Chapter 6

Reborn

 

Chapter 6: Tokkie

 

Soojin watched Chansung smiling at her brother like a little kid that had just won a teddy bear at an amusement park. It made her nervous and she had the urge to warn Chansung; since she knew immediately that her brother wasn’t pleased with his answer. However, Chansung's smile faded and, for a moment, she was eager to know what the young male would do next.

Suddenly, a deep sigh was heard as Chansung stood up and gulped down the rest of his drink, looking at Soojin with a gentle smile as he placed the empty glass on the counter.

“I’m looking forward to our date. I’ll tell you when and where.” The dark haired male said with his deep voice, before he turned around and went towards the entrance. The place was crowded, but it looked like Chansung was one with the moving and dancing crowd. He elegantly moved according to the people until he reached the door, turning around once more before he stepped out into the cold night.

 

 

 


 

The male walked around in his room, looking like he waited for someone. Shortly, after a soft knock was heard, a tiny head popped inside the big and generous room.

“You called for me, brother?” The girl asked, as she stepped inside the room, slowly walking towards her younger brother, who seemed a little troubled.

“Ah, Jane. Yes, you have to help me.” The brown haired and lean male whispered towards his sister. “I can’t attend today’s dinner. Can you tell mother that I’m not feeling well?” He grabbed his sister's hand and gently tugged at it, looking at her pleadingly.

“You want to meet with that man again, am I right?” The young woman asked, her eyes roamed her brother’s face, as the concern could be seen in her dark eyes.

“Yes, he wants to talk to me about something.”

“Sebastian, are you sure that it’s something important? You know that father doesn’t like that stranger…” Jane tried to convince her brother, but Sebastian just shook his head furiously.

“He isn’t a stranger to me, he is a friend.” The young male argued.

“Just a friend, are you sure? I have the feeling that there is more behind his actions…” Jane countered, but Sebastian was already preparing to leave.

 

 

A few minutes later, the male with the gentle features was on its way to meet his friend, an exotic looking male with soft brown eyes and a gentle smile. His mind was drifting off as he remembered the time he had first met Nicholas. A sudden and threatening growl made Sebastian look up; his eyes roamed the dark road and bushed around him. Suddenly, two yellow eyes stared directly back at him. A shudder ran down his spine as he tried to soothe his horse that was slowly moving back.

“Shhh, Gulan. It’s nothing to worry about…” He didn’t come further as the dark shadow jumped forward, throwing the young man’s body onto the ground. The last thing the young male felt wasn’t fear. It was guilt and the sharp teeth of a wolf torturing his young body. He felt blood running down his neck.

His father had taught him to fight till the end, but somehow the male stayed still, shocked about what was just happening; waiting for Death to come and take him. His heart slowed down, but suddenly the wolf started yowling in pain as he collapsed above Sebastian. Confusion was the last emotion that made its way through Sebatian's body, before his heart stopped beating and his body breathing.

 

 


 

Soojin bolted up, her breathing was hasty and her eyes roamed her bedroom in shock. That dream was horrible. What surprised her was that she hadn’t woken up after the guy named Sebastian died. No, the dream went on.

 

 


 

Jane was pacing around her younger brother's room. She knew that Sebastian was old enough to make his own decisions but still, he was her little brother and she had the feeling that something bad would happen this night. It had been around one week since she herself felt kind of… weird? She couldn’t explain the feeling and she tried to hide her thoughts and fears from her brother. It was like she could feel a person’s character. And one thing was for sure; somehow, that Nicholas had a dark and misty aura.

It had been around 15 minutes since Sebastian had left and Jane let out one last deep breath as she left the room to meet her parents for dinner.

Suddenly, a sharp pain shot through her body. Her neck started burning and hurting like hell. Jane sunk to her knees, right in front of the staircase that leaded to the dinning saloon. Instinctively, the woman grabbed her neck, checking if there was blood, but nothing could be seen. Her breathing got heavier and slower and, for a short moment, she felt confusion building up inside her. Seconds later, the woman’s weak body slowly leaned forward, her breathing only a whisper and her eyes wide open, like she had just seen Death in person. Just then, her heart stopped beating.

 

 


 

Soojin kept sitting in her bed, still trying to understand the dream that she had just had. It was confusing, but at the same time it felt real, like she had experienced something similar to that dream. As her breathing calmed down and her nervousness was gone she stood up, preparing for a new day.

