Chapter 2

Reborn

 

Chapter 2: Dream Or Reality?

 

 

The girl ran through a deep forest, a bright shine of torches directly behind her. Her breath was hitched and her gaze more than frightened. Even if she ran; she had no idea why. The white snow was cold beneath her bare feet, but she didn’t care. All that counted was that she had to find her brother. Even if she knew that he couldn’t help her; she still hoped to get to see him one last time. The woman, then, turned around again, trying to guess how far the mutiny was.

A glint of relief could be seen on her face as she neared the end of the forest. With fast steps she exited the spooky forest and horridly ran onto the open field. The rustling of grass could be heard and she looked around; trying to find the source of the noise. Suddenly, the girl heard a familiar voice calling her name. A deep and raspy voice that caused shivers to run down her spine. A voice she had heard in her dreams the past few weeks; the mere sound of it made her heart flutter. The young woman stopped in her tracks and turned towards the stranger, he wore a black coat; looking like the death himself. His face couldn’t be seen, but his voice was enough to guess that he was handsome.

“Hanah…” he called her. A smile appeared on her exhausted face as she heard her name. The graceful girl wanted to extend her hand when a sharp pain suddenly shot through her body. It was something she never felt before; as if she was pulled into darkness. Her knees got weaker and she slumped to the ground. Perplexed, the blond woman looked down, only to find an arrow that went directly through her young heart. The stranger hurried to her side, catching her before her whole body could make contact with the ground. The high ranked girl lifter her head, curious of how the male that held her looked like. It was too dark to see something; but the moon shone it's beautiful light and, before her eyes closed, she caught a glimpse of his dark brown eyes. Her breathing was getting slower, as well as her heartbeat. He softly lied her down, marking the pure white snow with her red blood.

‘Why?’ was the last thought that crossed the girls mind. Her eyes still closed, as she took her final breath.

“No!” his screams tore the peaceful night; he had just lost the most precious thing in the world.

 

 

 

With a jolt, Soojin awoke from her sleep. Her chest heaved with each deep and hasty breath she took. It was not the first time that she had this kind of a dream, but it was the first time that she got killed in it. The panting girl tried hard to regulate her breath and, after a few seconds, her racing heartbeat got calmer.

Lately, the young woman had these unusual dreams. Normally, she dreamed of different centuries where she always looked different. Somehow, she enjoyed those dreams; they warmed her heart, but she had no idea why. She felt a bond between those weird dreams and her real life.  However, this dream was different; it was her first time to see that stranger. Though she hadn’t seen his face, she had the feeling that his whole body and aura had screamed her name; as if he was one with her.

“It’s a pity that I haven’t seen his face,” she mumbled, trying to remember how he looked like; unsuccessfully.  Soojin let out a deep sigh and pulled her blankets away, getting up to prepare for work. She stilled as she stood up, closed her eyes and tried to take in every noise she heard. Nothing; it was completely quiet around her. Only the cars and street noise from outside touched her ear, but those were not the sounds she wanted to hear.

“Living alone is boring.” With this sentence she opened her eyes again to look for a suitable outfit to wear for work. She hummed a melody she had heard somewhere, while pulling out thigh fitting black jeans, together with a simple dark tank top. Despite her girly appearance and her cute face, she was more the boyish kind of girl. Of course there were pieces of clothes in her wardrobe that showed off her female attributes, but she would never wear those for work.

As soon as she had finished changing, she went into the bathroom to comb her hair, put on light make up and brush her teeth. Then, she checked her mirror image one last time, before going to prepare dinner.

“I should go grocery shopping tomorrow,” she said, making a mental note to herself. Her light brown eyes roamed over the ingredients in her fridge. With an annoyed sigh she closed the fridge without getting something out; well, there was nothing to eat in it anyway. Soojin, then, decided to just go with a hot cup of coffee; she was sure she needed one. The dream still bothered her and she was somehow still feeling tired, concluding that the dream was at fault for her bad sleep. The tired girl tilted her head slightly to check the clock that was hanging in her kitchen; while waiting for the coffee to finish. She was surprised that it was already this late; she had to hurry or she would be late for work. Tapping from one foot to the other she impatiently waited for her coffee.

