Chapter One

Five Days And You Are Mine

Hyukjae’s POV

 

“Annyeonghaseyo~” I bowed while greeting the costumers coming inside the milk tea shop. My name is Lee Hyukjae and I happen to be one of the owners of this milk tea shop. :) I am 23 years old. I graduated college and instead of applying in a company I decided to put up a small business with my cousin and best friend, Sungmin, he is also 23 years old just like me.

*Flashback*

“Happy graduation, Hyukjae!” Sungmin said while hugging me tightly.

“Thank you Bunny! And Congratulation to you too! It is official now, we’re already graduates!”  as I break the hug and ruffled his hair. He just smiled sweetly in response.

We were talking to our other classmates greeting and wishing them good lucks. Well, I’m going to miss them for sure. It always fun to be at school because of them especially with these kind of people. Aish~ We are no longer students now. Time to face reality. No monthly allowance from parents. We have to work hard for ourselves. That’s the reality now.

“Hey sweetheart” my mom waving at me “We should get home to celebrate now.”

I nodded and told my friends that we’re leaving. While on our way home we talk about many things including our future plans.

“So Hyukjae, where do you plan to work?” Sungmin asked  while sending messages in his phone replying all the greetings he received.

“Uhmm actually, I have no plan to apply in any company.”

Sungmin faced me raising his one eyebrow and with a confused look he asked “Is that so? Why?”

“Ya! What’s with the look, you looked funny hahahaha” I started laughing and imitating his eyebrow.

“Damn Monkey!” He hit me in my right shoulder.

“Awww! That hurts!” I complain. “Well, I’m thinking of putting up a small business instead. I already plan this a year ago so I’m kinda positive with it.” I said confidently while flashing my gummy smile.

“You look crazy! Haha But that’s a good idea. What business are you planning?”

“A milk tea shop.”

“A milk tea shop?!” Sungmin said loudly and I can see his eyes flashing in amusement.

I nodded.

“Hyukjae~ah~~~” With the cutest tone he said. He then softly caressing the shoulder he hit minutes ago. “Do you know how gorgeous you looked today?” I stared at him. “And do you even know how many girls back there trying to catch your attention?” I remain staring at him. “And even the guys! They are so over you.” I raised my right eyebrow. With all his praises he definitely needs something from me.

“Yaaa~ cut that crap Sungmin and tell me what you want.”

“Hehehe” Sheepishly he laughed. “Well, I just wanna say I wanted to a partner in that business!” and flashes his sweetest smile.

“No.” And I sway my head left to right.

“But don’t you think two heads are better than one.” Right then he showed me his signature puppy eyes looked. Aish~ that innocent face with teary wide-open eyes. “Plus you know I can do pastries, right? Milk tea and pastries come together!” With his puppy eyes he said.

“Aish~ Okay okay!” I raised my both hands in defeat. This Bunny always gets what he wants.

“Gotcha!” He said while pointing me his index finger and acting like shooting me with a gun.

“But don’t you dare mess up, okay? I have been planning this a long time.”

He nodded. “Don’t you worry I’ll make the best pastries ever!” He said confidently. Well, I trust him since he really has experiences in pastry making. Didn’t I tell you he won many times in baking competitions? Baking is his hobby. Since we were kids he attended several baking lessons up until now.

*End of flashback*

It has been a busy day in our milk tea shop. Since this is a well-known milk tea shop in our town we get a lot of costumers every day. From students to office workers and even from people who passes by. We have this shop for almost six months now and the sale is really doing well. Aside from our milk teas we also sell different pastries. We even have crepes which is also a perfect combination for milk tea.

“Annyeonghaseyo! Welcome to “Let’s ParTea!” Please enjoy!”

Our shop has 8 tables with 4 chairs in each. The walls are painted with a blue-white-pink combination. I only want the blue-white combination. Blame Sungmin, he really loves pink! We have hand-painted furniture which gives accent to the place. On the left side, we have a big freedom wall where all of our costumers can write any comments or suggestions for our shop. On the right, you can see a big square frame where we put all of our collected costumers’ photos taken in this shop. Beside the counter is where the cake shelf is located. We always have mouth-watering cakes for the costumers. We even have the no-sugar cake for the people on diet. Sungmin is really good at it! Aside from Sungmin and I, we have hired three people to help us.

I am in-charge in the milk tea section while Sungmin make all pastries though after he’s done with baking he is also helping me in the counter. The three, they either clean, take the costumers orders or helping us whenever we have more costumers than the usual.

“Hyukjae, one honeydew milk tea with pudding plus one pearl milk tea both large size then two slices of blueberry cheesecake at table number 3.” Jaewook said. One of our friends and helpers in the shop.

Then I heard Shindie saying “Another taro milk tea large size at table 7.”

“Three slices of chocolate cake at table 4 please.” And that’s Neeko.

Sungmin and I are both busy in the counter preparing for all the orders. Well, this is our usual day. Busy preparing milk teas and serving our beloved costumers. I am a milk tea fan myself. I always love the creaminess and yumminess of the milk tea. How I also love the sinkers. Well, wintermelon milk tea with basil seeds and egg pudding with less sugar will always be the best for me. ^_^ yummmmmmmmmmmmmy~

“Aigoooooooo~ What a busy day again.” I said while gently tapping the back of my shoulders. It has been a tiring day. I have no idea how many milk teas I did today. Kk~

“Indeed! I think we are getting more and more costumers each day!” Sungmin said happily while heading to the kitchen. It’s almost 10 in the evening. The three went home already. Sungmin and I are just checking all the ingredients making sure we still have enough stock left.

“I’m really happy the shop is doing really great! Don’t you think about expanding it?”

“Actually, I’m already thinking about it. I wanted to add more tables and chairs and I want have three extra rooms for people who come in groups. What you think?”

“That’s a good idea Hyukjae!” Sungmin nods furiously while giving me thumbs up. “We should do it real soon. I bet the costumers will love it.”

I just smiled in response. “But anyway, Hyukjae, did you notice the guy at table 5 earlier?” I faced him with a questioned look. “He has been staring at you all the time!” He said with his teasing voice. “I bet you don’t only attract costumers but a predator too!” and he started laughing. “Seriously, didn’t you notice him?”

I gave him a what-the--you-mean looked. “Aishhh~ didn’t you notice he has been coming back for three days straight now?” he asked desperately. And I can see lines started forming in Sungmin’s forehead. I was in deep thought when I heard him saying “Aish~ Seriously, Hyukjae!”

“Okaaaaay~ to tell you frankly I didn’t notice anyone. I’m too pre-occupied making all the milk teas besides I’m not really a keen observer just like you! You notice everything aigoooooooo~” I sighed. Well, if there’s another hobby that Sungmin has that will be observing everything around him. He notice even the smallest details in everything and even the fine lines you have in your face there’s no way it can be safe in Sungmin’s eyes!

“Well, I’m telling you he’s hot!”

“Who?” I asked uninterestedly. After this tiring day I don’t have any energy left for his blabbering.

“The guy staring at you!”

“Okay. Can we rest now? I’m really tired.” I told him while preparing myself going to the second floor. Yeaaaaaaaap~ :) We are living in the same place where we built the milk tea shop. So basically, the first floor has been our precious milk tea shop while the second and third floors are our place. It has been really in my plan since I have no intention of getting late to work and everything. And it’s nicer since I don’t even need to hire a security guard to watch over the establishment, I can do it my own. Kk~ ^_^

“Good night.” I uttered while looking to Sungmin and he nodded in response and told me the same thing. We both went to our own rooms to rest and end the day. ^_^