Dreamland

Ocean Songs Of Doubts & Denials (English Vers.)

 

Ocean Songs of Doubts & Denials Ch. 2

 

*** **

 

Next day 

 

The morning sunshine peeked from the gap of the curtains. Tickling the sweet faces of Kibum and Heechul who were still sleeping like babies.

But eventually, Kibum's eyes started to flutter open. It didn't take him long before he sat up on the bed lazily and rubbed his still sleepy eyes. When he was finally conscious of his surroundings, he found out that he wasn't alone in the bed. For his twin sister, Heechul, was sleeping beside him.

 

"C-chullie-aaa... Ireonnaaa... Paliiiii...." He tried to wake her.

 

In their family, Heechul was famous as the hardest one to be woken up. So, it wasn't a surprise when she just responded Kibum's voices with her hands moving up to cover her ears.

 

"Chullie-aaa! Paliii ireonnaaa!!" This time, Kibum was shouting. 

 

And it worked.

 

"W-wae?" Heechul asked sleepily as she was trying to sit up on the bed.

 

"Ireona! It's six o'clock now..." 

 

Heechul yawned. "Eo? six o'clock? ohhhh----MWO????" 

 

In no time, Heechul was already running around the room of hers and Kibum's frantically. Her brother could only giggle at the hilarious sight.

 

"YA KIM KIBUM!! INSTEAD OF LAUGHING AT ME WHY DON'T YOU TRY TO HELP MEEE!!" shouted Heechul. Kibum could only nod before he got out of the bed.

 

 

*** **

 

The twins and the manager later headed to the Dreamland Beach. A beautiful beach with warm white sands and blue calm waters. The view was spectacular and everyone were captivated by the beauty of it.

 

"Chullie-a, palli. We'll be heading to that crew over there," called the manager. 

 

"Ne arra..." replied Heechul. "Kajja, Kibum-oppa!" She called to her brother who was playing with the splashing seawater on his feet.

"Bummie oppaaaa!!!! Palli!!!" 

"Yaaa!" He shouted back before he trotted back to his twin sister.

 

Little did they know that among all the people who were preparing the photoshoot's set, a namja was locking his gaze on the twins.

 

 

*****

 

 

"Sehjoon! Where is the model?" asked a woman with blonde hair and green eyes, who happened to be the make-up artist.

"She's right beside me," replied Heechul's manager. "Chullie, this is Stella Calgett. She's the make-up artist for the models in this project."

 

Heechul eagerly reached out and shook hands with the blonde.

 

"Heechul."

"Stella."

 

Stella tilted her head to get a better sight of Kibum, whose eyes were still wondering at the scenery around him.

"And the other one?" 

 

"Ah, he's Heechul's brother. He came along because this girl wasn't permitted to go all alone," the manager explained.

 

"So...your name is Sehjoon?" chirped Kibum out of the blue.

 

"Han Sehjoon, it is." The manager nodded in agreement.

 

Kibum nodded repeatedly before he tapped Sehjoon's shoulder. "Hey...what should I do to kill time while waiting for my sister to be done with the photoshoot?" He whispered.

 

"You can play in the beach if you want. But make sure you don't get too close with the sets," Sehjoon suggested.

Kibum almost squealed. "For real?" 

"Of course! Have fun!" said Sehjoon before Kibum dashed toward the beach while laughing happily. Leaving his sister and Stella to giggle at his innocent attitude.

 

 

*****

 

 

"Waaaahh!!!" Kibum ran back to the coast and feel the ripple of waves crashing on his feet again. He smiled in delight as he felt the wind his pretty face.

 

"Ugh! I am really happy right now! UMMAAAAA APPAAAAA!!!! Hihihi."

 

He continued to ran around the coast. He was full of excitement.

He may be cool and all professional when he's working at the hospital. But he won't let anything disturb his cheerful self for now.

 

"Uwaah! Aegiii!" He squealed again as he sees a little boy was standing on the top of a coral reef not far from him. He approached the boy with just a few steps ahead.

 

"Hey!" He greeted the little boy.

The little boy then turned his head and smiled back before he greeted Kibum back with a language which cannot be understood by Kibum.

 

Suddenly, a voice of a woman was heard from behind them. Kibum turned and found a woman was trying to get the child off the reef. Seems like she was this little boy's mother.

 

The kid then jumped to his mother's arms. The mother passed a quick glance and smiled at Kibum before the two of them left.

 

"This beach is just too beautiful to be true!" Kibum continued to admire the scenery from the top of the reef. He didn't know that somewhere not far from where his feet was standing, a namja was staring at him and was smiling as well.

 

"I want to get closer to the water," Kibum mumbled to himself. "Otte? It would be okay I wouldn----WAAAAHHHH!!!!!"

 

GRAB

"Eoh?"

BLUSH

 

Kibum's face turned red as he sees the one who held his hips to prevent him from falling off the reef.

"Gwenchana?" He asked with his manly voice.

 

"Eum." Kibum took a moment to stabilized his feet and got rid of the namja's grip, while at the same time wondering why this guy was there with him as well. Coincidence? Not.

 

"Gomawo, Siwon-ssi..." Kibum barely had the voice to express his gratitude toward the namja.

