Final

Until Infinity

For a long time, we stayed like that. Telling stories to each other and laughing with each other. We laughed and smiled till our cheeks felt sore.

 

“I want to be a bird” Yesung blurted out. “I want to be as free as a bird. I want to be free from this sickness, from the people around me, free from the lies.”

 

He looked at me, and then slowly, his smile faded away. “I want the people around me to stop fooling me. I’m not ignorant or anything. I know that my end is near”

 

I don’t know what to say. So I just placed my hand on his shoulder and comforted him. “Everything’s going to be okay”

 

“NO! No, it’s not okay! Everyone needs to stop telling me that.”

 

“I’m sorry” I said with an inaudible voice, looking down and trying real hard to avoid his gaze.

 

“Don’t be.” He patted my head and smiled lightly at me. Then I noticed his Clock of Life.

 

 

 

“NO WAY”

 

 

Tears started to fall. I was sobbing madly and all he did was hug me.

 

 

 

“Minzy, I know”

 

 

 

That was what he said and I cried harder.

 

“So I’m going to tell you this right now.” He held my chin and tilted my head to face him.

 

“I love you. I don’t know if it’s because of your bratty attitude or your smiling face or what. But I love you”

 

I cried harder, and hugged him tighter.

 

“I love you too” I managed to say between my sobs “I was only afraid to admit it but I do, I really do”

 

He smiled; maybe this will be the last time that I’ll see him smile.

He then leaned closer and held my chin, placing his lips on mine. His lips were warm and the kiss was very gentle.

 

Then I felt him pass something to my mouth through the kiss.

 

“What was that?”

 

“My mom always says that when things get tough and you think you can face it, it’s okay to escape it for a while. You’ll be asleep for at least half a day by that pill”

 

I felt everything around me spinning. My vision is getting darker and I really am getting sleepy.

 

“Wait, Yesung”

 

I’ll be gone by the time you wake up. Goodbye, Minzy.I’ll love you till infinity”

 

And everything went black.