The Third Day of February.

He May Not Be Him
Please log in to read the full chapter

**I'll re-edit later.

 seven. 

Despite filming for what seemed like hours on end, they were luckily ahead of the time line placed for them, even with the series of mishaps and having to replace models. With being ahead, Jessica and Jay were growing even more anxious to get it all completed so they could have time to spare for cleaning up and last minute frame editing. Watching the busy bodies of the staff members, Kyuhyun and Hyorin stood off to the side of the set in the final scene outfits laid out specifically for them. It was only then that they realized Jessica approaching them, her hands clasped tightly around the pink notepad she had been diligently scribbling in for the past few hours.


"Okay everyone, listen up." She announced while pulling the notepad tighter against her chest, "this is the final scene in which Hyorin-ssi will choose the man she feels she has the most sparks with and at that very moment, we kill the shot and stop filming."

"Ne," a few workers called out as they worked on adjusting the camera angles while the others continued to listen. Turning on her heel to face Kyuhyun, Jessica locked eyes with the slightly nervous man, "and the loser will have to wear a disappointed look for this to all work...a very disappointed look." Understanding her instructions, Kyuhyun simply nodded his head in compliance while he excusing himself to take his place on set.

As the background noise subsided and everyone had taken their places on and off set, the music was cued and then entered Jay as he wore a smug expression on his face while moving his lips to the lyrics. Two of the cameras zoomed in as he waltzed on over to Hyorin who was busy staring back at Kyuhyun to 'notice' Jay's presence. Meanwhile as Jay continued to act and sing along, Kyuhyun tried his best to keep the volume of their conversation as lowly as possible for only the two of them to hear.

"Don't screw up," he warned.

"I won't, Mr. Cho but thanks for having the confidence in me," Hyorin replied sarcastically while keeping her composure. Any other time, she would have easily walked away from him but she couldn't, not when everyone was counting on her...including her boss.

"Babo-rin, I wanted to commend you on keeping your cool this entire time." Kyuhyun began as he slid a hand into his pants pocket, "honestly, I thought I'd have to be the one to save you from drowning in your tears but that's not been the case."

"You have an awful way of saying 'thank you' but you're welcome and no, no tears from this woman. Not today and definitely no more over Mr. Park."

"I wanted to tell you...the question you asked me about Soyu-ssi," rubbing the back of his neck with the pads of his fingers, he smiled sheepishly which only made him look the part of a mischievous five year old. "She would have definitely knocked Mr. Park's lights out if she were the one to have come. I'm sure you wouldn't be comfortable with the image of a pregnant lady all over your ex which is why I asked the boss if we could switch instead."

Smiling to herself as her cheeks began to heat up, Hyorin shifted her gaze to the floor in order to avoid the scrutinizing eye of Kyuhyun and the others watching on. Opening to thank him once again, she was cut off when a pair of shoes entered their area and a hand lightly gripped onto her shoulder. With slightly agape, she was caught on camera with the surprise expression in which Jay quickly pointed to himself and then jabbed his finger in the direction of Kyuhyun. Catching on, Kyuhyun stuffed his hands into his pockets as he watched the couple with curiosity; Jay with his face scrunched up into a sullen expression struggled to yell out the word, "choose" as Hyorin's eyes darted between the two.

This was the moment, the moment she would have to choose between two men who have gotten under her skin in totally different ways. The moment in which would never be taken seriously because it's acting and since it is just acting when has a little revenge ever hurt anyone?

Taking a step back from Jay's grasp, Hyorin slowly twined her arm around Kyuhyun's bicep as she tried her best to give off an apologetic look by allowing her bottom lip to protrude outwards along with a slight head tilt. With his mouth agape, Kyuhyun could give off a slight shrug of his shoulders as he escorted the lady on his arm off the stage and out of the frame shot.

"And cut!" the director hollered out as everyone stood around and clapped in excitement including the gossiping duo with hair brush in tote. Winking at the ladies, Hyorin strutted by as Kyuhyun led the way to the wardrobe tents but beofre they could enter their own, Jessica bounded up to them in awe, "Hyorin-ssi, wait!" Allowing the taller woman to catch her breath, Hyorin stood still as she waited for an onslaught of insults and disappointment but instead, the next words to come out of even had Kyuhyun in shock—although he kept it well concealed. "That was brilliant! It was so unexpected, hell Jay didn't even expect it; we were able to capture raw, real emotions and I think that scene alone will definitely pull on some viewers heart-strings."

