Back Home

Ocean Songs Of Doubts & Denials (English Vers.)

AUTHORS NOTE: Sorry! Have been very busy. Yuuiki is currently on her senior year and scarcely have any time to write anything at all. Youngie is busy too. But here is the final chapter. Enjoy! And thanks for reading this story!

 

*****

 

Sometimes, important things could be forgotten easily. Like when the photoshoot ended and Siwon forgot the promise to himself that he would search for Kibum afterward. And it only took a sentence to make him forgot it all.

"Hey Siwon, wanna have dinner together?"

Damn it Hankyung.

Siwon was too busy cursing inside his mind while he was seated between all of his friends.
His little siblings seemed to be able to mix up quickly. It was seen by the way they were laughing along with Sehjoon, Hankyung and Heechul. And Siwon could only stay silent...

Where is Kibum?

That was the only thing on his mind, until he realized something...

How stupid!
This is the twin sister of Kibum who's sitting right in front of me!
I should have asked her! Again!

"Umm Heechul?" Siwon called for her.
"Yah?"

"Have you seen your brother today?"

Heechul shook her head. "Not anymore after the photoshoot. The last time I saw him is when I woke up the first thing in the morning. Teehee."
Siwon scoffed in disappointment.
"But," Heechul added. "I think he's at my room now. Sleeping. That's why I'm taking away this fried rice for him."

"HEY FRIENDS!" Sehjoon shouted all of a sudden. "How about watching a horror film tonight at my room???!! If yes, I would call my sister now to prepare the DVDs. I brought a lot of them..."

"Wait... Aren't you sharing a room with Kibum?" Siwon asked. Barely realizing the weird fact that Sehwa is in Sehjoon's room and Kibum was with Heechul when she woke up.

Sehjoon glanced at Siwon and winked. "Twins bussiness. You won't understand."

"I'm a twin too!" said Minho. "And Sulli is my twin eee..."

"I'm not willing to be your twin, Minho. It's already a disgrace to be your older sister." Sulli snapped. Her brother frowned at her response.

"So. Do you guys want to do it or not? Watching movie together." Sehjoon asked again.

"Of course!!!" They answered together.

****

Heechul's Room

"What did I say? He's here!" said Heechul. She immediately approached her brother, who was curling up on her bed. Hankyung followed behind her.

"Oppa hey... Are you asleep?" She shook him lightly. But Kibum stayed in his curling up position.

He only shook his head without looking at her.

"Have you eaten?"

He shook his head again.

"Aishh oppa don't be like that. I brought you fried rice. Do you want it? And I don't want to hear your silence. You HAVE to answer me!"

"No... I don't want it." Kibum opened up. His voice was thick with agony.

"Hey, Hee's twin. We are going to watch a horror movie with the others at Sehjoon's room. Make sure that you're going to join us," said Hankyung.

"No... I don't want to." Kibum repeated his words earlier.

"You have to. Because if you don't, the ghost would probably be the one who is going to fetch you here," Hankyung stated and then smirked.

Kibum suddenly got up. His face sour and full of frown. "Alright I'll come."

*****

Finally, after being 'threatened' by Hankyung, Kibum got up from the bed to wash his face and change his clothes.

"Chullie..." He whined.

"You ready?" His sister asked as she put down the fried rice she brought to him. Kibum only nodded when she tried to help him to put on his shoes. "Kajja, oppa."


***

"What about The Conjuring???" Minho suggested.

"Eum! Good one..." Sehwa responded. "What about the others?" Sehwa

"I agree. Moreover I haven't seen that movie," Hankyung said. He seated himself on the left of Heechul because Kibum was already sitting on her right.

"Okay! The Conjuring, then..." Sehjoon confirmed and started to prepare for it.

Siwon settled himself beside Kibum and poked the cute boy with his elbow. Kibum didn't react.

"Kibummie?" He called for the boy.

"Eum?" Kibum answered shortly without even bother to turn his head to him.

"Kibummie.... Wae...."

