.

 

 

“Wait, blonde hair?!”

 

“Yesung?” I said barely audible. “YOU?!” I shouted when I realized who this Yesung guy is. He’s the guy on the tree. Ugh, why of all times that I will meet him? WHY HERE?!

 

 

“oh it’s you.” He said calmly but his eyes are glaring at me and it really is scary. I can’t even look at him in the eyes.

 

 

“You know each other? That’s great then!” Amber said excitedly. “Oh, I’m going to show you something Minzy. Let me get it” She said dashing away from the two of us. Mrs. Liu is preparing hot cocoa for us while I awkwardly sit on their sofa. Yesung is sitting on the other side.

 

 

Uhh, what should I do? Should I introduce myself? No, that thought rang wrong. Should I say sorry?

Yea, of course I should.

 

 

“Uhm, Yesung?”

 

 

“… Hmm?”

 

 

“uhh, I-I’m sorry. About what happened earlier. I was, uhm, in a bad mood and I vented it out on you. I know it’s wrong. I’m sorry”

 

 

“…okay”

 

 

“uhm, so, we’re okay?”

 

 

“… I guess so.”  

 

 

Awkward silence followed after that. Yesung just sat there playing with his cellphone. Ugh I hate this.

Stood up and went to their comfort room. I washed my face and mentally talked to myself.

 

 

Minzy, why are you acting like this? Just ignore his existence”

 

 

When I went out of the bathroom, Mrs. Liu was waiting for me outside.

 

 

“Minzy-ah, you have seen Yesung’s life span, right?” She said in a low tone.

“Yes. It’s… near to its end.”

 

 

“Yeah, Unfortunately, he doesn’t know that.“ she said with a worried expression. “He’s not a noble like us. So he doesn’t know anything about his lifespan. “

 

 

“Oh” was the only thing that came out from my mouth.

 

 

“ I mean, he does know that he has leukemia but he doesn’t know that he’s near his end. That’s why don’t mention it to him, okay?”

 

 

“Yes, sure”

 

 

“Minzy-ah! Where are you? I painted a picture of us two when we were kids!” Amber called from the living room and I excused myself from Mrs. Liu and walked pass her.

 

 

“And uhm, Minzy. Will you befriend him? Can you do it? For me?” Mrs. Liu said, her eyes hopeful and as if pleading.

 

 

“Yes, No problem”