Ubud Part 1

Ocean Songs Of Doubts & Denials (English Vers.)

Yuuiki's note: A search for "Ubud Bali" and "Ubud Hanging Gardens" may be necessary. The view is breathtaking and it will help you imagine the scenes ;)

 

Ps this chapter is splitted into two parts.....for reasons.

 

 

*****

 

 

After having breakfast on the morning, they were ready to go to Ubud by then.

 

"Where is Stella?" Heechul asked to Sehjoon.

 

"Oh. She's not coming. We're going to be with different models and crews in Ubud. But don't worry. We'll get back to Kuta in three days."

 

When the mini bus arrived, they immediately got in and reserved their own seats.

Heechul picked two seats at once because she said she wanted to sleep. Sehjoon and Sehwa took seats in front of Heechul. While Kibum and Siwon are left in the back side of the bus.

 

Within an hour, Heechul, and the Han twins were already asleep. While Kibum and Siwon are still wide awake.

 

Siwon was busy playing with his cameras while Kibum was reading his pulmonary text book. Minutes later, Siwon was starting to get bored. So he tried to start a conversation.

 

"Kibum-a?" Which was replied by a simple "hmm."

 

"What are you reading?"

Kibum didn't reply. He just lifted the book up so that Siwon could read the book's title. The handsome boy could only sigh.

The bus was really quiet after that. No sounds. And Siwon fell asleep in no time.

 

At first, Siwon was sleeping in a normal position. But then his head fell straight to Kibum's shoulder.

 

The pretty boy was surprised and embarassed at the same time. He tried to get away. But failed. After a long time of efforts, he fell asleep by himself.

 

 

*****

 

 

"Hey hey hey. Wake up. Wake up hey!"

 

"Mmhhh!"

 

"Nooo. I'm sleepy, hyung."

 

A heavy sigh was heard. "Damn they won't wake up. I am NOT willing to carry them."

 

And then two girls were giggling.

 

"Just leave them alone. The tour guide may succeed on waking them up."

 

"My twin brother is really delicate when it comes to mealtime. This is lunch time, right? Or is it late already?"

 

....

......

........

 

"Did someone say lunch???" Kibum was the first one to wake up. Leaving Siwon, whose sleep position came down and slumped on his seat.

 

"Yes. Come here," said his sister. Kibum took her hand as she helped him to stand up. And he rubbed his eyes like a sleepy kitten.

 

"Let's have lunch now. The staffs will take care of your belongings sooo... Just take care of yourselves here," Sehjoon informed.

 

"What about him?" Heechul asked, regarding to Siwon. Meanwhile Kibum was still too sleepy to be aware of his surroundings."

 

Sehjoon sighed again before he leaned to Siwon and whispered.

 

"Hey. If you won't wake up, you will get a free trip back to Kuta....but without us."

 

In a blink of an eye, Siwon then raised from his sleep.

 

"NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"

 

 

*****

 

 

After the scene of Siwon's scream which almost cause the rest of them to become deaf, they had their lunch before Sehjoon announced the rooms. He was holding five keys.

 

"Sooo..." Sehjoon smirked mysteriously. "This time, the room distribution is randomized. But it wasn't my choice. The producer asked me to do so. But only for the models and not the crews. Kinda strange, huh?" 

 

Heechul, Siwon and Kibum exchanged gazes toward each other. But why five keys? Aren't that too many?

 

"Kim Heechul...." Sehjoon called. The so called one held her breathe.

 

Oh please be Sehwa or my brother please please oh how I wish Stella were here.

She thought.

 

"You," Sehjoon added. "Will share a room with our make-up and hair stylist in here, Aimee Delcour."

 

Heechul sighed in disappointment.

 

"She hasn't arrive yet. But I will tell you when she has. She's French, so make sure you talk to her in English. Here is the key."

 

Heechul took it. "Thanks."

 

Sehjoon continued to read the list. "Hmmm...Sehwa and I are in the same room. Excellent coincidence." He mumbled.

