route no. 2

The Perks of Wanderlust

 

Ever since Baekhyun started school at the age of four, he could always remember that his mornings were never the best. He was always given an unfortunate rude awakening. Whether it be his mother taunting him with the smell of breakfast,  his father slapping him on the or his older brother, Baekbeom, blasting nineties music in his eardrums,  it was always unpleasant, to say the least. But today, strangely, his rude awakening was none of the above. In fact, it was by someone he had least expected - Park Chanyeol.

So today, for a change - good or bad, Baekhyun couldn't really tell yet - Chanyeol strolled into Baekhyun's room with such elegance and grace that Baekhyun dismissed the fact that the smile on Chanyeol's face had turned into a vicious smirk that meant only trouble. 

With his overly large frame, Chanyeol hopped onto Baekhyun with ease and bounced on top of him, crudely ignoring the fact that he was practically crushing Baekhyun's small frame. Baekhyun, on the other hand, was suffering severly underneath with little amount of oxygen traveling to his lungs. He was almost dying.

Baekhyun tried to push Chanyeol off of him, but it was no use. Chanyeol was too heavy for him to even move an inch. With his voice muffled, Baekhyun wheezed out in what he thought sounded like a threatening voice, "Chanyeol, please get off me before I crush my knee against your balls." After hearing Baekhyun's pathetic threat, Chanyeol only laughed and rolled off of him. Before Baekhyun could bark back with a sassy remark, Chanyeol eagerly exclaimed, "C'mon, Baekhyun! Grab your suitcase and bring all your belongings with you because we're going on a road trip!"

At the sudden announcement of a 'road trip', Baekhyun's eyes widen. Seconds later his face turned a light red and if possible, steam was blowing out of both his nostrils and ears. 

"I told you that I didn't need to go on a road trip!" Baekhyun shouted, pushing Chanyeol off his bed after kicking and punching him. Chanyeol landed on the hard wood floor with a loud thump. Chanyeol pouted and stood up, rubbing the back of his tailbone. 

"Your mom said it was okay. And besides, from what I clearly remember from last night at the coffee shop, you said 'maybe'". Chanyeol said in defense, turning his head the other way with his nose stuck up in the air. Baekhyun scoffed at Chanyeol's argument. "Yeah, I said 'maybe', not yes, you . And anyway, you can't make me go. You haven't even asked my parents."

Just as Chanyeol opened his mouth to respond, Baekhyun's mother and father sauntered inside his room with bright faces. "Oh, Baekhyun! Get packing!" His mother exclaimed, rushing over to pull Baekhyun up from his bed. "Chanyeol here came this morning to tell of his great plan. Naturally, we said no at first, but as Chanyeol explained himself, your mother and I have come to realize that Chanyeol is in fact right. Discovering the world can help you get over your break up with Hana and forget. Besides, it's your summer vacation. Wouldn't want you being stuck inside the house, would we?" His father grinned.

Baekhyun sighed to himself. Arguing with his parents was no use. They were always persistant and always seemed to like Chanyeol's ideas more than his own - their own son. 

Unwillingly, Baekhyun dragged his feet to place his suitcase on his bed and headed towards his closet to angrily throw random articles of clothing into his suitcase. His parents hadn't left his room yet. It was obvious that they were watching Baekhyun keenly to make sure he was not  to slip out of this trip so easily.

"Okay. That's everything." Baekhyun mumbled as he sat on his overly packed suitcase on his bed to close the zipper. Seeing that Baekhyun was having trouble, Chanyeol walked over to close the zipper with ease. When his parents were turned away, Baekhyun took the chance to twist Chanyeol's Dumbo ears with enough force to bring tears to Chanyeol's eyes. "Ouch!" Chanyeol whined under his breath, pinching the hand Baekhyun was using to twist his ear for revenge. 

At the moment Chanyeol turned to slap Baekhyun on the gut, Baekhyun's parents turned towards the two with thankful smiles. "Thank you, Chanyeol, for bringing our son out into the world to explore whatever's out there." Baekhyun's father spoke, bowing slightly. At the sight, Baekhyun mentally rolled his eyes, cursing at Chanyeol under his breath.

"Have fun!" His mother cheered. And with that, Baekhyun's parents left.

"You know that this is technically kidnapping because you're forcing me, right?" Baekhyun asked, giving Chanyeol a death glare so deadly that it could compete with Satan's. Chanyeol only laughed and gave him a hard slap on the back of his shoulder. "Well, too bad." Chanyeol mused. "What's done is done. Even your parents have agreed to it, so you're out of luck."