 

"Do not stand over there. It's slippery. Kajja it would be better if we get off," replied Siwon. He then lead Kibum to get back to the seashore.

 

Kibum was going to ask Siwon about why he was in this place as well. It was too coincidental. But before Kibum could open his mouth, a distant voice of Stella was calling.

 

"Siwon! The models are ready! Get over here!"

 

A quick realization then struck over the pretty boy.

 

Choi Siwon is the photographer whom Heechul talked about in the airport earlier.

 

"Alright!!!" Siwon shouted back. "I'm sorry, I have to work now." He smiled before he ran back to the sets. Leaving Kibum, who could only nod as the response.

 

The rest of the day was spent with Kibum watching over the whole process of the photo shoot. His eyes wouldn't grew tired of watching Siwon's proffesionalism with his work. It was as if Siwon and his camera shared the same soul. Kibum was delighted to see his twin sister too. Heechul looked more beautiful than ever. And it was the first time for Kibum to see his sister doing her job. He then wondered if Heechul will ever get the chance to see him working in the hospital.

 

The evening then started to sets in without him noticing, as the sun began to slip down. Leaving  the red and orange tinge painted on the sky above his head

 

“The Tyndall effect,” he smiled quietly.

 

“Oppaaa!”a voice calling for him was breaking his thoughts.

He turned his head to see Heechul was standing beside him.

 

“Are you done yet?” He asked his sister.

 

"I’m done! Sorry to keep you waiting. Now, we will go back to the hotel with Siwon-ssi, Stella, and Sehjoon-oppa!”

 

"Arraseo kajja.." Kibum took his sister’s hand and lead her to the set. After they said goodbye to the casts and crews, they headed to the parking lot where Sehjoon, Siwon, and Stella had been waiting for them.

 

 Inside his mind, Kibum was curious about how Siwon could be in the same hotel with him and his twin sister. Clearly, he hasn’t seen that guy yesterday, or anywhere near or inside the hotel. But he just shrugged it off.

 

As they settled theirselves in the car, Kibum noticed that the position was quite disappointing. He sat on the right side, Heechul beside him, and Siwon on the other side.

 

Kibum also felt like he was being ignored as Sehjoon drove the car forward with Stella beside him, and Siwon and Heechul were lost in their own conversation. Sehjoon was talking and laughing with Stella on the front seat. Heechul and Siwon were doing the same thing as well.

 

Kibum started to pout. He suddenly felt uneasy. Not for Sehjoon and Stella. But for Siwon and Heechul.

 

“Stella and I, will take the lead tonight!”

Sehjoon’s voice brought Kibum back from his mind of mess.

 

“Aren’t we going back to the hotel now?” Heechul and Siwon chorused together.

Kibum felt more uneasy with that. And the reason was unknown even to himself.

 

“Aren’t you hungry?” asked Stella.

 

Siwon, Heechul, dan Kibum fell silent. They were suddenly aware about the fact that they haven’t had any mealtime since afternoon. And now the clock showed that it was 5PM at the local time.

 

“Ya. Up to you, then.” Siwon asserted. “To be honest, I really am hungry,” he then whispered to Heechul before the two of them giggled.

Kibum’s frown grew even more.

 

"Alright. Then we’ll have our dinner in….hmmm any good place, Stella?” Sehjoon inquired.

 

“Jimbaran Bay Seafood. Here I’ll show you how to get there,” Stella replied.

 

And without waiting for any approvals, Sehjoon immediately brought the four of Stella, Siwon, Heechul, and Kibum to Jimbaran Bay Seafood.

 

*****

 

They were seated right away as they arrived in one of the most famous seaside restaurant. Kibum chose to sit between Sehjoon and Stella with Heechul and Siwon sitting across them. He suspected that Heechul and Siwon would only talk to each other again. And his prediction was true.

 

Even when their foods arrive, Siwon and Heechul would still drawn in their conversations. Kibum ate his food with frowns. While Stella and Sehjoon looked satisfied. They considered that the improving of relationship between Siwon and Heechul was a good thing. Every photographer and the model would need a good relationship for a good result of the works.

 

“Kibum-a?” Once again, Sehjoon’s call to Kibum’s name saved his life from being abstracteded.

 

“Ne hyung?”

 

“How is the food eoh? Masshisseo?”

 

Kibum nodded. "Its good."

Sehjoon looked like he was conscious of Kibum’s attitude which showed discomfort.

 

“Anyway guys. Tomorrow’s free of any schedule. Want to go to the waterbom?” Sehjoon offered

 

"Yes!” Heechul was the first one to answer with enthusiasm.

 

“How about Stella and Siwon-ssi?” Sehjoon asked again

 

“I’m okay with that," Stella immediately agreed. Sehjoon glanced at Siwon. “How about you?”

 

Siwon smiled. “I’m going if Kibum’s going as well.”

 

“Eh? Na? wae na?” Kibum asked. Surprised with Siwon’s answer.

 

“Cliché,” Siwon said smugly. “So that I would have a friend with a small . If with Sehjoon hyung, I think he’s more like an ahjussi to me.”

 

“Oh,” Kibum muttered while the four of them laughed at Siwon’s comment.

 

 

Just a friend. He’s only a friend.