"Ha. You might be cheating," Siwon joked. Sehjoon glared at him. "Not even in your wildest dream, young man."

Siwon just laughed in return

 

"Alright. Kibum and Siwon, you two share a room alright? This is the key!" Sehjoon didn't wait for any words from the boys. He just handed it to Siwon. While Kibum was speechless.

 

"And the rest of the keys..." said Sehjoon. "Belong to two other models who will come along with their relatives. So I guess I'll wait here until they arrive." He then glanced at Sehwa. "You take the key to our room and take a rest. And for Heechul too. Siwon too. And for Kibum...meh. Okay just kidding. Take a rest, you all. Tomorrow morning at 8 AM, there will be another photoshoot."

 

"Arraseo oppa." Heechul was the first one to get to her room.

 

"I will wait with you," Sehwa offered. Sehjoon looked at her and held her shoulder. "No, take a rest. I know you're not feeling well." Sehwa frowned but did as her twin brother said anyway.

 

"Okay boys. See you later." Was the last words from Sehjoon before he headed back to the hotel's lobby.

 

"Wait... We share a room?" Kibum barely had the voice to ask, after Sehjoon left the two of them.

 

"You think?" 

Kibum was still speechless. "Ah get over it kajja.." Siwon then lead the innocent boy to the room. he wondered if Kibum really is a doctor.

 

 

*****

 

 

Heechul opened the door to her room and spotted a private garden and a private swimming pool. Across of it, stood some green hills with a shallow abyss on the bottom of it. The weather was cold, but the view around her was breathtaking nonetheless.

 

Knock knock

Knock knock

 

Heechul turned her head. Someone was knocking. It could be Aimee...or someone else.

 

But her prediction was right. When she opened her door, a girl not younger than her was standing.

Her skin is pale, her eyes are blue, with a curly brown hair.

 

"Aimee Delcour?"

The girl nodded.

 

"Come in, I'm Heechul. Hope we can be friends from now on."

 

Aimee let out a small smile. "Me...I mean, thanks."

But she stayed silent afterward. Even when she was managing her belongings.

 

Heechul felt that Aimee won't be disturbed. And concluded that the French girl was a cold one. So, Heechul left her and headed back to the private pool and checked her fansite.

 

An hour later, she got bored for having no one to talk to. And her roommate was definitely not a talkative one. The only word she had heard from Aimee after the "thanks," was "sacrebleu." And Heechul didn't know what it means.

 

Heechul glanced at the clock. It was 4 PM. She then got up and spotted Aimee playing with her cellphone. 

 

"I will go out for awhile."

Again, Aimee just nodded.

 

Heechul stepped out from the room and headed to Sehjoon and Sehwa's room. Oh how could the Han twins got to be in the same room while she and Kibum couldn't? It's not fair.

She knocked the door. But there was no answer. It indicates two things: they were sleeping, or there was no one inside.

 

Heechul moved on to the next room: her brother's and Siwon's.

Now, that is a weird combination.

 

She knocked the door with hopes that Kibum would be the one to open it. But then again, it didn't seem to be her lucky day.

 

"Ohai Heechul-a. What's up?" Siwon asked.

 

"Eum. Is my brother inside?"

"He's sleeping again. Waeyo?"

"Oh that's such a shame...for me."

Siwon raised his eyebrow. "Why?"

 

"I'm bored, oppa. Can I take a walk with you?"

 

Siwon took a time to think before he nodded.

 

 

*****

 

 

After an hour of stroll around the hotel and some spots around it, Heechul and Siwon headed back to their rooms while taking a shortcut path through the gardens.

 

They were too busy laughing and teasing each other that Heechul didn't watch her steps. She almost slipped on pebbles. But Siwon was quick enough to catch her on the waist. Heechul held her breathe as she realized how close their faces were from each other's. 

 

"Chullie-a..." A low voice was heard from behind them. Heechul quickly turned her head to the source of the voice. And she was stunned to see....

 

Her twin brother, Kibum, was standing not far behind them.