Humming the same tune like always in the morning, she walked towards her wardrobe, pulling out a white oversized pullover and combining it with skinny jeans. Soojin, then, made her way towards her bathroom, combing her long and messy hair until it was shiny again. Looking into the mirror, Sebastian's face came to her mind. Now that she thought about, it he kind of had a feminine face, oddly looking like her. Her eyes looked back at her, blank and surprised at the same time. There was also the fact that Jane had kind of resembled Junho. A laugh escaped as she realised how funny that thought was.

“It was just a weird dream Soo, no need to think crazy things, like Junho being a pretty girl.” Soojin still laughed as she entered her kitchen, making her way towards her fridge, while turning on the radio right next to her coffee machine. Still humming, she opened the fridge, only to find it empty again. A sigh escaped as she remembered that it had been 3 days since she went shopping. It was the day after she had met that Chansung guy for the first time. As she remembered him, worries popped up inside her. It’s been 4 days since they met each other for the first time, but, 'till now, he hadn’t come to the bar, nor tried to contact her in any other way. Frowning and slamming the fridge door angrily, she tried to soothe her antics, as she told herself that she wasn’t interested in him and what he was doing.

 

 

- The police found the dead body of Kim Joonsoo this morning in the Han river. However, nobody knows how he died yet. The 30 year old serial killer had made Yoo Youngchul his role model. He had also killed his victims like the known serial killer, who died in 2005. Rumors say that Joonsoo has been murdered. However, the police denies that he was murdered and promised to inform the civilians as soon as they find out how the serial killer - that had been searched for the past half year – really died. –

 

 

Soojin stopped hitting her coffee machine, raising her head as she heard the news. A scoff escaped her lips as she heard what had happened.

“They deny that he was murdered? Well, he killed 10 women, just because he felt like it. I would be happy if he was murdered himself…” the young woman mumbled, while continuing to hit her coffee machine.

“And this damn machine doesn’t work at all! It’s time to buy a new one…” Soojin huffed angrily, as she made her way towards the closet where her shoes were located.

A quick look on her phone told her that she had plenty of time until she had to head to work.

“Time for shopping!” The woman cheered, as she grabbed her purse and left the apartment with high spirits.

 

 

 

“I hate shopping…” Soojin mumbled as she went past the well visited cloth shops near her apartment. She wobbled on her feet as she tried to hold her balance. There were 2 bags full with food, 4 bags full with clothes, one big bag with her new coffee machine and of course her handbag. Letting out a tired sigh, she went towards the street, placed down her many bags and tried to call a taxi. Originally, the young woman had planned not to call one, since it would cost extra money and she was near her home anyway. But, on the other hand, she hadn’t planned to buy that many clothes. A sigh escaped her lips again as a taxi drove past her. Annoyed, she slightly turned to the side; about to lift up her bags again as, suddenly, a shadow ran past her.

Soojin's head snapped up in surprise as she saw a man running away, her handbag in his arms. The woman gasped surprised and started screaming at the same time.

“Stop him! Thief! He has my handbag!” Soojin screamed, about to run after him but, unfortunately, she stumbled over her bags that were spread around her feet.

Falling down, she hissed in pain, as her knees made contact with the cold pavement.

As she slowly raised her head again, she saw people staring at a person a few meters away from her. As the woman looked closer she realised that someone had caught the thief. Sitting up in surprise, she looked at the nearing person. The supposed thief was struggling to get free from the tall male's grip but failed miserably as the grip of the other was too strong for him. Soojins eyes widened when she recognized the smiling man in front of her.

“I would like to lend you my hand to help you up, but I guess you would hit me if I let this criminal here run away again.” Chansung said happily, obviously in a good mood.

“You… I… he… hey…” Soojin said, her eyes still on Chansung. He looked different, more energetic and… human? Last time she had seen him he was kind of pale which made his dark hair and dark eyes stand out even more. Now, his face had a natural brown tone and his eyes weren’t that dark anymore, which made him seem more… friendly.

A deep chuckle escaped the male’s mouth as he waited for Soojin to stand up on her own. As soon as the woman stood again, he handed back her handbag.

“I guess this belongs to you.” Chansung said, smiling warmly at the still confused woman in front of him.

“T-Thank you.” The woman retorted, smiling softly and bowing deeply; happy that Chansung had saved her belongings.

