o2

~ Cupid's Arrows ~ [HIATUS]

Dara's P.O.V -

That was basically our first encounter with each other ever. Looking back, I never really knew what that simple 'Excuse me' could bring us in the future. I saw him the next day again, this time without that silly mask of his. As soon as I layed my eyes on him, I don't know why but I was immediately felt lovestruck, it was like one of those high school crushes, you know? When the really cute guy you like walks past you and you immediately feel short of breath and your heart starts beating fast.

It was like that. And, over time, this massive crush of mine on him developed more and more, but don't think that he immediately liked me back, no. There were some obstacles that I had to go past, and for the first time in my life I had actually cried over a boy. Those days made me feel low, I had lost my best friend, Y.G was complaining to me about how I don't try enough, and I felt as if I had lost him as well, even though, he really wasn't mine in the first place.

 

~~~

"Yah, wake up!"

I groaned and blinked my eyes open. I felt sleepy, my eyelids felt heavy so I went by their command and closed them before laying my head on the pillow again.

"Aish, really. Dara, you need to wake up. We need to go to rehearsal!"

I immediately shot up from my bed. Crap. I had already forgotten that we had to go back to the dance room to practice. If I can't get up when I was supposed to, how am I supposed to meet up to Yang Hyun Suk's expectations? Ugh. I don't want him to think i'm not capable of things. "Okay, okay!" I responded

 

We arrived there at 6:05 in the morning. When we opened the doors, they were all there sitting and waiting for us again. They stared at us in a way that made me feel uncomfortable and unwelcomed. But honestly, though, is it that important that we should be here at 6am sharp?

"Girls," Yuhan came out of nowhere "you're late again. I'm sorry but I can't accept anymore of you coming here late again, you really need to learn to be here on time."

"Mianhe" we apologised.

After that somewhat of a commotion, we began to practice and rehearse again. My muscles still ached from yesterday's practice. I wasn't really up for it today.

"Okay, from the start guys." We got in to our positions by his command

Lolly, lolly, oh lollipop

Lolly, lolly oh lolly lollipop 

All of a sudden, a boy went in front of us.

Nah, that's not how we do it

Then I realised, that boy was Jiyong. The guy from yesterday. I'd never thought i'd say this but he looks so...cute. Hot, even. Damn. So this is how he looks like without his mask. He seems so, just, like - unexplainable. Jiyong is my ideal type, that's for sure. And he's wearing that beanie again, and let me just say, beanies are my weakness especially if guys like him wear it.

All of a sudden I got nervous and started sweating from my attraction to him, my knees got weak and I feel like I can't breathe. Dammit, Dara, you're losing it.

"Wait, stop," the music paused and Yuhan came up to me, I knew this wasn't going to be good "You look like you're daydreaming, why aren't you concentrating?"

Hormones.

"Mianhe" I mumbled to him

"Right, from the top then" the music played again. This time I tried to stay focused but I will occassionally-if not- get mostly distracted by his extremely good dancing. This was weird for me since I never really felt this way before about someone and especially not at first sight.

I don't really believe in love at first sight really, because for me, it's not love. You can't really love someone because of their looks, you like the way they look, but clearly you don't like them for their personality. It's what I think is important in a relationship; loving someone for who they are.

We ended up practicing for one hour straight until we were close to being perfect. We only practised until the chorus of the song, though. Yuhan seemed like a perfectionist, which is I guess a typical aspect of a choreographers personality because you want to make sure that you get every single detail right.

He said that we'll get a 20 minute break, and then spend the next hour practicing verse 2 of the song. It's really hard work, my muscles ended up aching even more and I felt absolutely horrible in my sweaty tank top and sweatpants. I grabbed my towel and dabbed my face.

"Sandaraaa unnie..." CL came and sat next to me "What's up?"

I shrugged "Tired"

"Me too. Sweating like hell," she fanned herself with her hand "Yah, were you-" she lowered her voice and whisphered in to my ear "were you staring at Jiyong just then?"

"Uh, w-what?" I pretended not to hear, avoiding the question

"I know you heard me, Dara, don't think i'm stupid," she said "but you were, weren't you?"

I  stared at the ground for a moment and then looked up to meet the face of her, I nodded my head in response

"Wae?" she asked

I shrugged "I find him cute"

"Oooh" she teased me, I rolled my eyes and then realised that Minzy and Bom were sitting right on the other side of me, listening to what I had just said

"Dara..." Bom began "so Minzy was right yesterday!"

"Unnie..!"

"What? I just said he's cute, didn't I? Nothing else"

"She probably likes him now"

"Yeah"

Luckily, the back up dancers and Big Bang were in their own little groups chattering away, even louder than us so they can't really hear as we kept our voices to a minumum.

5 minutes passed. The back up dancers, including the choreographer went out to the cafe area to grab something to eat, leaving us girls to bond with our now new family (YG family).

