Waterbom

Ocean Songs Of Doubts & Denials (English Vers.)

After having their dinner, the five of them went back to the hotel after dropping Stella off to her house near the Kuta beach.

"How lucky she is to live in here," Siwon mused.

"Indeed," Sehjoon agreed while at the same time concentrating on the road. "By the way, Siwon-ssi, is your room located on the first floor?" 

"Second floor," Siwon corrected.

 

Kibum held his breath. The second floor is precisely where his and Heechul's room are located as well. He stole a glance at his twin sister to see her reaction. But she was seen sleeping beside him. He sighed in relief at the sight. It means she didn't hear anything and therefore doesn't know about the fact that their rooms are on the same floor as Siwon's.

 

*****

 

"Hyung, what about Heechul? She's sleeping. And it doesn't look like she would be easily awaken," Siwon asked to Sehjoon as soon as they arrived in the parking space near the hotel.

 

"Eoh? Why don't you carry her. I'm so tired jinjja. Mianhae ne Siwon-ssi?"

 

Kibum's eyes got wider at Sehjoon's answer.

"NO! Let me! She's my little sister!" He automatically yelled defensively.

 

Siwon raised his eyebrow at the sudden change of attitude of the pretty boy.

 

Kibum was conscious of Siwon's glare. He then smiled awkwardly and scooped up his sister and put her on his back.

 

"Are you sure you're strong enough?" Siwon asked with the tone of worry and a hint of underestimate.

 

"Of course I am!" Kibum almost protested. "Eventhough people keep telling me that I am pretty, I sure am strong! And carrying my twin sister like this, is another small matter for me."

 

Siwon raised his eyebrow again and giggled. "Yeah, you sure are pretty."

 

Hearing that, Kibum's face started to blush.

 

"Alright. I'm going in now. See you tomorrow!" Siwon waved before he left them. Sehjoon could only chuckle at the scene he just witnessed.

 

*****

 

Kibum was struggling to open the door to his room with the card. It was difficult to do, because at the same time he had to keep his sister steady on his back. Otherwise, they'd fall.

 

He tried and tried. But keep on failing. He sighed in annoyance. Feeling like he could broke down in tears at anytime.

 

Suddenly he felt a presence of someone beside him and his sister. He turned to see Siwon was offering his hand. "Here, let me help you."

 

A few seconds later, the door was succesfully opened. 

 

"G-gomawo...."

 

Siwon just smiled before he turned around and headed to his own room.

 

*****

 

After putting Heechul back on her bed, Kibum walked to his own room and took his pyjamas before he entered the bathroom.

 

Inside the bathroom, he could endlessly thinking about what happened in Jimbaran. He frowned at the thoughts. His heart felt like it was being burnt. And he didn't know why.

 

"Am I really jealous?" He muttered to himself. He shook his head afterward. "No no no! Impossible! It's impossible! I do not like that photographer! I am not!"

 

Feeling all delusional, he got up from the bathtub to cleanse himself in the shower. Hoping that all his pain would be washed away as well.

 

After dressing up, he curled up on the bed as he seeks for comfort. With earphones plucked to his ears, he fell asleep with the lullaby.

 

*****

 

The following morning, Kibum hesitated to wake up from his sleep. He felt like he would get ignored again, just like yesterday. but Heechul insisted to have breakfast with just the two of them. So they woke up earlier.

 

Lazily, he followed his sister downstairs.

 

"Oppa, why are you so silent?" Heechul asked softly as they arrived at the breakfast spot.

 

"Ah I'm okay." Kibum denied.

 

"You look like you're in a badmood, oppa. Alright, I'll take the food. You just sit here, okay?" Heechul offered.

 

Kibum was going to refuse. But Heechul was faster to lead him to the nearest table and took a seat for him.

"You wait here," she said.

 

A few minutes later, Heechul returned with her hands full of plates of french toasts, omelettes, and pancakes.

