Chapter 4

Reborn

 

Chapter 4: End of Travel

 

 

Chansung looked through the small apartment, checking if everything he needed worked and was available. The black haired and anxious woman, which was here with him to sell the apartment, watched him; following his every move. The lady tried to hold an emotionless face, but this was something that didn’t work on a mind reading immortal. Chansung knew that she was anxious and nervous, he could feel it and he could hear it. It was as if the female screamed at Chansung; her thoughts were loud and confusing. Chansung would have liked to scream back and tell her that she should finally leave the room in order to prevent him from a headache. But, if he would do that, she would realise that he could read her thoughts. This would end badly, she could try to kill him or - what people normally do - ask him if he could change her. The tall male shook his head annoyed about the fact that he couldn’t do anything against her thoughts.

“I-is there something wrong, sir?” the woman suddenly asked, her voice thin as she saw that Chansung shook his head. Chan wondered if the girl was afraid of something. He would like to read her mind, but, currently, she was to nervous and confused; her thoughts wouldn’t make sense to him. He decided to let it be.

“No, everything is fine. I was just lost in my thoughts,” he reassured her and continued his tour through the apartment. As he passed the kitchen, he decided to take a look, he didn’t want her to get suspicious. Human’s normally notice the slightest ‘abnormal’ behaviour, though  theonly realise it in their subconscious.

“The apartment may be small, but it has everything I need. I also think that the bill I have to pay is minimal. I’ll take the apartment,” the black haired man told the, now totally shocked, woman. For a slight moment, he wondered why, until a loud thought of her crossed his brain. The woman was afraid that something might happen to him.

“A-are you sure? I mean, the neighbourhood is really bad here. It’s dangerous to live here,” the girl told him, trying to prevent him from moving in.

“Didn’t you say that your brother lived here? Is this the reason why he moved out?” Chansung asked, despite him already knowing the answer.

“Yeah, there was a murder a few weeks ago. This was the reason why he decided to leave. I feel bad for selling this apartment…” her voice broke and her eyes narrowed.

“I see. Nevertheless; I’ll take the apartment. I’m a grown man, I can protect myself. You don’t have to worry about me,” the smiling man comforted her. Her thoughts were clear now; he assumed that it was her nervousness and her bad conscience that had bothered her and messed up her brain. Honestly, Chansung really wanted to live in this kind of neighbourhood. He loved places that were dangerous, not because he loved to fight. No, because here he didn’t feel too bad for killing a ‘bad person’.

Chansung placed his bag down and looked for the deposit money; he, then, handed it the woman and signed the contract. She wasn’t the owner of this apartment complex, but there was the rule that the person that lived in the apartment before, had to look for the next tenant. If they couldn’t find one, they had to stay until there was a person willing to move in.

He was happy that the girl could finally take her brother with her. He knew that she was glad that he was no longer in danger, but he also knew that she was worried about him; a total stranger to her. Girls like her had always been Chansung’s type, protective, loving, quiet, caring and thoughtful.

With a sweet smile, he handed her the contract, while pushing her gently towards the door.

“S-sir, are you sure you can handle it?” the young woman asked, as she stood outside the door. Chansung smiled and nodded, reassuring her that he was more than okay with the situation. An amusing thought crossed the girl’s brain and Chansung’s smile grew wider.

“I would like to ask you out, but I’m gay. However, let me tell you, you have a great personality and you’re also really pretty. I’m just not the right guy for you,” he said, before closing the door. He didn’t care if she was confused and surprised that he somehow knew what she had thought. After all he wouldn’t see her again.

The slightly tanned man shook his head in amusement, thinking about her thoughts.

‘He is attractive. It’s really a waste that he wants to live here, but I think he was right when he told me that he can take care of himself. Those muscles… Maybe I should ask him out? No, Arae he has to ask you out…’

Chansung snickered while he went towards his bag, unpacking the few things he had brought along. With a wide grin he opened a metallic suitcase, revealing 3 different swords that were carefully placed into the big case. Chansung had the habit to collect weapons; after all he grew up using swords. The tall male pulled out his favourite sword; he then held it into the air. The sunlight caressed the black metallic blade and a sigh escaped Chansung’s mouth. How he missed the old days, where they had to fight with swords and knives in order to protect their families.