It was awkward since the four of us were in one side of the room, and the boys were on the other side of the room. It was like there was an awkward distance between us. Occassionally my eyes would dart to the side to get at least a glimpse of Jiyong from the corner of my eye.

"She so likes him, look at the way she tries to look at him without being obvious" Bom whisphered

"It's almost blaitantly obvious" whisphered CL

"Yah..!" I said rather loudly, capturing the attention of Big Bang as they all turned their heads. Crap. I saw them mumble a few things to each other before one of them finally stepped out from the rest. He had short, black, somewhat spiky hair and his eyes resembled that of a panda.

"A-annyeonghaseyo," he stuttered out "since you guys are new here, I figure that we should get to know each other first to get rid of this awkwardness between us. I'm Lee Seungri, the maknae." he shook each of our hands, "Annyeonghaseyo" I said to him. It was about time someone broke the awkward tension as well.

"Hyung" he gestured for his hyungs to come over, they all seemed shy. Aw.

"I'm Taeyang." He smiled at me and his eyes created those half moon shapes when you smile. Cute.

"TOP" he introduced himself to me like a gentleman. Bom seemed a little exhilerated when he was introducing himself to her,  I guess that's because she likes him, I can't blame her.

"Daesung"

"Yeah. I've seen you before, right? I think I accidentally bumped in to you before."

"Yeah." he responded back smiling, creating those adorable half moon eyes again like Taeyang-ssi has.

And last, but not least...

"Jiyong, or GDragon if you want" he briefly shook my hand. I immediately felt sparks fly off me at the touch of his skin. He was just so- ugh.

"I'm Dara." I smiled back at him, hoping that this tension between us would drop and that we would become close friends. At least, that's what I hope.

"Yay, I have 2 noona's and 2 dongsaeng's!" Seungri said happily, I giggled at his sillyness.

"Honestly, maknae," TOP said "Sorry about this, it's just that Seungri here never really had a dongsaeng since he's always been the maknae here at YG"

"Ani, it's okay" I said back to him

The rest of them began talking to each other like friends who've seen each other the first time in 10 years. They began talking about YG, their record label, what it's like being well known, etc.

Bom seemed to be clicking well with TOP whilst CL was talking and getting acquainted with Taeyang, leaving Daesung and Minzy shyly having a conversation with each other. Seungri just seemed like the annoying one bothering each pair and interrupting their conversation.

"Aish. Seungri-ah!" Taeyang whined

"What, hyung?"

"Kajima"

This left me and Jiyong behind. I knew it was the perfect opportunity to get to know him and become good friends with him, the thing is i'm shy and can't really talk to people who I don't know well. But I really wanted to break the silence between us two.

"So," I began, trying to make a conversation "what do I call you then, oppa?"

He smiled "Maybe. I was born in '88"

I widened my eyes "Oh, really? I was born in '84, i'm older than you," I can't believe it. A really hot guy who I was attracted to at first sight is four years younger than me, usually age doesn't matter to me but that's usually because the boys that I date are usually older. I didn't want to let this age difference thing be a barrier to the both of us. "I guess i'm your noona then" I said back.

"I see you guys are getting well acquanted," The back dancers and Yuhan came back from the cafe "good, at least you're getting to know each other. Anyway, break time is finished. Let's start the next part of the dance routine"

We had to drop our conversations and get straight back to work. The boys' face were serious and I ended up giggling to myself because one minute ago Seungri was up and all over the place, and now he's standing with a straight face. I guess he can be serious when it's necessary.

 

Again, after that one hour, my energy was absolutely drained out of me and I felt like I couldn't even walk anymore.

"Right, that's enough for today then guys. Good work." Everyone began to get their things.

I checked the time, it was 9am. What the heck? What was the point of getting up this early then?

"Yuhan ssi," I stopped him before he could go, I felt quite annoyed but most of my negative emotions came from my tiredness, plus his strictness is kind of annoying too, he turned around "Why did we have to get up at 6am if we had the whole day to rehearse?"

"Because, Dara-ssi, I have part-time work in another place starting at 10am till 5pm. I won't have the time."

"Oh, right. Anyway, thank you." I said, not wanting to seem rude

I went back to pick up my stuff, I can't wait to get home and rest my feet on the couch. Oh, sweet, sweet days.

"Dara, dara!" Bom came behind me, seeming all excited

"What, what is it?" I asked, eager to know as she seemed so exhilerated

"TOP asked all four of us to have lunch with him and the rest of Big Bang so that we'll get to know each other more! Eeek!"

Lunch? Noo. Well, actually, I wouldn't mind having lunch with them, it's just that my feet are sore and my muscles ache. I was looking forward to going back to sleep and having a rest at home.

"Uhh.."

"Please, Dara, please!" she begged

I sighed "Alright then."

I guess i'll have to say goodbye to a day's worth of rest. But, at least i'll be spending some more time with Jiyong.