 

 

*****

 

45 minutes had gone since Siwon and Heechul went out for a walk. Kibum was barely awake by then. He rubbed his eyes like a sleepy cat, again. And let out a cute hoarse voice.

 

"Hyuunggg. Siwon hyuuunggg?"

 

No one answered.

 

Maybe he's outside. Kibum thought.

 

Kibum then got up from the bed, washed his face, and take the duplicate key of the room before he trotted happily through the hotel's corridor. Until he heard some familiar voices from the gardens. Kibum smiled widely. That must be Siwon and Heechul. He peeked out to find out.

 

But poor child. What he saw, wasn't quite what he had expected. His heart felt like it was stabbed by knives as soon as the sight of his roommate and his twin sister were clinging to each other as if they were about to share a kiss. He unconsciously called for his sister's name.

 

Kibum could scarcely think of anything as he ran back inside the corridors. He ignored his sister's calls for his name as he kept on running and running. His eyes felt wet. Maybe it really were. He was crying. And he couldn't stop it.

 

 

*****

 

 

"Oppa wait!!!" Heechul got rid of Siwon's grips on her and quickly ran after her brother. But Kibum was quicker to arrive in his room and slammed the door shut.

 

Heechul didn't give up. She knocked the door desperately.

 

"Kibum...please...open the door..." she begged. Over and over. But her efforts went in vain as no one answered each of her desperate calls.

 

"Go away..." finally a voice was heard. Full of pain and agony. "I don't wanna talk to anyone."

 

Heechul stepped back in disbelief. She felt her own tears filling on the edge of her bottom eyelids. What has she done wrong? She may never know. But she felt a strong feeling that her twin brother will truly hate her from now on. And she couldn't take it.

 

She then walked away from Kibum's room while she cried silently. She didn't know where she was heading, until she found herself standing in the area of the hotel's public pool. The beautiful hanging gardens.

The wind was still cold. And the mist hasn't find it's way down the hills. But she felt suffocated in each breathe that she takes.

 

"Chul-a?"

 

Heechul turned her head to see Sehjoon's twin sister, who's almost as painfully beautiful as Sehjoon himself, was standing behind her with a look of concern while at the same time twirling her single braid.

 

"Why are you crying?" Sehwa asked anxiously.

 

Heechul shook her head. "He hates me..."

 

Sehwa frowned sadly. "You're a good girl. For real. Who would hate you?"

 

Heechul couldn't take it anymore. She burst into tears once again and clinged to Sehwa. "There is.... And he's my own twin brother." And her cries grew even louder than before.

 

 

*****

 

 

Siwon was lost for words. He felt something was wrong. Terribly wrong. Between Kibum and Heechul. They are twins, really. But why does it seem that the twins are hating on each other lately?

 

And he couldn't deny it anymore. He started to think that he was the reason behind it.

 

And now, he was standing alone in the hotel gardens. Speechless with nothing to do. Swallowed by the silence that mocked on his dense behavior.

 

Crack...crack...

 

He heard sounds. And as he looked into the source of it, he found a girl with brunette hair was standing behind him. Her blue eyes were glaring at him.

 

"Vous êtes terribles."

She said. She then ran away without anything more to say.

 

Siwon was left stunned. He didn't know what the girl was saying. But he could understand what she just said.

 

"You are a terrible person."

 

*****

 

Siwon walked back to his room with his thoughts filled with guilts and Aimee's words to him. Yes, he knew who that speaking French girl was. She was Aimee. And tomorrow, they should work as teams for the photoshoot. He just gave Aimee a bad first impression.

 

"What am I going to do now..." He sighed.

 

He kept on walking despite of the haze on his own mind. When he finally arrived in front of his room, he took a deep breath to pluck up the courage to see what's inside. He took the key from his pocket and slowly unlocked the door.

 

CLACK

 

Siwon swung open the door real slowly. Inside the room, it was dark. Almost pitch black. The only source of light, was from the glass door that headed to the private garden.

 

"Hnnngg..." A faint sobs could be heard from the couch near the window."