“L-Let me go! She has her bag back!” The male in Chan's arms said harshly, still strugling to get free. Chansung, however, pressed him even tighter against his body, making the other hiss in pain.

“Shut up. The police is on its way. I don’t care if she has her bag back; I want you to get a penalty for what you’ve done to my girl.” Chansung said in a monotone voice, startling not only Soojin, but also the thief.

“Y-Your girl? Excuse me?” Soojin said, looking around to find a mean counter attack but couldn’t find one. With an annoyed sigh she let the topic slip, thinking that it wouldn’t change anything. At least, he had saved her handbag.

“When is the police arriving?” The club owner asked the tall male. Chansung just smiled and pointed towards a police car that was just parking a few meters away from them.

 

 

 

15 minutes later Chansung and Soojin bowed towards the officers and turned around, happy to finally leave. The thief would get his punishment and the police even thanked Chansung for handing over the man.

“Were you shopping? Seems like your hunt was successful.” He softly smiled, as he watched Soojin struggling to lift her many bags. “Come on, let me help you.” He said, not even waiting for an answer as he grabbed the bags and walked away. Soojin watched him walking before her, amazed that he had no problem lifting the heavy bags. Chansung looked like a statue that had come to life, looking elegant while carrying her bags. The girl snapped out of her thoughts as Chansung turned and smiled at her.

“Y-You don’t need to carry them… I can handle it myself.” Soojin said as she hurriedly followed Chansung.

“Oh, I’m sure you can.” He answered, smiling but continuing his pace. The woman stared at him and finally sighed, deciding that it was no use. She knew he insisted on carrying her bags and fighting against him was impossible. The best sample had been the thief. Soojin knew she would lose anyway.

“I know you don’t want me to carry your bags, but I like doing it. So thanks for not rebelling against my wish.” Chansung said, looking at Soojin with bright eyes.

“It’s not that I like it, I just know when to give in… Are you going to carry them to my apartment?” Soojin asked, realising that she had been on her way home.

Chansung nodded, starring ahead and smiling as he saw a little stand near them.

“Look, that woman is selling bunnies.” He said, a happy tone swinging in his voice as he pointed towards the stand he had just seen.

Soojin followed his hand motion and realised with shock that he was right.

“Ah… cool. Okay, my apartment is that way.” She said, but realised that Chansung was already walking towards the little stand.

Annyonghaseyo, ahjuma!” Chansung greeted in a happy mood as he slightly bowed over the baby bunnies to look at them closely.

“Hello.” The woman greeted back, slightly bowing towards Chansung. “They are cute, aren’t they?” The older woman asked, earning an eager nod from Chansung.

“Are you selling them?”

“Yeah, there are so many and I thought that it would be best to look for a new home for them.” The woman answered, looking past Chansung. “Is that your girlfriend standing there?”

“Huh?” Chansung turned to see whom the lady was talking about and noticed Soojin standing where he left her, a few meters away from the stand. He asked himself why she hadn’t followed him, but smiled as he realised what the lady had asked him.

“Yeah, she is my girlfriend.” Chansung answered, smiling cheekily towards Soojin as he motioned her to come closer. After a few seconds, the young woman slowly, but skeptically, came closer.

“What’s wrong with you?” Chan asked as she stood next to him, slightly hiding behind his shoulder. It looked as though she was… afraid?

“Yah, Soojin… are you afraid of those cute little bunnies?” Chansung asked in disbelief, as two big eyes stared up at him.

“I-It’s not that I’m afraid… it’s more that I don’t want to hurt them…” Soojin whispered, looking back at the little furry creatures. A loud laugh escaped Chansung's lips. He didn’t want to seem rude, but Soojin was just different in all the ways he could think of. Which girl would be afraid of bunnies?

Still chuckling, he placed the girl’s bags next to the stand and kneeled down. “Can I take one? She is afraid of them and I want to show her that there is nothing to be afraid of.” Chansung politely asked the old woman, who was smiling at him adoringly.

“Sure!”

With careful hands, Chansung lifted a really tiny bunny. Its fur was white like the snow, it seemed to be the tiniest from all of them and somehow the giant already took a shine to the little fur-ball in his hands.

“Look, there is nothing to be afraid of.” He gently said, pulling Soojin closer as he realised she was moving away from him. His grip tightened around her waist when he felt her still stepping back.