✖ ✖ 

Out in Las Vegas, Nevada, the sun was scorching hot. The sun was blazing and bright, bringing misery to all residents in the well known city. It was just too hot to do anything, really. But not for Han Iseul. For Han Iseul, a day spent inside the house doing nothing was a day wasted. While many others stayed inside their houses with plentiful air conditioning, Iseul thought it was a lovely day to just hang out at the poolside with her best friends - Wu Yifan, Kim Jongdae, Luhan, Kim Minseok, Zhang Yixing, Huang Zitao and Ahn Minjung.

Iseul's little group of friends were strange. Wu Yifan was a drop out college student who was always stoned. Kim Jongdae wasn't into drugs nor smoking - he was just quite the alcholic. But he was very annoying and possibly one of the biggest trolls you could ever meet. It often made Iseul wonder why she had even bothered becoming his friend in the first place. Then there was no-last-name-Luhan and Kim Minseok. They were pretty normal, but the pair were often too close for their relationship to be called 'bromance.' Zhang Yixing was just  the awkward and dumbest one out of the bunch. And finally, there was Huang Zitao and Iseul's absolute best friend from since pre-k - Ahn Minjung. Minjung and Zitao were the ually fustrated couple who would often ditch the group to do god-knows-what.

Even though Iseul's group of friends were a strange bunch, she loved them to no end and enjoyed their company, hence the reason why she spends almost all her free time with them, which brings us to today. 

"Minjung!" Iseul squealed, jumping up to hug the brunette. Minjung giggled and hugged back. Iseul pulled away, fanning her hand against her face as though it would lessen the amount of sweat trailing from her forehead down to her neck. "My god. It's so damn hot." She complained, walking over to lay down on one of the provided pool chairs.

"Tell me about it." Minjung pouted, following Iseul in suit. 

"Where are the six dopes?" Iseul asked, placing a self tanner with sunscreen all over her body. 

"I don't know. Zitao said that they would arrive shortly. He just texted me a few minutes ago, so it should be soon."

"It better be soon." Iseul scoffed. She walked over to the ledge of the pool to sit down, but she was roughly pushed in. 

Chlorine filled her lungs as she was plunged in. Very quickly, Iseul rose to the surface of the pool before she could pass out from the amount of pool water filling her lungs and nose. When she rose to the surface, she coughed violently with her eyes searching for the culprit. She heard a familiar voice snickering and laughed in between incoherant words. It was - no surprise - Jongdae. That bastard.

Angrily, Iseul swam over and lunged herself out of the pool, pointing a perfectly manicured finger in Jongdae's direction. "You !" She exclaimed, stomping her way towards him with steam blowing out of her ears. Jongdae only laughed at Iseul's appearance and looked her up and down as though he were checking her out. "Lookin' good, Iseul. How was the water temperature?" Jongdae teased.

Behind Jongdae, innocent Yixing stepped out. He shot a look of sympathy at Iseul before turning to give Jongdae a hard glare. "You shouldn't tease Iseul like that, Jongdae. She could have drowned." Yixing said in a stern voice. Jongdae scoffed. "Why should you care? Do you have a little kindergarden crush on Iseul or something?" Jongdae continued, snickering. A blush rose to the apple Yixing's cheeks. "N-no."

Iseul watched Yixing in amusement. But her attention was suddenly to Jongdae once she remembered that she needed to get back at him for almost making her drown. 

"I don't know. Why don't you go check the water temperature yourself!" Iseul shouted, pushing all her weight against Jongdae's side. When she heard a satisfying body slam against the surface of the pool, she grinned to herself in victory.

Once Jongdae reached the surface, breathing in heavily from the lack of oxygen, Iseul smirked. It was refreshing to see Jongdae suffering from the same pain she had earlier.

"That's what you get for messing with me in the morning, you ."

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

author's note:

as you can see, i have introduced iseul when i said that she would be introduced later on in the story. buuuut. i couldn't help myself. my fingers were just itching to write about her and exom. as you can see, exom aren't exactly flower boys or whatever. they're just... misfits confused with life. lol. you guys can handle this, right? lol. i'm having way too much fun writing this. oh. and i apologize for the vulgar language here. ha. so now you have an insight of what iseul is kind of like.