A Kiss or A Curse

Oh! My High School / 아! 내 고등학교

Hey guys...sorry for the late update. This new chap is where the twist starts and its gonna be a bumpy ride from here on....hahaha....n yumi thank you soo much dear. I love you...coming back home soon enuf...catch up to you then sweetie


 

It was already past 7pm and Eunjung felt a chill snaking down her spine as the cold night breeze swept through her frame unyieldingly. She clutched herself tightly and tried to trap in as much heat as she could. Jangwoo smiled at her reaction and pulled her closer until she was completely leaning on him. “You’re cold?”

 

Eunjung nodded once timidly before burying her face on his chest. God, he smelled so good.

 

Both of them were waiting for their ride back home after a date they had been looking forward to for such a long time. Right after school ends, they escaped to the Starbucks coffee shop where Jangwoo had first told Eunjung he liked her a year ago. It was their favourite dating spot and the coffee makes everything worthwhile.

 

It was their own memories together.

 

“I hate not being able to talk with you for a long time.” Eunjung said. As a matter of fact, they rarely contacted each other during the holidays due to the fact that Jangwoo had to reluctantly follow his father on his business trips.

 

“Arayo…” Jangwoo used his index finger to tilt Eunjung’s face and slowly dipped his head to claim her soft luscious lips, begging for his touch. As their mouth meshed, her lips parted on its own, allowing him to touch her with his tongue. Silky threads of pleasure unwound inside of her. The kiss deepened, and dazzling colours began swirling. It was sweet and amiable and breathtaking all together.

 

They only pulled away from each other when they heard a car approaching. It was Jangwoo’s chauffer.

 

“I’ve got to go too.” Eunjung said forlornly.

 

Jangwoo grabbed Eunjung’s hand and turned her around to face him. “Let me take you home.” His eyes bored into hers.

 

She wanted to say yes. She really did. But even Jangwoo does not know about Eunjung’s eomma. And she didn’t want him to know anytime soon. She doesn’t know why but she’s just not ready to let people know about her life yet. “My chauffer wwill be here any minute now.”

 

“Eunjung why is it that every time I wanted to take you home, you refused?”

 

“Aniya, it’s just that…” Eunjung hesitated. “I...um…”

 

“You know what, just forget it.” Jangwoo said, clearly being a little annoyed now.

 

“Oppa you’re angry?” Eunjung asked sweetly.

 

Forcing a smile, Jangwoo shook his head. “Ani. If you’re not comfortable then it’s okay, I understand.”

 

“Komawo.” Eunjung said before landing a light peck on his cheek “Annyeong oppa!”

 

Jangwoo sat silently as the black Audi A4 glide away through the darkness of the night. Multiple questions were ricocheting within his mind as he kept on wondering why Eunjung never allowed him to go to her house.

 

Well, soon enough he’s going to find why.

 

Eunjung felt awful for hiding the truth about her from Jangwoo and right now she really needed a lift back home. Her chauffer had told her that he would not be able to pick her up if she wants to stay back after school hours since he needed to send her father to the airport. She had lied to him by saying that Jangwoo would drop her at home. Well, that’s not going to happen anytime soon.

 

Apparently now she’s going to have to walk back. Heaving an exasperated breath, Eunjung ran her hand through her brunette locks of hair.

 

“Gwenchana Eunjung ah! Hwaiting!” Balling her fist, she mentally cheered herself up before walking down the street, heading toward her house. It wasn’t so bad, there was still people going about their own business and surprisingly, it wasn’t as dark as it used to be since the moon was at its fullest today.

 

Smiling to herself, Eunjung climbed the hill that would take her to the neighborhood where her house is located. The houses are huge and some of them are eerie since there are rarely any lights coming from it. Weird. People buy beautiful houses to just let it rot in darkness? Her house isn’t much different. It’s not like they never the lights, despite having the house bright like a Christmas tree, there seemed to be some kind of gloomy veil that hung around persistently.

 

It wasn’t always like that.

 

Unexpectedly, as she took the usual turn to her house, something seemed to caught her eyes. “Geugo mwoyeyo?”

 

It was the figure of a woman crouched onto the road as if she was in pain. Her whole body was writhing and a soft cry was ricocheting through the silent neighborhood. Is that woman hurt? Eunjung searched around if there was anyone who could help her. No one. Biting her lower lip-something that she seem to do everytime she’s nervous-she inched closer to the woman. “Ahjumma? Noe g..gwenchana?”

 

No response. And the woman stopped moving.

 

Oh my god, please don’t be dead. Eunjung thought. She was starting to panic. “Ahjumma…” She tapped the woman’s body a few times to wake her up. “Ahjumma, jebal…wake up.”

 

The woman stirred slightly.

 

Exhaling in relief. “Ah..ahjumma you almost gave me a frig…”

 

Eunjung yelped in surprise and took a step back, when the woman raised her head,. The woman’s eyes were weird. It was not the normal pupil of a human being; it was a pair of slits like that of a cat. Her face was sunken and pale. The woman lurched forward and grabbed Eunjung’s hand.

 

“Ahjumma, let me go. Noe waeire?” Bile rose to as she realized she was probably in a ty situation, one of those where your adrenaline starts to pump so vigorously and every fiber of your body is screaming one word. Run.