"If oppa want to eat something else, just take them by yourself, okay? But I guess you like these."

"Eum," Kibum could only nod as he took some of the food to his plate.

 

The twins ate their breakfast in silence. Just like when they were in the Incheon's Coffee Shop 2 days ago.

 

"Oppa," Heechul opened her voice.

"Ne?"

"Your current attitude....is it because of me? Am I doing something wrong?" Heechul asked nervously as she twirled her hair.

 

"Anniyo. Why do you think so?" Kibum replied carelessly as he sliced his omelette.

 

"N-no. Because if it really is, then I'd like to apologize for anything that might have pissed you off, oppa." said his sister. Kibum muttered "hmm" in return as the confirmation of her words.

 

*****

 

@ Waterbom

 

The twins once again caught the attention from the people around them as soon as they arrived. But now with Siwon, Sehjoon, and Stella, they gained even more staring eyes.

 

"Oppa kajjaaa!" Heechul shouted to Kibum and Siwon before she led them to the changing room.

"Palli. We meet again here after done changing ne?" She asked and she got her answer by the nods of the two namjas. "Bye bye oppadeul!"

 

Awkwardness then started to set in between Kibum and Siwon as soon as Heechul was gone from their sight. They fell silent and none of them trying to make any noise.

 

"Kajja. We change to our swimsuits then," Siwon was the one who entered the changing room first. Kibum following behind him.

 

*****

 

After they were done changing, they came back to the gazebo which was rented by Sehjoon to put their belongings and to be the assembly point as well.

Stella was already dressed up in her swimsuit by then. While Sehjoon was still in his outfit, looking slightly nervous.

 

"Chul-a, you'll need some sunblock. Here let me apply it for you," Stella offered. Heechul nodded, "thanks."

 

After the girls were done putting on their sunblock, Heechul passed it to Siwon. "You guys need it too."

 

Siwon could apply the sunblock without any struggle. But for Kibum...well, he's always helpless. He found difficulties on applying the sunblock cream to his .

 

"Igeo ottokhaee..." He whined. Siwon then took the sunblock without any warning. Kibum was no less than surprised. "What are you doing???"

 

Feeling all innocent, Siwon replied as he applied the sunblock to the pretty boy's back. "Calm down. I know you can't do it alone. I will help you."

 

"Gomawo..."

"Cheonmaneyo."

 

And all of sudden, Kibum was aware that Heechul was staring at him in a weird way.

 

He was aware. He knew it. But he chose to just shrug it off.

 

"Everyone's ready?" Stella asked enthusiastically.

 

"Ready!" said everyone, except Sehjoon. Instead, it was his phone's ringtone which was heard from inside his pocket.

 

"Hello? Ah, you. Yes, I'm sorry I was busy. But of course I remember about that. No, I wouldn't hang up until you.." His voice sound so soft. It was unknown to whom he was talking to. But he gestured the four of Heechul, Stella, Siwon and Kibum to go on without him.

 

*****

 

"Where are we heading now?" asked Heechul as they were passing through the pools and waterslides within the area.

 

"Okay, stop right here and decide which one to ride first," said Stella.

 

"What about that one?" Siwon suggested as he pointed to a waterslide with a tunnel covering the half bottom side of it.

 

"Excellent choice," Stella praised. "That one's name is Macaroni. Could bear one or two riders at a time."

 

"Alright. Can I ride with you?" Siwon immediately asked Kibum.

"Me???" Kibum was surprised.

"Yes, you.."

 

Heechul started to look uncomfortable. "I should ride with Stella, then eh? But... I'm scared."

 

Kibum scoffed in slight annoyance. "Alright then you'll ride with him."

 

"Ah, no." Stella cut out quickly. "Chul-a can ride with me. This waterslide is not as scary as it seems. Don't worry, Chullie."

Heechul frowned slightly. "Okay then. I'm with you, Stella."

