Cafeteria

Oh! My High School / 아! 내 고등학교

The next day school went on pretty much at a slow pace, Math was their first subject, followed by language and Science. Chansung was yawning like a hippopotamus by the end of the period and his stomach was already playing multiple symphonies demanding for sustenance.

 

“Damn, finally it’s lunch break. I thought I could die of hunger from just now…yah! Let’s go eat!” Chansung prodded Junho whose eyes were gradually getting smaller than it already is.

 

Nichkhun was the only one who was still fresh through out the whole lectures. “It’s just the second day of school and you guys are already squishy.”

 

“Easy for you to say, smarty pants” Minjun groaned. Inching closer to Wooyoung, Minjun hugged the boy from the back. “Udong ah are you cold?”

 

“Ne!” Wooyoung answered with his cute expression.

 

That’s it. That was the threshold to Nichkhun’s jealousy at the fact that his boyfriend was being too close to Minjun. Nichkhun and Wooyoung had been together since second year of high school. Only the 2PM boys are aware of this matter and they would like to keep it that way. There’s no telling how the other students would react if they find out about Khun’s and Woo’s bromance. “Youngie, lets go get something to eat!” Nichkhun said as he tried to wrench Wooyoung from Minjun’s grasp.

 

Wooyoung could only muster his crybaby face as he was stuck between the two boys.

 

Junho who was watching all of this with an amused expression, landed a nice kick on Minjun’s back. “Yah arabeoji! I can see your polka dot underwear from here.”

 

Chansung laughed at that. “Jun ah, you still wear the underwear from your childhood is it? Still fits you nicely?”

 

“Ijashika…” Minjun reached out to grab Chansung, but the giant was even quicker, he easily dodged Minjun’s hand and ran to the end of the class, hopping up and down like an ecstatic kid. He still hasn’t stopped laughing.

 

Nichkhun was also laughing but out of the corner of his eyes he saw the new student walking out of the class by himself. He tapped Minjun and cocked his head a little to ask Minjun to look at him. Junho and Wooyoung also turned together.  

 

Once he was out of earshot, Minjun sighed. “We can’t just leave him alone like that.”

 

“What is his problem, really? He just doesn’t want to make friends. How are we supposed to make friend with someone who doesn’t give a .” Chansung said as he came closer, and plunged his hand into his bag pack to withdraw a piece of banana.

 

“I think he just need time to sort thing out. He is new in this place after all.” Wooyoung said innocently. And all the boys were nodding their head in agreement.

 

“Annyeong!” came a sudden voice out of nowhere causing Wooyoung to jump out of the chair while Chansung almost choke on his banana.

 

It was Sulli.

 

“Yah, Sulli ah, you almost gave us a heart attack.” Junho muttered gloomily.

 

“Mian…I can’t help but to overhear your conversation just now.” Sulli said with her large eyes hovering on each of the boys like a ghost. She dropped her voice into something that’s barely a whisper “That boy just now, he has a dark aura around him, like the such you would see around a dead person.”

 

Sulli was an undeniably beautiful girl with dark lock of hair falling around her face and a pair of big round eyes. But the only glitch was the fact that she’s too superstitious that people find it hard to sit beside her for more than 10 minutes without getting goosebumps. She likes to claim of being able to see ghost and dark spirits. Which in Junho’s opinion was a total bull. But it was different for Wooyoung who is always petrified whenever she’s around. That boy was really five at heart, only his body was overgrown to a point of mistaking him as a high schooler.

 

“Thanks Sulli for the info.” Minjun said with a light pat on her back before the 2PM boys left the room in a hurry to head toward the cafeteria.

 

Taking their lunch, they took a seat at the same table where Seulong, Changmin and Jinwoo were sitting together with the T-ARA girls. Jokwon was the only one who was nowhere to be found.

 

Just as they were about to start eating, Victoria approached the table with a wide smile on her heavily make-up face. “Hi Nichkhun.” She greeted with the sly voice of hers. Didn’t even bothered to greet the rest though.

 

“Oh! Hi Victoria.” Nichkhun greeted back halfheartedly. He was already sick with all the attention he gets from the girls. If only they knew he was already in a relationship…even worse if they knew it was with Wooyoung…they would have gone berserk. But Nichkhun can’t bring himself to be rude to the girls, so most of the times he would just play nice.

 

“My classmates and I are doing a little project work for charity and we were thinking about making you as our spokesperson. Would you mind dropping by our class at the end of school?” She asked, obviously another one of her attempt to spend time with Nichkhun.

 

Flashing a smile to her, Nichkhun answered. “Yeah, I’ll see about it later.”

 

“Thanks.” Victoria uttered while she moved away to her own table without breaking her eyes off of Nichkhun.