"Oppaaaa!!!!!" Sulli's voice was cutting off his words. "Can I watch the movie with you and your friends?"
"Sure."

No one seems to notice the irritated stare that Kibum had to Sulli when she cuddled close to Siwon, and got ready to watch the movie beside him.

No one.


***


Finally the movie starts. The beginning wasn't too terrifying. But Sulli was already scared and hid her face behind Siwon's shoulder and clutching on his sleeves.

Seeing the two suddenly makes Kibum aware of the fact that everyone was sitting in pairs. Sehjoon with Sehwa. Hankyung and Heechul. Minho and Taemin. And last, Siwon and Sulli. Kibum was the only one who was all by himself. He didn't really mind horror movies, for real. He had seen enough cadavers and human corpses in his forensic stage. But that was not the problem. He just felt so irritated to see Siwon comforthing Sulli like that as if they had known each other for a lifetime.

Kibum folded up his knees and rested his chin on it. Frowning as always.

When the movie reached the , Kibum glanced at Siwon just to see him and Sulli hugging each other as Siwon whispered some words of comfort. "Gwenchana, Ssul... It's just a movie. It's not real. Gwenchana."

Everyone has a limit. And Kibum has reached his own at the moment. He got up and left the room with a slam on the door. Leaving the others stunned by his behaviour.

Heechul, who was hiding behind Hankyung most of the time, looked up and stared at the door. She sighed irritatedly. "What's wrong with him now?" And was going to stand up before realizing that Siwon was quicker. "I will go after him." He didn't let out any words when he left the room.

Silence came afterward. They awkwardly tried to get their attention back to the movie. But in just a few minutes, Sulli got up and declared that she would go too. "I think I have to go. Something's wrong with them." She said.

Yeah something's wrong.
Terribly wrong.
Heechul thought bitterly.


*****

Siwon felt as if he was the main character in some sort of repetitive movie.

Standing in front of Kibum's hotel room.
Guessing that Kibum was crying inside.
Siwon was busy asking himself why he always failed to figure out why the cute boy always fell into a bad mood at unpredictable times.

He knocked the door. No answer. And it was locked. It would be such a stupid decision to break it open.
In the middle of his frantic thoughts, he noticed a janitor who was cleaning the windows.

"Excuse me..."

The janitor turned to him. "Yes?"

"Did you see someone enter this room?"

She shook her head. "No. I've been here for 20 minutes now, sir."

And Kibum left for only like 10 minutes ago.

"Oh. Thanks anyway!" said Siwon quickly before he began his search again.

*****

Choi Sulli felt guilty for no particular reason. Yes. She was trailing down the hotel's corridors without any certain direction. Was she looking for someone? If yes, who? Her big brother? Or Heechul's twin brother?
One thing that she was sure of, is the fact that she would be grateful if she ever finds one of them.

In the end, her feet brought her to the hotel's swimming pool and garden area. The night wind blew gently on her face when she stepped out.

Sulli didn't need to waste time to notice a playground site not far from where she was standing. The playground was quite big and colorful and contrasted with the night sky like a color splash photography. She felt like she had to come closer to it. And she really did.

She squinted her eyes when she glimpsed someone was sitting on the top of a red slide with small house roof shielding him from the stars. He was sitting alone and sulking.

"Hello???" Sulli tried to greet him awkwardly. He flinched and turned to Sulli. And yes, he was Kim Kibum. Sulli smiled and waved up to him. But he only stared at her coldly.

Sulli was lost for words. It has been a long time since someone would look at her with that kind of hatred. Heavens... What had she done?

Either way, Sulli then found a way to climb up, crawled, and seated herself behind him.

"Why did you run away?" She inquired softly. He didn't answer.
"Something's wrong?" No respond.
He didn't even want to turn his head to her.

Sulli inhaled deeply and confessed. "My brother... He was so worried. He's looking for you now. But tough luck for him because I found you first instead of him..." She tried to chuckle.

This time, Kibum reacted. "Your brother?" He asked defensively. Still hesitating to look at her.