Yes, Chansung missed his family; his caring mother that always looked out for him. A fight scene with him and his father flashed up in his memory; the man had always tried to train his son, making the best soldier out of him. And then there was his older brother, a smart and rich man. Even if he and his brother had fought a lot, he still loved and cared for him. Yes, the giant really missed his family and, if he could, he would turn time back in order to live a ‘normal’ life again. But he knew that this was impossible. The only chance he had to get a human life again was to find his lux and make her/him his Sanatio Casus, this was his goal; his mission in life.

Deciding it would be best to look around in town, he placed his sword back in, closed and locked the suitcase and headed for the door; taking his black coat and locking the door behind him.

It was a nice summer afternoon. Feeling a cold breeze taking over, Chansung assumed that tonight would be colder than usual. He looked around and slowly walked down the street, letting the sinking sun warm him up. It was rare that he could enjoy the sun, but, since he had ‘eaten’ yesterday, it was no problem for him to take a walk outside. Vampires, like him could go out during day time, but they had to drink more blood and also needed it earlier. Their cells had to repair the damage sunlight brought them and for that, they needed blood. Blood which their own body couldn’t produce, therefore they had to hunt.

After a fifteen minute walk, Chansung reached a pedestrian area with a lot of people busily shopping or just enjoying the afternoon with each other. Restaurants were opened and shouts from street stands could be heard. The tall man smiled as he heard the familiar sound of salesmen advertising their wares.

A sudden sting near his heart made him wince in pain. It felt like a sharp blade entered his body, but, as he looked down, he couldn’t see anything that might have caused the pain. Bewildered, the bulky man looked around, trying to find the cause of his arching chest. A red haired man that was slowly walking around the street stands caught his attention. Something about him seemed to draw Chansung closer, as if he had known the male for ages. The, now curious, warrior went closer to the talking man, trying to see his face. Impatience overtook him and he tried to slip into his mind only to find a wall; a mental wall that didn’t allow him to see into the red man’s thoughts.

As if the red head felt that someone knocked on his mind, he turned around, making eye contact with Chansung. The vampire was shocked; this was something that had never happened to him before. Sure, there were a few people he couldn’t read, but they never noticed him trying. This man, however, was something special.

Not knowing what to do, the warrior turned around and tried to look like a ‘normal’ passer-by that just made eye contact with the man, whom stood 10 meters away, by chance. As Chansung turned around again, the red haired stranger went towards a high building.

 

 

 

Chansung wasn’t sure why he still sat here, in a restaurant directly opposite the red haired man’s apartment complex. The only thing he knew was that this person was something special. He tried to remember if he had heard about a human like him, but nothing came into his mind. It got darker and darker and soon the restaurants around him had to turn up the light, the pedestrian area was lightened with light posts. The scenery was nice; Chansung couldn’t understand that a dangerous street like the one he lived in was so near to such a nice neighbourhood.

A closing door across the street alarmed him and, as he looked towards the building, he saw a figure with fire red hair exiting it and walking down an alley. Chansung, on the other hand, jumped up from his seat, placed a bill on the table and ran towards the other side. He couldn’t afford to lose this man, he was too curious to know if his assumption was right.

 

 

 

Normally, it would’ve been hard to hide a tall and bulky man like Chansung, but it was as if he was one with the shadows. He moved according to them, trying to maintain the distance between himself and that handsome stranger with the blood red hair. The young human walked calm and determined. Chansung was sure that if the male would know about the creatures that existed, he wouldn’t walk so carefree and determined like now. Suddenly, the human stopped in his tracks hiding in an alley on his right. Chansung furrowed his brows.