 

Changmin snorted loudly. “If only I had as much fan girls as Nichkhun does…”

 

“You would have made all of them pregnant.” Jinwoo said nonchalantly. Everyone on the table ended up laughing including the T-ARA girls with the exception of Changmin who glared at Jinwoo with all the contempt of his heart.

 

“It’s Jokwon.” Boram said as she spotted the thin figured man approaching their table in quick strides. He slid himself easily between Jinwoo and Eunjung and tapped the table loudly.

 

“You guys won’t believe what I just heard back in the principle’s office.” He said, his face was lighting up like a bulb in the middle of the night.

 

“What?” Seulong asked curiously.

 

“JYP was talking to someone in his room while I was waiting for my turn to meet him. It was a social worker he was with. Guess what they were talking about?” Jokwon was clearly excited as he turns on his usual gossip mode. He was like the gossip girl version of JYP High.

 

“Does that mean you eavesdropped on their conversation?” Qri asked.

 

‘Who cares! Jokwon ah, just tell us…palli!” Hyomin exclaimed.

 

“They were talking about the new student. His name is Ok Taecyeon and apparently he was in juve until the end of last year.”

 

That got everyone’s attention. “Mwo?”

 

“Litsen, there’s more to it…he was said to be selling drugs when he was just 13 years old, but the sad thing was that he didn’t even know that it was drug until he was caught by the police.”

 

Eunjung felt her heart tightened in her chest. No wonder he had this rough quality about him.

 

“After that they were talking about having him finish his last year of studies and that he might need special attention from the school. They were even suggesting getting him counseling every day, if that’s possible.”

 

“Woah, and here I thought he was just being plainly rude all this time.” Junho muttered.

 

“Yah, but we can’t judge him because of this. Everyone had their own dark past that they would like to keep hidden. Just make sure you guys don’t spread this to other people. And I think it only calls for us to give him a little bit more attention so he could come out of his dark zone.” Minjun retorted.

 

True. Eunjung thought. And she knows how much it hurts to keep something jumbled inside and pretending like you don’t give a on the outside.

 

Jangwoo was slowly approaching the table where Eunjung was sitting. Hyomin who sat right in front of Eunjung spotted him, but he hushed her by placing his index finger over his mouth. He inched closer to her and bends in carefully to land a light peck on her left cheek.

 

Eunjung jerked back a little before smiling as she realized that it was her boyfriend Jangwoo, who had planted the kiss on her. “That took me by surprise.” Eunjung said.

 

He laughed heartily before pulling her off the table. “Mind if I borrow my girlfriend for a bit?” He asked.

 

Jiyeon and Hyomin said “Not at all.” Almost at the same time. As both of them moved away from the cafeteria, probably to spend some quality time together, Jiyeon could only sigh in desperation.

 

“Why can’t Myungsoo be more like him?” She complained.

 

“Waeyo? Myungsoo is very nice isn’t he. What else you need?” Boram asked.

 

“Aniya, he’s nice alright but he’s not the least bit of romantic. Who in this entre world would threaten their girlfriend to get good grades if she wants to go out on dates with him? Well apparently there is Myungsoo.” Jiyeon’s shoulder slumped. She really want to go out with Myungsoo, but with this rules of his, she practically think she’ll never go out on dates for another 10 years. If there is anything she hates the most, it’s studying. It’s one of the lists of things she find really impossible to put her heart and mind into. And yet that is exactly what he demands from her.

 

“Well I think he is romantic enough that he wanted you to graduate properly without failing your exams.” Qri said. “If I were…” she trailed off as she saw the person who had just entered the school cafeteria with his three best friends.

 

Taeyang. Together with Seungri, G-Dragon and Daesung.

 

As he was taking his food, she saw the bandage around his left hand. God, it must have hurt so much.

 

“Qri ah, you were saying something?” Jiyeon called out.

 

Giving herself a mental attitude adjustment, she shook her head. “Nothing, just forget it.” But despite of her attempt to not to look, she found herself staring at him again. This time she was studying the little details that she had never given any attention too.

 

Wait. Why am I being like this? I’m supposed to be scared of him, but instead I find him to be completely alluring. Hell, I’m going mad right now. Qri closed her eyes tightly so that she could get rid of this stupid thoughts that’s running through her like wildfire.

 

But when she opened them back, she saw Taeyang looking right at her. Her whole body went rigid and she pursed her lips together. Many different emotion was running inside of her that she felt as if she was about to burst any moment now.

 

After what seem like an eternity-but in reality it was just a few seconds- Taeyang looked away and Qri was finally able to relax a little bit.

 

Fuhhh....that was intense.

 

 

Jiyeon's face when she was talking about Myungsoo...lol!