Sulli nodded. "Yeah we're siblings of four. And Choi Siwon, he's my big brother and the second child. I'm the third one," she explained.

GLEK

Shame.
That was how Kibum feels at the moment.
Oh angels...
How many times should he become. a fool to misunderstandings?
Why did his ego always work faster than his brain?

In the haze of confuse, Kibum turned his head to his back.

Choi Sulli.

Yes. That little sister of Choi Siwon was attractive just like her older brother. And Kibum had misunderstood about her and ran away for some stupid reasons.

Sulli smiled to him and his shoulder before she pointed out "there.... He found us," to the end of slide. Kibum followed her finger and glimpsed Siwon sitting on the end of the slide as if he was going to catch anything that falls from the slide.

"Where have you been? Come here."

Kibum blushed and didn't have any idea on what to do until Sulli decided to push him gently so that he would fall... But there is someone to catch him down there.


*****

Meanwhile at the seashore of an isolated beach near the hotels....

Two people were seen walking side by side.

"Kibummie... Can I ask you something?" Siwon started the conversation.

"Ya. Hyungie wants to ask me what, eoh?" Kibum asked as he tilted his head.

"Kibummie why did you often get angry with me?"

"Eoh? Angry? Like what???" The cute namja was confused.

"U..umm... For example like when I was with Sulli... You were angry, right?" Siwon tried to explain.

"Eum... Molla hyung... It's just that I felt uncomfortable," Kibum answered simply.

Siwon felt his heart skipped a beat. "What do you mean?"

"Hurt here," Kibum replied and pointed to his chest.

Siwon couldn't seem to find the right words. "E...eh... Can you mention the times when the 'hurts' occur? You aren't sick, right?"

"Nooo! I know if I'm sick or not. I'm a doctor!" Kibum giggled. "But yah..." He started as he kicked the sand while he walks as if it would help him to say the right words. "The first time I felt it was when you were too busy talking to my sister. At Jimbaran Bay, remember? It was the first time and it has tortured me eversince."

"Is that true?? Then how are you feeling at the times when we're together?" Siwon asked carefully.

"Eum... I feel so eased and just so happy that I want to jump and sing the songs of the oceans."

"Songs of the oceans?" Siwon chuckled.

"Ocean songs," Kibum asserted. "You make me happy and it's just so weird because it gave out some impacts on my heart and my stomach. Sometimes if something's really wrong with me. But my cardiology textbook is too far back home so...." The cute boy smiled. "What is your conclusion to my situation, hyung?"

Siwon smiled back and Kibum's hair. "Aniyo Kibummie... I don't think that you're sick..."

"Then what is it, hyung? Have I developed some kind of 'Siwonnism Syndrome?'" He joked playfully.

"Hahaha... You're funny, Bummie."

"Aishh hyung! Is it so hard to tell me about what's wrong with me?"

As the answer, Siwon took Kibum's smaller hands and wrapped them in his bigger ones. They were silent. The waves were the only ones to create sounds.
Kibum felt as if his guts were full of butterflies when Siwon started to talk in such a soft voice.

"Kibummie...." He started. "Do you know that... Every single thing you feel. Every single one... I feel it too. There are butterflies. There are ocean songs. And sometimes I also felt a pang of jealousy when you get too close to your twin sister. Well, I know that you two are twins but believe me... You look nothing alike with her. Hardly even look related so... Forgive my stupidity," Siwon laughed awkwardly. "But yeah... You're not alone. Never alone. And I just want to say that I... I'm in love with you."

This time it was Kibum's turn to be stunned and couldn't say a single world.

"Uljimaa... What is your answer?" Siwon asked playfully.

"N-na... Nado saranghae Siwonnie-hyung..." Kibum answered shyly. Siwon hugged him for his response.

"I really adore you..." Siwon confessed and leaned in. Closer until their lips met in a sweet and gentle kiss.