‘What is he doing now? Don’t tell me he noticed me…’ Chansung thought, but his assumptions were shattered as he looked into the direction the red haired male stared. A young woman walked down the street, looking around the dim lighted street. Her steps were slow and the warrior noticed her long and slender legs. Suddenly, Chansung went down to his knees, gasping for air as he felt the same sting from before, only hundred times worse. He placed a hand on the cold wall next to him, while trying to stand up again. His brain raced and suddenly he realised that he has found his lux. His whole being was concentrated on the girl that turned around, looking behind her. It was hard for him to take his eyes off of her, but as he remembered the man from before, his eyes went back to the alley only to find it empty. Fear crept into his heart. He couldn’t lose her again, he already lost her once and the pain he felt back then was nearly killing him. If that man was about to kill her he had to save her. He harshly breathed out, straightened up and walked towards the woman with quick steps. Suddenly, he heard a dark and raspy voice calling a name.

“Lee Soojin.” He saw the man grabbing the woman. The stranger then turned her around and… hugged her? Chansung was perplexed, standing there on the other side of the street, looking lost and confused about what had just had happened.

‘What the…?’ went through his brain as he suddenly heard her voice.

“Junho.” It was a faint whisper coming from the delicate woman and Chansung looked at the man. He could see the guilt that was written all over the male’s face.

‘So his name is Junho. Seems like they know each other…’

 

 

 


 

Soojin was looking around, smiling at Min as the girl went past her.

“Are you alright, Min?” she asked caringly.

“Sure, don’t worry boss. If there is something wrong I’ll just inform Jokwon.” The dark haired woman informed Soojin as she filled a glass with beer.

“Ok then. Is Junho in his office?” the brown haired girl asked as her employee nodded in agreement.

“Yes, he is going through the bills.” Min answered while serving her guests.

Soojin smiled and gently patted her shoulder as she walked past her towards her brother’s office. She and Junho bought this little bar three years ago. Since her brother was more of the type for planning and organizing, he became the accountant of the bar/disco. Soojin, on the other hand, served the guests. She was always the one that liked to spend her time with people.

The woman softly knocked on the door. The office was located in the back of the bar/disco. As she heard a faint ‘come in’ she opened the door to enter. Her brother was busily looking over some sheets as he lifted his head.

“Is there something wrong?” he asked, placing the papers he held down on his desk.

“Why? Am I not allowed to visit you?” Soojin asked cheekily. As Junho raised an eyebrow, she sighed. Ok, there is something. Would you come with me? We have to check the inventory.

Junho nodded and stood up. Soojin looked over her brother's clothes. Junho was always the one that knew what was fashionable. Soojin might be the sibling with the ability to make friends easily, but Junho was always who attracted people by his looks. He wore a simple white shirt with a jeans' blouse and tight fitting black jeans. His red hair was the cherry on top. As her brother told her about his decision to colour his dark brown hair of a red shade, she was against it. But now she totally loved the colour on him. It suited him and his personality.

“Are you finished with your thoughts? I know that I look good, Tokki.” Her brother said, adding her hated nickname at the end. Soojin mumbled something angrily, while following him outside.

“So, what do we need?” the handsome red head asked, while looking over the drinks the bar offered. Soojin grabbed a list with each drink they offered, including the list from the shot and cocktail bar.

“We need vodka, whisky, red bull, orange juice, …” Soojin started to tell her brother what they needed so that he could order everything. Junho looked over her shoulder, making mental notes of what she mentioned. The brown haired woman then frowned, calling for Jokwon to help her.

“Kwonie? Is there something else we need?“ she asked, pointing at the menu card in her hands. The brown haired guy with the tight jeans started to look over the list, grabbing the menu in Soojin's hands.

“Excuse me!“ a female voice screamed and Soojin turned around, only to find a familiar face.

“Yah! Fei! What are you doing here?“ Soojin asked, while walking towards one of her closest friends.

“Nah! Just had a night off, so I thought I should check on you,” the fair skinned woman said in a happy mood.

“That’s nice. Would you like something to drink?“ the pleased woman asked her friend, as she bent down to get a cold beer for her.

“A bottle of b-“ the woman was about to say as Soojin already handed her a bottle of beer.

“No need to tell me, I know you too well,” the young woman giggled, looking at Fei’s surprised face.

“Thanks, honey.“ The other female said with an amused smile on her features, as suddenly someone called her name.

“You should go. Seulong, Suzy and Jia are waiting for you.”

