Chapter 5

Reborn

 

Chapter 5: Let's Bet!

 

 

Soojin was staring at his lips, waiting for a reply. With determination, she pushed back the feeling of knowing the man in front of her. It was simply impossible to know him; she would definitely remember a man like that. The stranger’s lips curled into a soft smile. Without noticing it; the woman followed the movement of his lips, admiring them. However, as Soojin realised what she was doing she lowered her gaze, only to look up again as she heard a dark voice.

“I would like to drink a glass of lemonade.” The pleasant voice said. This was an answer that surprised Soojin more than anything else. With wide eyes she scanned the stranger in front of her. It wasn’t plausible; he just ordered a non-alcoholic drink in a bar/disco, with his looks. What was wrong with him? She looked at him questioningly, all the awkwardness was gone.

“I’ll start with the stronger shots later. I prefer talking to a girl in a sober mind.” That was the simple answer Soojin got. With a perplexed nod, she turned around to get a glass for the man. Chansung seemed to notice the girl's frown as he was eagerly thinking of a topic to start a conversation. With a smile, he received his drink and as Soojin was about to turn around again, he asked her a question that suddenly came into his mind.

“Why were you so surprised to hear that I wanted a non-alcoholic drink and not a beer or a shot?” the male asked, sipping from his drink.

“Uhm… maybe because you seem like a player…” Was her response. Normally, people seemed hesitant to say such an open answer; but Soojin seemed calm and confident in answering his question. He chuckled slightly, amused about her interesting answer.

“So, I look like a player to you? That’s nothing new to hear but, why do you judge people by their appearance? That’s not nice.” Chansung teased back, guessing that he would get an honest answer from the girl in front of him.

“Yeah, you do. I mean, you are handsome; so it would be natural if girls were after you. I also know that I’m too fast in judging people, but when you own a bar there is no other way. You have to make decisions based on the visitor’s appearance.” Soojin answered calmly, but she seemed only like this on the outside. Mentally, she was scolding herself for calling him handsome.

“You think I’m handsome? Well, you are pretty yourself, yet you aren’t a player, or are you?” Chansung didn’t bother to ask more about her judging, but decided to go for the other part of the conversation, the part that caught his attention.

“Uhm, you are handsome, but I didn't said that I thought you were. I’m just pointing out the obvious. Many would think you are handsome.”

“Ok, now I’m confused. So you tell me I am handsome, but you don’t like my looks?” Chansung asked, looking at Soojin with slightly closed eyes. He wasn’t used to not knowing what the other person was thinking and it kind of bothered him that he had no clue what the girl was thinking right now.

“Well, let’s just say you are handsome.” Soojin answered, leaning against the counter while smirking at Chansung. He returned the smile, liking the temper the girl had.

‘WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? He is tall, handsome, has a well built body, dark eyes and dark hair? He is exactly everything you want in a guy!’ Soojin's mind was screaming, her heart beating and her brain racing like crazy. The girl knew that she seemed calm and strong on the outside, but on the inside she was a wreck. She hated to show her weak side. Soojin thought that showing a guy how much you liked him was the biggest mistake you could make. She had always been like that; trying to maintain a certain distance between her and other people. Only a few persons were allowed to enter her heart.

“What’s your name?” Chansung asked, waking Soojin from her daydream. Her eyes focused again and she looked at the stranger in front of her.

‘Tell him, tell him! I bet your name sounds good when he says it!’ her mind shouted, trying to seduce her.

“Who wants to know that?” she asked back, earning a laugh from the man.

“You can call me Chansung, nice to meet you.” The amused male said in his dark voice, sounding even more dashing than before. “And you are?”

“The person that owns this place.” Soojin answered back, surprising herself about her cool remark.

“I know that. So you aren’t going to tell me your name?” Soojin shook her head at his question. However, she was somehow still hoping that he would keep trying. And luckily he did.

“You know, I’m really good at guessing other people’s names.” Chansung said with a playful smirk on his face.

“I don’t think you can guess a person’s name when you just met her…” Soojin remarked sarcastically.

“Are you sure? Let’s bet!” Chan's smirk grew bigger and, at that moment, Soojin knew that she would lose, but her ego wanted to win so badly.