 

Kibum could scarcely hide his smile and not thanking Stella for what has she done.

 

The boys were the first to run and took the tube for two. Followed closely by the girls behind them.

 

"Maybe it’s better to be with you after all," Heechul mused. "so we can have some girly talks."

"Well, that's what I mean," Stella winked.

"Anyway I'm wondering about the one who was talking to Sehjoon-oppa on the phone..."

 

Stella was silent for a second. "I think it was his younger sister."

 

"Oppa has a sister?" It was unexpected for Heechul.

 

"Ya." Stella replied quickly. "Here, help me to carry this thing." 

Heechul took the back side of the tube. "How did you know?"

"I'm guessing. He has photos of a pretty girl who looks just like him, only with longer hair. I guess they are twins."

 

Heechul was lost for words. "I didn't know anything about that."

 

Stella smiled. "He doesn't like to reveal his personal life too much, maybe. Hey, look at that!" She added as she pointed at the top of the stairs which headed to the launcher of the ride, where Kibum and Siwon were waving at them. “Come on!”

 

When the four of them are on the top, Siwon, Heechul and Stella were ready tl be launched. But then Siwon noticed something was wrong. Because Kibum was still left behind.

 

“Kibum-a?” siwon called for him. The pretty boy was staring at the slide. He was trembling slightly.

 

“N-ne?” He replied nervously.

“Kajja, palli…. Heechul and Stella are ready. We’re going first.”

“Oppadeul, we go first okay!” shouted Heechul. Siwon sets his thumb up to her.

 

“I’m scared, hyung…” Kibum’s voice almost went down into a whimper.

 

“Mwoo?!?! Ya neo namja anitji??” siwon then found himself guffawing. Kibum pouted angrily as he stomped his feet furiously..

 

“Okay fine! Hyung you go alone!” Kibum then got ready to get down by the stairs instead of the slide. But Siwon was quicker to grab his hand.

 

“Hey…hey…kajima…. You’re a namja. You must be brave for this. Kajja…”

 

“B-but…hyung…”

 

“Ya! The ticket entrance to this place is expensive. You don’t waste your money like that, do you? Calm down. You’re with me now.”

 

“But there’s a tunnel! I’m afraid of darkness!” Kibum whined.

 

“Gwenchana. I said I’ll be with you, right? If you’re scared you can hold my hand.”

 

Dilemma started to rush into the pretty boy. He was truly afraid of dark, but he wanted to try the waterslide. After he fought his fear for a little while, he agreed. “Okay then…”

 

After that, they settled themselves on the tube with Kibum on the front side and Siwon on the back side. “Okay ready?” the guide asked. “Yeah!”

 

“One, two, three!!!!”

 

 

In no time, the tube that they were riding started to go down really fast through the waterslide. Kibum was screaming almost hysterically while Siwon was laughing….almost as hysterically as Kibum.

 

But when their tube has entered the tunnel, the streams on the slide started to slow down. And then they were trapped in complete darkness.

 

“Ya! Igeo mwoyaa?!?!” Siwon yelled in the darkness. He then searched for Kibum’s hand. When he found it, he immediately hold the trembling hand of the pretty boy. A slight cries was also heard.

 

“Ya…Kibum-a.. gwenchana?”

 

“Hiks… museowoo… hiks..”

 

“It’s okay. It’s alright. I am here,” Siwon tried to soothe him. “Hopefully it will be fixed by now.” He didn’t know what he was trying to do. But he embraced the pretty boy so that he would stop crying. And suddenly….

 

The waterstream started to work again and they were gliding even faster than before. This time, the two of them were screaming and laughing at the same time with their grips tighten on each other.

A few seconds later, they reached the end of the tunnel and were tossed to the pool. They were lucky that their tube didn’t flip. Stella and Heechul were seen waiting for them anxiously, sitting at the edge of the pool. It was unclear, but Kibum could see that his sister was staring at him weirdly…again. He immediately pulled off from Siwon’s grip.