“Alright, I’ll come and pay the beer later.“ The Chinese woman answered, walking towards the table where some of her friends sat. Soojin waved towards them, welcoming her friends in her bar. As the female turned around, she watched Jokwon and Junho talking eagerly with each other. A smile formed on her features as she leaned herself against the bar, letting her gaze glide over the costumers.

A soft ‘bing’ informed her that  someone hadjust entered the bar and as she looked up, she saw a dark clothed male enter. Her eyes widened and her breath hitched as the stranger walked down the few stairs. He walked elegantly and slow, making his appearance even more breathtaking. Soojin blinked a few times, trying to clear her mind. Seriously, that man was handsome as hell. No, he was beyond handsome. This, coming from a woman that is surrounded by handsome males, was definitely a wonder. Her eyes roamed over his tall and bulky body, the tight fitting black leather trousers were like a second skin, hugging him on the right places. He wore a nice looking black coat and, underneath it, a simple black shirt. Everything about him was ‘dark’. The male looked around the room, as if he was looking for something, or rather for someone. His black hair seemed soft and shiny and Soojin had the sudden urge to touch it. No, she had the urge to touch everything about him. Shocked about her own thoughts, she coughed, trying to clean her mind.

‘Holy . Where did these thoughts came from?‘ She asked herself as she raised her head, only to look at the hottie again. Apparently, he had found what he was looking for, walking directly into her direction. A minute ago, the man looked like an Italian god, but now he remembered her of a cat; ready to jump on its prey. A soft smile formed on his sharp features as he neared her. Soojin gasped, taken aback by the beauty of his crooked smile.

‘SERIOUSLY, WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?’ She panicked.

Hello,” a velvety soft voice said. Goosebumps were rising all over her body as she realised that she was staring into space. Her head shot towards the stranger, as she hoarsely whispered back.

“Hi, c-can I offer you something?she asked, stunned by the beautiful brown orbs that intensely stared back at her. The woman felt lost, lost in those brown orbs of his. A feeling of reunion spread in her belly, but she was sure that she would have remembered a man like him.

 

 

 

 


A/N:

New chapter~ ^^

Uhm, what to say? Well, I hope this chapter doesn't ^^"

I had fun while writing this chapter and tried to show the characters personality a little bit. Did I succeed? ö.ö

A little announcement: If there is someone interested at beta reading this story, please inform me. I'm in need of a person that is willing to correct my mistakes since I want to improve on this story and make it readable ^^

I would be also gratefull for any 'infos' on where to get a proof reader. So if there is someone who knows a person or a shop...please tell me~ ^-^

To be honest, I'm shocked. Normally I really take long in writing chapter...since I'm always proof reading and trying to make it better. (This is somehow not counting for this story...the ideas are flowing in like crazy ö.ö) English is not my first language so I at writing in English xD Therefore I always try my best... I know that I have another story I should udate...and I'm sorry that I haven't >.< It's just that I'm a little bit stuck with it. I know what I want to write but I have no idea how. Do you get what I mean? But for everyone that reads 'It's Not Like That, Darling' I promise I'll update soon. Don't worry, the plot is fixed and currently I'm writing on it ^^

Last thing I want to announce...I got this story reviewed :D

I want to thank OutspokenGirl612 for her nice review ^-^ She is one my first friends here on AFF and I'm really thankfull that I've met her :D Thanks unnie! ♥

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Please excuse my poor grammar and mistakes I made ._.

I appreciate each subscriber and comment I get! So don't hesitate to tell me your thought to this story in the comment section :D

Lots of love, Banana_Dreams ♥

 

Translation:

tokki (Korean) - rabit (English)

 

 

 

 

Ps.: If you would like to know how the author(me) of this story looks...ehm, I'm participating in an ulzzang contest *hides aways while blushing*. Since I joined AFF I'm somehow 'used' to show people how I look like. I think it's interesting to know how the different authors of my subscribed story's look so...yeah, feel free to check me out? (Oh my...that sounds creepy xD)

-Contest-

They are in need of voters so...I guess I thought of promoting the contest ^^

I'm number 60...*hahaha~