"YAAA!!!! GET A ROOM YOU TWO!!!" Shouted Heechul from afar. She was alone and then laughing like crazy before Kibum decided to chase her for breaking up his moments. Heechul squealed and ran along the shore with her brother. Siwon grinned at the sight.


*****



Time flies so fast and suddenly they were already on the night where Sehjoon did a briefing about their departure back to Korea tomorrow.

"We’re going on a late night flight, so we can sleep and we will arrive in the morning,” said Sehjoon. “You all better stay at the hotel tomorrow until the time comes for us to depart to the airport. Okay? Alright then you may retire to your own rooms.”

After everyone has left, Siwon approached Kibum from behind and gave him a quick kiss. “Good night, Bummie. Have a nice dream!”

Kibum blushed. “Y..ya… you too, hyung.”

Heechul tried to suppress her smile. “Euuuhh Kibum-oppa.. where are you going to sleep tonight? Siwon-oppa’s room?” she teased. Meanwhile, Hankyung was too stunned to move. “…. So.. both of them.. ehh???” Heechul shut him up. “Love is love. Who are you to judge? Let them be…”

“Love, eh?” Hankyung replied skeptically. “I think I’ll find out about It too. Sooner or later. But maybe sooner.”


*****

On the next day, they chose to swim at the hotel’s swimming pool like children. Sehwa and Heechul sat on the side of the pool. Heechul on the edge with her feet dipped up to the knees. Sehwa right behind her. “Your hair looks amazing. Can I braid it?”

Heechul nodded. “Yup.”

 

Sehwa was halfway done with braiding Heechul’s hair when she spoke up. “Kibum… he looks happier, isn’t he?”

Heechul grinned happily. “He is….” She glanced at Kibum who was playing water volley with the others before Hankyung by taking the ball before he got to throw it. Kibum gave him a slight frown but eventually broke into a laugh.

“He shines brighter…” Sehwa mused. “Are you happy to see him like that, Hee?”

“Of course I’m happy. We hardly talk to each other since he entered the Medical Faculty. He always looks so serious until I brought him here and see his real self. He has a soft-heart and it needs to be protected by someone. I’m grateful that I am here. With him. Because he finally found the right one to protect him.”

“Yes. Place does matter, Chul-a… and they look good for each other too.”

 

By then, Kibum and Siwon were already playing the volley in one team and gave out their best shots to the opposite team.

 

“How about you, Chul-a? Have you find that someone?”

“Eh??”

Sehwa giggled. “Sorry… was it a sensitive question? I mean… You and Kibum are twinsies. I thought if Kibum had found someone to protect him, then you must did too.”

Heechul opened to say something, but was stopped when she felt something tugging on her foot. She turned to see Hankyung got his grip on both of her feet now. “Hey princess… why don’t you swim?” he grinned.

“No, I don’t.” she replied quickly. “I hate you.” It was half a lie.

 

Hankyung frowned. “Can you push her, Sehwa? Do it for me, pretty please?”

“Wait what???!”

“My pleasure!”


Like it or not, Heechul had to join the others in the swimming pool. They actually wanted to get Sehwa to join them as well but Sehjoon was quicker to remind them that his twin was a bit unwell. After an hour, they got out to clean themselves and prepare for their departure to the airport.

 

*****

8 hours of flight excluding some transits, they finally arrived at Incheon at the morning. After taking care of everything including the baggage claim, Sehjoon and Sehwa were the ones who got to leave first. But before that, Sehjoon threw a folded paper to Heechul.

“Ouch!” she screeched. “What is this, oppa?”

“List of e-mails,” Sehjoon grinned. “Haruna’s, Stella’s, Aimee’s… everyone. Don’t say that you’re not going to miss them.”

Heechul couldn’t hide her smile when she kept the paper close to her chest. “Thank you, oppa.”

Sehjoon chuckled as he put an arm around his twin sister. “You’re welcome. We’ll go first, okay.” And then they left the airport on their own.

