Business Illiterate.

He May Not Be Him
Please log in to read the full chapter

two : three years p r i o r

"We're not liars, he really is a nice guy!" Bora groaned as she tried to regulate her breathing. After chasing her seething best friend across the campus to the dorms, she wasn't too surprised by Hyorin's abuse as she kicked open the room's door. Dasom could only stand aside as she watched the furious woman plop down on the mattress in silence, the aura surrounding her petite body speaking volumes for her instead.

"Dasom." Hyorin called as the younger one jolted up at the sound of her friend's anger-filled voice.

"Yes?

"Kyuhoon's a nice guy," she snapped while repeating the words that once was spoken to hear. "Wasn't it you who told me this lie?"

"Kyuhyun is."

"You two are such liars." Hyorin screeched as she ran her fingers through her ebony tresses. "Exactly who is he nice to? Definitely not me."

"Bora, what happened?" Dasom whispered to the eldest as Bora waved her hand in the air to signal that she'll give out the deets later.

"Don't worry about what happened, just know that he's a jackass." The victim hissed as she bolted towards the conjoined bathroom. As soon as the tap for the water and Dasom was sure Hyorin wouldn't be able to hear anything, she turned her attention to Bora who stood off to the side as she fiddled with her fingers.

"Kyuhyun pretty much dropped her on her back." Bora added in a bland tone before the other could continue on with her rant.

"How is that even possible?" 

"It was for a demonstration and well, they got coupled up. Dance class, you know how seonbae likes to partner up people and all."

"I'm sure he didn't mean to do it, he ap—please tell me he apologized."

"That would make me the liar that Hyorin is calling me if I said he did."

"You've got to be kidding me."

"He said th—" Bora started before she was rudely interrupted by Hyorin.

"He called me fat!" Hyorin croaked as she entered the room. She was in the process of pressing a wet rag against her lower back as she began to pace the room, "like who tells a woman that? He dropped me, he should have said 'omo, I'm sorry for dropping such a nice woman like you. You didn't deserve that' instead of what he did say."

"Perhaps he was having a bad day?" Dasom suggested.

"It doesn't sound like the Kyuhyun we know."

"Would you two stop making excuses for him?" she interjected as she pounded her fist against the mattress. "I'm your best friend, you should be on my side about this through and through."

"Perhaps if I introduce you two, I can see what the problem is and you two could start off on a better foot?" the youngest stammered as her idea sunk in.

"How will you introducing us make this situation any better?"

"I'm not sure but I'm hoping it can." Dasom piped up innocently as she pleaded her friend with her hands in a praying motion.

"I think you two are trying a little too hard," shaking her head, she then decided to settle down onto the old beanie bag from the girls' primary school days. "Why can't you just stop?"

"We're not trying hard at all," Bora argued as she marched over, "because we want you to get over—"

"Okay fine because you two are putting so much effort into this, Dasommie, you can introduce us again but if he's like he was...I don't think I'll be talking to you two for a while."

 

 

Hyorin busied herself with her cellular device as she waited for Dasom outside of the English literature room. The younger woman had given Hyorin a set time to be outside the classroom but she had forgotten to factor into the equation the extra ten minutes the professor liked to take explaining homework assignments and such. Growing impatient as the final minutes ticked on, Hyorin was relieved to see people finally exiting. It only took a few seconds for the two friends to spot each other and link arms, "hey eonni, I didn't know you were coming to get me."

Narrowing her eyes, Hyorin turned to gaze at the woman beside her, "you knew very well that I was co—"

"I need to go somewhere, would you mind accompanying me?"

"What, I tho—" and just like that, Hyorin was yanked past a crowd of rowdy students, a cluster of professors and group of sorority members, that she was kind of lost as to why she was standing in the center of the all fam

Please log in to read the full chapter