“Sure. What do I get if I win?”

“I don’t know, what do you want?” Chansung asked back, anticipating her answer, since he had no idea what she would like to get from him if he would lose. On the other hand, the immortal knew that he wouldn’t lose to the girl, making his plan even better.

“You have to do something really embarrassing or… help me behind the counter anytime I need you here.” That was the answer he got? It didn’t surprise him that she needed people behind the counter. The bar was now full and people were still coming in, making it nearly impossible to move.

“Ok, I agree. And if I win, you have to go on a date with me.” He smiled sweetly at her, enjoying her surprised face.

“O-On a date with… you?”

“Why? Am I not suitable to be your date?” Chan asked, acting as if he was offended by her words.

‘Hell yeah, you are too handsome for a tomboyish girl like me!’ Soojin's mind screamed, but her brain built a different sentence.

“I’m not usually the girl that goes on dates. Besides; I’m not interested in a man at the moment.” She mumbled, making her seem cute; even if Chan was sure that that wasn’t her attempt.

“Well, but I’m interested in you. Come on, don’t be a coward.” Chansung encouraged her. With a deep breath, Soojin took his hand and shook it. He wouldn’t be able to guess her name, would he? No, that was impossible. The only way he could guess it right was if he cheated. Soojin shot a quick glance at her friends, who were sitting on a table near the counter, but apparently they were deep in a conversation. And it didn’t seem like they knew the man in front of her, so they wouldn’t have been able to tell Chansung her name.

‘Good, the victory is mine…’ With a sigh the brown haired woman shifted her gaze towards Chansung who was looking at her with and intense stare. Soojin backed a little bit away feeling uncomfortable, since she felt like he was looking through her.

“Hmmm… I think your name is… Soojin?” Chansung asked, smirking as the girl’s poker face fell. He knew that she was struggling with herself to put it on again, but she failed miserably. With a surprised look, she eyed Chansung.

“W-Why do you know my name?” She asked, but Chan was sure that the question wasn’t meant for him. He leaned his head on his right hand, blinking like a cute kid.

Like magic, Soojin's poker face re its usual place.

“You are cheating!” She said, pointing at Chansung; her brows furrowed. Chan wasn’t sure if she was thinking about the whole incident or if she was angry. He sighed deeply and sat up again, looking at her straight in the eyes.

“No, I’m not. You are just a bad loser…” Chansung said, slightly turning around to hide his smile. Even if he didn’t know Soojin for long, he somehow guessed that she had a temper.

“I’m not!” ...was the only response he got. He nuzzled his nose, happy that he was right about her temper.

“I-I just don’t believe in things like that. Proove it to me.” The girl demanded, crossing her arms over her chest, while eyeing Chansung suspiciously.

“Ok, choose a person and I’ll tell you his/her name.” Chansung calmly replied. Soojin snorted sarcastically, but instantly started to search for a person in the crowd.

Her gaze landed on a young woman in the corner of the bar, dancing happily with some friends of her. With a smirk she pointed towards her, signaling Chansung that she had found a victim.

Chan on the other hand turned around in his seat, slipped in the girl’s thoughts and turned around smirking like he had won the lottery.

“Her name is Kyunhee. She was born in America and grew up there. She moved here a few years ago. Oh, and her nickname is Kyu…” Chan trailed off as he saw the confusion in Soojin's eyes.

“If you don’t believe my words go and check on her.” He said, leaning back; a little bit hurt that Soojin didn’t trust him at all. But who cared, she just knew him for an hour.

Soojin stared at Chansung, squinting her eyes. She, then, placed the apron on the counter and went towards the dancing girls.

“H-Hey, sorry to disturb you, may I know your name?” The owner of the bar asked the girl with a sweet smile on her face. The girl, however, backed away and eyed her.

“Uhm, sorry, I don’t go that way, unnie.” Shocked about the other woman’s answer, Soojin’s mouth dropped, looking at her as if her brain had went on a holiday.

“N-No, don’t get me wrong… I… uhm… I...” Soojin was thinking about how to explain her situation to the young woman.

“May I know your name?” Chansung butted in. Apparently, he had noticed that Soojin was struggling to get an answer and came to get his prize. He knew he was right about the woman’s name. It was the perfect plan, a chess game he couldn’t lose.