 

“What took you so long?” Stella commented. “Chul-a and I were so fast to reach the pool.”

 

Siwon shrugged. “A little accident. We were restrained in the tunnel because the water stream suddenly stopped.”

 

“For real?” Heechul looked surprised. She then reached for Siwon. “Are you okay, Siwon-ssi?”

 

Siwon chuckled. “I’m okay. But he isn’t.” he then pointed at Kibum who was still trembling slightly.

Heechul then turned to her twin brother and his wet hair. “Oppa….are you still scared? How about resting for awhile?”

Kibum could only nod before Heechul led him back to the spot where Sehjoon was sitting and maintaining their belongings at the same time, with Stella and Siwon following behind them.

 

But it was unexpected for them to see their belongings were left unguarded inside the gazebo that they’ve rented. Luckily it looks like nothing was stolen.

 

Stella winced. “How smart of Sehjoon to leave them here. He could at least tell us to take turns on maintaining these bags.”

Siwon scoffed. “Yeah. Where is he? Maybe stuck on the Macaroni Slide?”

 

The four of them then laughed at Siwon’s comment. But fell silent again when a voice was heard from behind them.

 

“Hey!”

 

And when they turned their heads, Sehjoon was seen. But he wasn’t alone. A long-haired girl was standing beside him. She looked so beautiful, but she was hiding half of her face behind Sehjoon’s arm.

 

“Eoh? Igeo nuguyeyo, oppa?” Heechul asked as she pointed to the yeoja beside Sehjoon.

 

“Ah! Igeo this is my twin sister. Her name is Sehwa.” Sehjoon introduced. Sehwa then bowed slightly and smiled while Kibum, Siwon and Heechul did the same afterward.

 

“Sehwa ibnida.”

 

“Heechul ibnida. I’m a twin too. This is my twin brother, Kibum. And this is Siwon, and over there, her name is Stella.”

 

Sehwa smiled again as she nodded.

 

“Okay guys! What about having lunch together for now?” Stella suggested. Everyone agreed.

 

*****

 

Siwon and Kibum got their turn to buy the food while the others are waiting in the gazebo.

 

“Ya oppa. How could you leave our belongings without no one watching?”

 

“Mian…. Sehwa was already in the entrance and I had to fetch her…”

 

“Geundae… Sehwa-ssi?”

“Ne Heechul-ssi?”

“Aigoo…don’t be so formal. we should talk to each other like friends.” Heechul grinned.

“Okay,” Sehwa’s voice was really soft.

 

“Eonni, how did you go here? And Sehjoon-oppa, why haven’t you tell me anything about this twin sister of yours.”

 

Sehjoon stuck out his tongue jokingly. “You too never told me about your twin brother. So, we’re even now.”

 

Stella laughed at that. While Heechul was less amused as she feigned a frown.

 

“But really though,” Sehjoon added. “It’s hard for me to be apart from her,” he said. Regarding to the almost-identical-but-fraternal twin sister of his.

“I agree,” said Sehwa.

 

After having their lunch, Stella, Siwon, Kibum and Heechul proceeded to play within the waterbom. Meanwhile Sehjoon still refused, because Sehwa was not feeling well.

 

They were playing and playing until the twilight sets in as the sign that they had to go back to the hotel to rest.

 

*****

 

“Alright,” Sehjoon cleared his throat. “Make sure to get a good rest for tonight. Tomorrow will be an exhausting journey for us to…to where, bli?”

 

"Ubud,” the Balinese guide added.

 

“Ya, Ubud,” Sehjoon affirmed. “We will move to another hotel too. So, pack your things before you go to sleep, kids. We will check out tomorrow morning as soon as we’ve finished our breakfast. Understood?”

 

Siwon, Kibum and Heechul nodded in unison.

 

“Great. See you all tomorrow!”