“It won’t bite you! Just stay still.” He chuckled, while pressing the young woman against his chest.

“I-I’m not afraid of that… it’s just… it’s so tiny… I don’t want to hurt the bunny…” Soojin mumbled, staring at the animal in Chansung's hand as if it was the most fragile thing in the world. Chansung softly smiled at her and let go of her waist to grab her hand and drag it towards the soft fur of the animal. Soojin's eyes widened when she felt the fur beneath her fingers. She was still hesitant, but Chansung noticed that she was slowly opening up to the cute animal in his hands.

“I’m pretty sure you won’t hurt the bunny.” He said, watching Soojin as the girl started eagerly the animal.

“Such a cute couple…” The woman suddenly announced. Chansung's head snapped towards the lady and saw a broad smile on her wrinkled face.

What surprised him more was that Soojin didn’t correct the lady, apparently she was too busy the bunny.

A bell-like laugh was heard and Chansung looked back at Soojin. His heart would’ve stopped at this moment.

Soojin was smiling from ear to ear, gently lifting the bunny from his hands, looking adoringly at it. It was like he was in front of an angel. The male was pretty sure that this laugh had been the most angel-like and prettiest he had ever heard. It went right through him, warming him from the inside.

“You cute little thing. You can’t my finger like that, that’s gross. Just imagine what I’ve already touched today.”Soojin started talking to the tiny animal in her arms, like it could understand her.

An adoring smile made its way onto Chansung's face. Soojin slowly raised her head and noticed Chansung, smiling weirdly at her.

“W-What? Why are you smiling like that?” She asked, looking at him confused.

“Noting, I just realised that you are particularly beautiful today.” He said, smiling even more as he saw the light flush on Soojin’s cheeks.

“You are lucky young man, she is indeed beautiful.” The woman replied. “But who am I saying that. A kind guy like you needs a beautiful girl on his side. I’ll give you the bunny for free. I know that both of you’ll take care of it.” The woman announced, handing Chansung a box to carry the bunny. At first, he looked perplexed, but as he slipped into the woman’s brain, he thanked her and deeply bowed down.

The woman just wanted the best for her bunnies. It seemed like she had realised that he and Soojin would take good care of it, and so she gave it to them for free.

 

 

“Here, place it in here.” Chansung said; handing Soojin the box he had just received.

“HAVE YOU BOUGHT HIM?” Soojin squeaked.

“No, the lady gave it to you as a gift.” Chan answered, gently placing the bunny inside the box.

“B-But I have no cage or anything similar to that…” Soojin said, looking panicked.

“I’ll take him with me and take care of it 'till you find a cage. Oh, by the way; why is it a boy?” The male asked, curious why Soojin knew it.

“Let’s just pretend he is… I’ll call him tokkie!” She announced, earning a laugh from Chansung.

“What?! You don’t like the name?”

“No, it’s just that I realised you are not the most creative person in the world.” He as he received a punch while lifting up the bags.

 

 

 

 


 

 

A/N:

Oh my...that chapter turned out so random Ö_Ö

Sorry for the wait...I'm apologizing sincerely. YOu've waited long and then I come with such a...weak update T__T

Sorry *sigh*

I tried to add in some action with the dream and the serial killer thing. By the way, Yoo Youngchul was really a serial killer in Korea that had been executed in 2005. If you are interested just type in his name in google...it's really brutal what he has done ._.

Kim Joonsoo on the other hand is just a name I thought of ^^"

I also added in a little fluff? Well, I do think bunnies are fluffy *hahahaha~

Since my other fanfic is now finished, I hope I get more time to write on 'Reborn' and 'Boy Toy'. :]

Thanks for staying and subscribing n commenting. You guys are the best! *hugs all of you*

 

PS.: I have no idea what's wrong with the distances of this chapter...I already tried to fix it but somehoew it won't work T___T Sorry for that!

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

A little announcement: If there is someone interested at beta reading this story, please inform me. I'm in need of a person that is willing to correct my mistakes since I want to improve on this story and make it readable ^^

I would be also gratefull for any 'infos' on where to get a proof reader. So if there is someone who knows a person or a shop...please tell me~ ^-^

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Please excuse my poor grammar and mistakes I made ._.

I appreciate each subscriber and comment I get! So don't hesitate to tell me your thought to this story in the comment section :D

Lots of love, Banana_Dreams ♥