“K-Kyumin… but you can call me Kyu if you want.” The young female answered immediately, staring at Chansung as if he was the tastiest thing she had ever seen.

Soojin couldn’t take a miss, Chanung was really an eye-candy. Just then, she realised what the woman had said. As if pricked by a tarantula, Soojin turned towards Kyumin, shocked that Chansung had really guessed her name right.

 

 

“Can I have a glass of beer?” Chan asked as soon as he and Soojin reached the counter again.

“Huh? Are you now starting with the strong drinks?” Soojin asked, looking at him gloomily. She was indeed a bad loser.

“Are you angry because I won?” Chansung asked amused.

“No, I’m angry because I have no idea how you cheated.” Soojin said, placing a glass of beer in front of the male. Chan laughed heartedly and pointed at her.

“I would never cheat on a woman like you. So what movie do you want to watch?” Chan asked, slightly leaning onto the counter.

“Movie? Ah, yeah. I forgot… I lost the bet.” Soojin grumbled, putting on her apron again. Chansung smiled sweetly, already liking the character of Soojin.

Suddenly an arm wrapped around the young woman’s waist. As the female looked up, she saw her brother standing there, a cold look on his usual nice and charming features.

“Who are you?” The red haired male asked in a dark voice. Soojin’s stared at her brother in awe. A picture crossed her mind where a little and cute Chihuahua barked at a big and bulky Doberman. Well, a Chihuahua with red hair?

Chansung, on the other hand, smiled at the newcomer, standing up and bowing in front of the ‘unknown’ male.

“Hello, my name is Chansung. It’s nice to meet you, Lee Junho.” He said brightly. Chansung's smile grew even bigger as he saw the surprised look on his counterpart’s face. But the cold stare of the slightly smaller male returned quite fast and Chan sat back down, curious of what the other's reaction would be.

“I’m not sure if it’s a pleasure for me to meet you. What do you want from my sister?” The male asked the stranger and Chan was surprised that Junho hadn’t asked why he knew his name. The immortal was impressed by the sibling’s personalities and kind of liked the game they were playing. It was thrilling for him to not know what would happen next. It was like finally being able to live again. Usually, the dark haired male knew exactly what the others would answer, like he would talk to himself. However, now he just had to wait and act along, which amused him.

“Well, we played a little game and she lost.” Earning Chansung a snort from Soojin, who was about to remove her brother's arm.

“A game? What was the prize?” Junho asked alarmed, somehow guessing that he wouldn’t like the answer.

“A date.” Chan said leaning back, while looking at Junho innocently. The red haired male’s fists clenched. Sure, he was a protective brother, but he would never tell his sister who she was allowed to go out with or who she should avoid. But this male in front of him pushed all of his alarm buttons. He felt like a prey, sensing the menace that Chansung guy was giving off. His eyes narrowed and his usually full lips went thin. He couldn’t name it, but he had the bad feeling that the male wasn’t good for his little sister.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

A/N:

*bows deeply*

I feel really bad for taking so long...

I'm not going to say sorry and tell you the whole story why I couldn't update this story till now~ Let's just say I was busy ^^"

I'm really sorry *bows and bows and bows and bows*

Since one of my current fanfics will end in the next chapter, I hope I can pull off the next chapter sooner~ DOn't worry guys, I'm still alive and loving to write on this fanfic of mine ^^ It's my baby after all *hahaha~

I'm really gratefull that you stayed at my (and the fanfics) side ^-^

I know this chapter isn't long and I apologize for that as well. I wanted to add something... casual? ö.ö

Well, the characters need to get to know each other, or? xP

 

Anyway, thanks for staying and still sticking with me~<3

 

 

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

A little announcement: If there is someone interested at beta reading this story, please inform me. I'm in need of a person that is willing to correct my mistakes since I want to improve on this story and make it readable ^^

I would be also gratefull for any 'infos' on where to get a proof reader. So if there is someone who knows a person or a shop...please tell me~ ^-^

 

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Please excuse my poor grammar and mistakes I made ._.

I appreciate each subscriber and comment I get! So don't hesitate to tell me your thought to this story in the comment section :D

Lots of love, Banana_Dreams ♥