Meeting You Again.

He May Not Be Him
Please log in to read the full chapter

four.

"You know each other?" the woman asked as her eyes narrowed at Hyorin. 

"Yeah, she's a friend from college." A friend? 

"Oh? Well if that's all then." Kyuhyun sat idly as he watched Jay gain the attention of an employee who poured alcohol into four glasses. He then slid one of those glasses over, waiting for Kyuhyun to take it before speaking.

"I'm glad that you were able to make a spot for me on your schedule." Jay commented as he downed half his glass.

"Of course, anything for you Jay and Jessica-ssi."

"You can tell your partner that we give her full permission to sit. She doesn't have to be scared." Jessica announced as she leaned back into the couch's cushions. Flushing at the comment, Hyorin was thankful for the dimmed lights and plopped down next to Kyuhyun. Scared? I'd rather just not be here at all.

"Are you still thinking about the offer?" Kyuhyun began as he brought his own glass to his lips.

"No...and yes. I would like to sign but I need my own right of freedom; I've been working so long as my own advisor that I didn't graduate with a degree in business for no reason whatsoever. Just give me a couple more days and I'll decide by then."

"Fine by me."

"Since I've got you here with me now Mr. Cho, let's enjoy ourselves, ne?"

"Well, we could use a break." Kyuhyun acknowledged as he glanced down at his wrist watch. Hyorin could only pivot her head to glare up at her boss, at a lost for words. Throwing his head back, he poured the contents of his glass down his throat before lifting his head again and using the back of his hand to wipe away any liquid evidence. Not really pleased with what she had just witnessed, Hyorin was able to find her sense of respect and as she stood up to leave, she felt Kyuhyun wrap his fingers around her wrist only to yank her back down, "stay. Enjoy yourself, will you?"

"Why should I?"

"You've got nothing going on anyway."

"What?" she scoffed, snatching her wrist from his grasp, "how do you know what I've going on?"

"Other than going home to unpack, that's not really much of something to do," gazing at the confused expression on his face, he felt compelled to answer her, "Soyu-yah told me."

"Oh that's just great! My new friend is a certified snitch!"

"Not true, I asked her myself, she didn't tell me willingly. Now here, take a sip and calm down." Pushing the glass that Jessica had poured in the midst of their small confrontation, Kyuhyun watched as Hyorin took a few sniffs and then a long swig of the beverage.

"Why don't we hit the dance floor, we're in a club. It'd be a waste." Jessica giggled as she pulled Jay to his feet. Not wanting to be left alone in a room, in a club she had never visited before, Hyorin gathered all her wits together and followed the three out of the room.

 

 

Around the perimeter of the room stood people who were either drinking, smoking or chattering amongst themselves. Hyorin automatically felt out of her element as soon as she stepped in; being a student who had solely concentrated on her studies while attending school, she had never visited the inside of an actual club. The whole thing was just weird, how Kyuhyun had dragged her along to learn the insides and outsides of trying to sign a client only to end up partying and grinding in a club. It never happened like this while she was in Thailand and if it did, Hyorin was sure she would no longer be employed.

"I've got to use the restroom." Hyorin uttered as she tapped Kyuhyun's shoulder. After receiving a slight nod of the head and a wave of his fingers, Hyorin took it as a sign that he didn't want to be bothered as he conversed with a woman next to them. Sprinting away as best as she could, Hyorin was tempted to call a cab and end the 'appointment' when she realized that she didn't have the money to travel. Moving from country to country was a struggle but transferring all currency to an entirely different one was even more difficult. Mentally cursing herself, Hyorin continued her way to the bathroom down a hall of mirrors.

Stopping to glance at her reflection, she took notice of the champagne colored business dress that hugged her every curve. Although she wasn't;t dressed the part of a club-goer, the outfit worked well enough. Once she deemed her outfit presentable, Hyorin continued down the hall when she felt arms locked around her torso. 

As Hyorin began to panic she was just about to deliver a much needed kick to the intruder's nether region when they twisted their body out of the line of fire and covered a hand over . Left with no way to protect herself, Hyorin wanted very much to scream for help when her body met up with the hallway wall, "Hyorin, stop making so much noise!"

"Jay?" she mumbled as his hand slipped away, "what the hell are you doing?" 

Scoffing at what others may consider 'rude', Hyorin's question hung in the air until he cleared his throat and shrugged, "you look really nice...much different from college."

"That's been decades ago. Of course I look different." She reminded him before tapping her heel against the tile. Where was this conversation leading to anyway? Knowing him, he probably had some cheesy lines to spit out and she was just standing here allowing him the pleasure of doing so.

"It's been four years since I've seen you." Jay pointed out, "how old do you think you are to say 'decades'?"

"What is it that you want? We're standing here idly chit-chatting when we can be off minding our own business!" his body had remained pressed against hers as his arm lingered around her waist. He chuckled darkly as he hovered his lips just a few centimeters or so from the shell of her ear.

"I've missed you." He murmured sensually.

"How cute. I haven't missed you since my college years, idiot." She declared as she jerked her head in the opposite direction of him.

"But now?" what was this silly game he

Please log in to read the full chapter