After the rest of them decided to go to a small store to buy some snacks, it was Hankyung’s turn to excuse himself. Heechul was the very last for him to approach. And when he was standing right in front of her, he leaned in and whispered. “Don’t call me a creeper, but I got your number from Sehjoon. So… don’t be surprised if I suddenly text you, okay?”

“You’re a creeper!” She teased and pushed him softly. He laughed and planted a kiss on her cheek. “See you sometimes later, Hee.”

“See you.”

And then it was only Heechul, Siwon, Kibum, Sulli, Minho and Taemin.

 

“Are you going to be picked up here?” Sulli asked to Heechul.

 

“Yes. Our older brother will pick us up,” Heechul replied.

 

“Oh that’s nice. My older sister will pick us up too,” said Sulli.


*****

"Yunnieeeee…” Jaejoong whined softly as she clinged to her lover’s arm.

 

“Waeyo, boo?”

 

“Why does it take so long for them to come out? I’m getting tired here,” she pouted.

 

“Aishh… ne, it takes them a lot of time indeed. What about having a seat and a coffee?”

 

“Good idea, Yun.. hihi.” Jaejoong giggled.

 

“Arraseo, beauty. Kajja.. kajja..” said Yunho as he took his girlfriend’s hand and brought her to the coffee shop nearby.


*****

"Aah Yunho-oppa is the king of changing his mind! Now he said he is waiting for us at the coffee shop outside!” Heechul growled as she tried to balance the act of walking, reading her cellhone, and leading her baggage all at once.

"My sister moved to that coffee shop too,” said Sulli. “What a coincidence.”

When the six of them came out from the airport’s main arrival gate, They could see Yunho and Jaejoong sitting together in the coffee shop.

 

“That’s them!!!” Kibum squealed and let go of Siwon’s hand to shout. “HYUUUUNNNGGG!!!!”

And he rushed to hug his older brother from behind. Making Yunho almost spill his coffee. “Hyung bogoshippoooo!!!”


"Aigoo uti Kibummie has become more spoiled now, eoh?” Yunho laughed and hugged him back.
" Oppaaaa bogoshippooo," Heechul joined her siblings and created a group hug.

 "Aigoo chullie nado bogoshippo bae dongsaeng," Yunho said to his younger sister and her hair.

"Noonaa , wae wasseo?" Siwon asked to Jaejoong and gave her a quick hug.

" AAHHH!! Noonaaa!!!” Minho squealed and cling to his eldest sister.

 

“You’re still so spoiled, Minho,” Jaejoong giggled. “I’m glad that you guys are finally seeing each other.”


"Hold up…” said Sulli, who suddenly came into realization. “So… my sister is going to marry someone. And that someone has younger siblings…. Which happens to be…” she glanced at the twins. Kibum and Heechul stared back at her and nodded. “AH FORGET IT!” Sulli then laughed out loud. “We’re going to be a big happy family yeay!”

 

“And there will be two couples!” Heechul announced loudly. “It’s them!” she pointed at Siwon and Kibum.

 

 “Eh.. you two?” said Yunho. Kibum blushed while Siwon could only smile and nodded. “Eum, ne… hyung… Can I be his partner?”

 

“Of course you can, Siwon-a… but don’t ever hurt this little brother of mine, okay?”

 

“Ne hyung kamsahabnida. I will protect him and keep him safe.” Siwon gave Yunho a thumb up.

Yunho tapped Siwon’s shoulder. “Then, I’ll keep your words.”

 

Heechul glanced at her phone. “Umma just called.:

 

“Okay we will ride the car now. With eight people and luggages!” Yunho declared.

 

“Eight?!?!” Taemin squeaked.

 

“Ya! Joongie didn’t want to ride her car alone so we decided to go together to pick you guys up. Don’t worry, Choi siblings and Taemin. I will you to your homes!” He insisted.

Heechul tapped her forehead. “Duh… oppa…”

 

But they eventually walked side by side to the parking lot. All smiles and ready to be squished up along the ride back home.

 

A new story could have begun.

 

But this time, with no more doubts and denials.

 

FIN