Laughing the compliment off, Hyorin could only giggle in delight while Kyuhyun continously casted disapproving looks in her direction. "Well, I thought I'd give things a twist."

"A big twist! I've totally got to call your boss up and tell him how much I appreciate him for sending you guys." Jessica continued on as she tossed her long hair over her thin shoulders, "even Jay likes it after the initial shock of course."

"Yeah, you two look great on screen with one another," Jay added as he appeared from behind Jessica, his eyes twinkling as he gazed down at his wickedly-beautiful fiancée. "I just got back from watching the play back a couple times over. If I didn't know you guys were business partners, I would say that you were dating one another."

"We're strictly partners." Hyorin replied while waving the comment off with her hand.

"Yes, only partners. Miss Kim isn't really my type; she's a little on the not so bright side."

"Well if Hyorin doesn't appeal to your tasts, Jessica has other friends." Jay suggested while noticing the shift in stance on Hyorin's part. One moment she was loving the compliments she had been receiving, the next she was on defense-mode as her back went rigid at the mention of Jessica's 'other friends'.

"Ah ne," Jessica chimed in, "I have one in mind. She's like an angel and she's excels at everything she's ever put her mind to." Boasting about her friend, Hyorin could only scowl at the couple as they attempted to play cupid. "And she has the chubbiest cheeks!" I have chubby cheeks too...wait, snap out of Rin.

Tapping his wife's shoulders with his own, Jay frowned as he spoke the next sentence in English, "Jess, stop .I think Hyorin's getting jealous." Turning his attention back on the shortest of them all, he wore an aggravating smirk on his face while apologizing. "We're only joking please forgive us for our insensitivity."

"Why are you apologizing to me?" Hyorin answered as she gestured her arm towards Kyuhyun, "shouldn't you be directing that at him instead?"

"Maybe but that's besides the point. Would you guys mind coming back on set for a second? It won't take up much of your time, I promise."

Honestly, what is one supposed to do in that type of situation? Truthfully, a part of Hyorin was ready to call it 'quits' and leave for the day but on the other hand, she couldn't smother the piece of her that emphasizes responsibility. She had already completed a few of his not-so-complicated requests up to this point, would it kill to grant him another? 

Obliging to his favor, Kyuhyun and Hyorin entered the set again which only contained one camera this time and a worker to operate it. Ushering them over, the man adjusted the lens a few times before finally turning to greet the 'actors' once again. Not knowing what to do or how to place themselves, Kyuhyun allowed the man to direct him towards Hyorin until their chests were in close proximity. Not satisfied with the amount of space between them, the camera man let out an audible sigh as he clucked his tongue in displeasure. "I need you guys to get much closer, like," pulling on the taller man's arm, he guided it until he could get the limb to wrap around the petite woman's waist without any protest. "This!"

"Ah that's perfect!" Jessica exclaimed as she moved forward to glance at the monitor screen. Waving Jay over, she allowed the man to take a look before he too nodded and showcased a thumbs up to the camera man who could only swell up with pride for a job well done.

"What's going on?" Kyuhyun queried nervously, his deep shaky voice surprising even himself. Hyorin on the other hand could only attempt to regulate the crazily thumping organ within as the vibrations from her partner's voice sent ripples against her core. It was the little things he did that got to her and this was no different but then again, it was the first time she had ever been this close in his personal space.

"We thought to include this extra scene on a last minute spur," Jay answered while beaming a comforting smile. "We have the extra time to play around and the director thought it'll be cute since you two look so good together."

"So, we'll decide later to keep or toss it when we edit so for now, pucker up, okay?" The cat-like lady added as she demonstrated her own version on Jay's cheek.

"Pucker up?" Kyuhyun repeated, his mind racing with doubt. How could they ask for something so irrational? Even if it is just acting, they weren't actual professionals in this field and it's a possibility that this will only cause problems in the near future. Such as Hyorin becoming too awkward around him to function or worst case scenario, him losing his footing whenever she's around. Shaking his head, he allowed all the worries to dissipate; if anything ever gets awkward, he'll just have to make it all not-so-awkward.

"Why must we torture ourselves for something you guys might edit out in the end? This is absolutely ludicrous!" Hyorin seethed as she started to take a step back from Kyuhyun's embrace. Tightening his arm aro

Please log in to read the full chapter