 

Despite her attempt to break loose and run, the woman’s grip was even harder and stronger. At the same time, was mumbling something gibberish. Eunjung could not understand it but something was definitely not right.

 

“Help! Someone…anyone help!” Eunjung desperately screamed. she needs to get away quickly. “Ahjumma!”

 

After a few seconds, the woman loosened her grip and slumped onto the ground again. Her breathing was ragged and she was panting. But her eyes were back to normal and she doesn’t look so sick now.

 

“Mian.” That was the only word Eunjung heard before she dashed away from that place, running as hard as her legs could take her. Crazy ahjumma!

 

But with each step, something was happening to her. Her head felt dizzy and everything seemed to sway in front of her, her legs felt weak and she was sweating like a pig. If she hadn’t known better, she would think that she was having an anaphylactic shock.

 

Can’t go any further. Can’t…eomma!

 

Eunjung slowed down to a halt and fell on her knees. What the hell did the ahjumma did to her. She pulled out her handphone and tried dialing Jangwoo, but she was shaking so badly and her eyes are so blurry, it was practically an impossible task. “Eomma…” She called out between sobs. But there was no one. Not her mother, not her father and not even Jangwoo.

 

It was just her, the empty street and her wretched fate.

 

*****

 

Taecyeon really needed some fresh air. He felt suffocated just being in that house. But it’s not like he have any other place to stay. So instead he resorts to the only thing that could take his mind off the s that’s clouding his thoughts at the same time gives him all the fresh air he needs.

 

Jogging.

 

Yep. In the middle of the night. With his earphone tucked nicely into his ears. Shutting off the entire world.

 

Today he went of quite far from his normal range of laps. Instead of taking the usual turn around the first corner, he took the straight road that goes around the entire neighbourhood.

 

That’s when he saw her.

 

A girl kneeling on the tar road, crying her heart out. Her hand was clutching her chest and she was repeating the same words again and again. “Eomma…” He knows her, for sure. He really does. It was the girl from his class, the one he bumped into the first day of school. Wait…what was her name?...Ah, Eunjung isn’t it?

 

Heistantly, Taecyeon approached her. He really hates doing this, but at the same time, like hell he was about to walk away, leaving this girl here all alone. “Jeoseonghaeyo, noe gwenchana?” He asked, despite his attempt to try and sound a little friendly, he ended up sounding cold and uninterested.

 

But when the girl raised her head and her watery eyes rested on his. His ego crumpled and his heart lurched out to her. She looked sick…like really sick.

 

“Tae…Taecyeon-sshi?” Eunjung stuttered a little as she tried to fully grasp the fact that Taecyeon is in front of her.

 

“You’re sick?”

 

“Mollayo…I feel weird …” That was it; her body fell limp onto the ground.

 

“Yah…yah, don’t pass out!” , he should have just walked away. “Eunjung-sshi?” But she was not even bulging. Cursing under his breath, Taecyeon opened her bag and reached in for her purse. He could trace her house by using her ID. Sadly it was nowhere to be found. “You’ve gotta be kidding the hell out of me.” It’s not like he could leave this girl here and finding her house is going to be practically impossible. Only one option left.

 

And he’s not the least bit of thrilled about the idea of it.

 

*****

 

Taecyeon carefully laid Eunjung on his bed. The girl practically looked like a wreck. Shaking his head for being such a fool for bringing her to his house, he slumped on a chair next to the bed. “I must be crazy.” He mumbled softly.

 

Occasionally, the girl would twitch uncomfortably. And hell, she was still sweating a lot eventhough it was actually freaking cold. Damn, she’s going to soak his bed. Maybe he should loosen a couple of button on her uniform, she might be suffocating.

 

He slowly reached his hand onto her chest and successfully ed the first set and was moving on to the second one when Eunjung’s eyes flew open.

 

For a moment they were just looking at each other.

 

Then there was a scream!

 

“You bastard, what the hell were you trying to do?” Eunjung scambled away from him and plastered herself to the wall, trying to get as much distance as she could from Taecyeon.

 

“Nothing!” Taecyeon replied nonchalantly. “It’s not like you have anything worth being looked or touched.”

 

“Mwo?” Eunjung’s temper was already at its threshold. “Noe jinja chugunde!”

 

“And apparently, you are all better now, seeing that you’re screaming and everything.”

 

“Don’t freaking change the topic. And where the hell am I? Is this your house?” Eunjung exclaimed, her eyes widening in disbelief.

 

“Yes it is.”

 

“I barely even know you! And you brought me to your home and start ing me!”

 

“That was a bad way of putting it. What did you expect me to do? You passed out in front of me and you don’t even have your ID with you. Be grateful that I have helped you this far because right now I’m completely regretting it.”

 

“You know what, put a sock in it. I’m getting the hell out.”

 

“Help yourself out…the exit is that way!!” Taecyeon barked while pointing to the doorway behind him.

 

As she tried to stomp her way past him and eventually out of the room, she inadvertently stepped on her untied shoelace and her whole body was thrown forward, directly into Taecyeon’s arms. And in that instant their lips touched by mistake.

 

For a moment none dared to move, then suddenly out of nowhere, there was a blinding light.

 

Taecyeon looked away as the light was hurting his eyes for a moment. A few seconds later as he regained his posture, he realized that the light was not the only thing that went missing, Eunjung was also nowhere to be found too. Instead in her place was…

 

A cat. Meow…

 

!!