“I definitely need a new coffee machine; this one is too slow!” she grunted in annoyance; deciding it would take too long to wait for the hot liquid. With fast steps she walked towards the door, took her coat and her keys and left her apartment in a hurry.

 

 

 

A puff escaped her lips as she stepped outside the building and into the chilly summer night. Despite the warm season, it was cold outside; she looked around a few seconds before she closed her coat and walked as fast as she could towards her destination. A tingling sensation shook her whole body. Something roamed her body; feather like touches. She was definitely not paranoid, but the girl had the feeling that someone, or rather something was watching her. Soojin slightly turned around to look at the sidewalk behind her, but there was nothing.

“Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it isn’t there…” she told herself, getting scared thanks to her own thought. The darkness outside didn’t help either.

As soon as the girl turned around again she quickened her steps; a dark shadow uncoupled from the dark alley. The shadow, then, followed the girl in front of him; keeping a safety distance.

The clueless girl stopped in her tracks, trying to hear suspicious footsteps behind her. But all she could hear was the traffic noise on the street and soft voices from the passants. Feeling a cold shudder running down her spine she turned around again; only to find an empty sidewalk behind her. A frown built up on her pretty face and she couldn’t supress the feeling that someone was following her.

‘Why does this scene resemble my dream?’ she thought scared, continuing to walk towards her workplace.

A milky white hand reached forward, trying to grab the fast walking girl. A smirk formed on his handsome face as he was just inches away to catch her. This was his revenge. With a raspy voice he called her name. “Lee Soojin…” And with that his hand fell onto her delicate shoulder, grabbing her hard and turning her around.

Fear was written all over her face, slightly open; ready to scream for help while her whole body shook in fear.

“Soo… it’s just me,” a familiar voice said. He calmingly rubbed over her back, while he pulled her tiny body in a hug.

“J-Junho?” she asked in a thin voice; still trying to calm her beating heart.

“Yeah, sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you this much. Shhh… I’m sorry,” the male muttered against her forehead before kissing her softly. He didn’t intend to scare his little sister like that; he felt guilty for scaring her like this.

“Y-Yah! Don’t dare t-to do this again…” the brown haired woman mumbled against his neck, hugging him tightly.

“Sorry…”

 

 

 

The door creaked open as Soojin entered the club, together with her older brother, Junho.

“Good evening. Yah, unnie, what took you so long?” A cheerful Minyoung asked; coming around the counter to greet her friend.

“Min, I’m sorry. I overslept,” Soojin told her co-worker.

“Don’t worry,” the black haired woman assured her, “but why do you look so pale?” Min’s gaze automatically went to Junho, who stood next to the counter, looking guilty.

“I-I scared her…” he mumbled, letting his head sink in embarrassment.

“YOU DID WHAT?” screamed a furious Jokwon that just entered the club.

Soojin giggled as she saw the male's shocked face. Jokwon and Junho are old school mates and good friends; he was like a second older brother for her.

“Calm down, Jokwon. He just wanted his revenge,” the girl told him.

“For the prank you played on him last week?” he asked, turning his head towards his friend. “You act like a spoiled brat, Lee Junho!” he screamed; hitting the red haired man’s shoulder.

“Ouch! That hurt!”

“Serves you right…” Jokwon mumbled, getting ready for work.

“Come on guys, stop fighting. We need to prepare the drinks, since it’s already late and the guests are coming soon.” Soojin commanded in a strict voice.

 

 

 


 

A/N: Oh my~ Thanks for patiently waiting ^-^

I hope this chapter is interesting... I somehow had a hard time writing it... I corrected it really often but I'm still not really happy with the outcome. I figured it would be best to post it since you guys are waiting and I was about to delete the whole chapter >.>

Anyway, I hope it's ok >.<

I'm back from my vacation and this week was harder than I thought it would be for me. I was eager to write again and I'm happy that I can do so now :D

The ideas for this story are flooding my mind and I have to try not to overheat my brain with it *kekeke~

I know the chapters are short...but well, I go with the flow as told. I hope that's ok with you guys ^-^

Please excuse my poor grammar and mistakes I made...

Last but not least; I appreciate each subscriber and comment I get! So don't hesitate to tell me your thought to this story in the comment section :D

Lots of love, Banana_Dreams ♥