 

"Hng... Pabo Kibummie... Pabo... How can I be a doctor if I still can't get rid of my crybaby self. Hnghh.." The sight became clear to Siwon. Kibum was curling up near the couch with his arms around his legs. And he was crying while at the same time, cursing himself. 

 

Siwon had time to think about what to do. But it wouldn't be him if he didn't act in a reckless way. So he sneaked up behind the pretty boy and tried to embrace him with one of his arms.

 

"I'm sorry..." The photographer couldn't say anything better.

 

Kibum's cries only grew louder.

"No...please leave..."

The pretty boy then tried to release himself from Siwon's one-armed embrace. But then the handsome boy would just add his other arm to seize Kibum right there.

 

"Uljima .... Jebal."

 

Kibum didn't respond.

 

"I'm sorry... " Siwon said again. "I didn't mean to steal your other half. If I didn't catch her earlier, she would have been injured by now."

 

Still, there was no respond. But after minutes of awkward, dark silence, Kibum then said "you don't understand."

 

"Because I really don't," Siwon confessed bluntly.

 

"Then, you don't have to."

"But what if... I want to?"

 

Kibum sighed in annoyance and took advantage of Siwon's distracted self to get off from him. But not before the handsome boy planted a kiss on the very top of the pretty boy's head. "Forgive me," he said one last time.

 

Kibum stood up and forced a nod.

 

 

*****

 

Sehwa listened carefully to Heechul's story about what has happened earlier. And she couldn't help but to feel bad for anything that have been distracting the pretty model

lately.

 

"I... I seriously couldn't even imagine if Sehjoon hates me," said Sehwa. "We've been through so many things together. I couldn't be apart from him and neither could he."

 

Heechul winced. "I wish Kibum and I had that same sort relationship too. That would be nice, I think. But sadly, we're too busy fighting our own battles. And now... When I could finally get close to him again just like when we were children..." Heechul stopped to prevent herself from crying again.

 

Sehwa the saddened girl's shoulder. "There... there, Chul-a. Maybe Kibum-ssi is not feeling well. Talk to him when he's feeling better. When the two of you are feeling better. Right now, there are catastrophes everywhere inside the two of you. You wouldn't be able to solve the problem with that condition. Moreover, there will be another photoshoot tomorrow, right? Don't be so stressed out, Chul-a. Stay focus on your job. I guess your brother will understand. And if you're feeling like sharing your problems, don't hesitate to. I will be there for you."

 

Heechul could finally smile slightly. "Thanks. You are too kind."

 

Sehwa returned the smile. "Anytime, Chul-a. Now, take a rest. Should I you to your room?"

 

Heechul shook her head. "No, thank you. I should try to get back by myself. Once again, thank you, Sehwa."

"Alright..."

 

Heechul then stood up and walked back to her room. Sehwa gazed at the sky which was turning dark with cold breezes all around her. She then began to wonder... who was the one who made Kibum cry? Siwon or Heechul? If the reason was Heechul, maybe Kibum was missing his twin sister so bad that he wanted her all to himself for this trip. But if the reason was Siwon..... Then it means.....

 

Sehwa shook her head in disbelief. No... I shouldn't think of such things, she thought.

 

Luckily, a familiar voice was calling for her, soon afterward.

 

"Sehwaaa!!! There you are!"

 

She stood up and caught Sehjoon was standing near the pool on the lower side of the ground of which she was standing on.

 

Sehwa then settled herself on the splitting edge of the upper and the lower ground. "What took you so long?" 

Sehjoon chuckled. "You have to know that the third model has just arrived."

Sehwa feigned a frown. "That's good. So that you know that I haven't sleep, at all."

Sehjoon frowned back. This time, a real one. "You're awful. For real. You ought to sleep, NOW."

"Hahahahahaha. No."

 

Sehjoon crossed his arms with his unamused face remained still. But then as swift as a deer, he lifted up the mocking twin sister from the edge where she was sitting on. She cried in delight. "Let gooo!!!"

 

"Hahahahaha. NO."

 

 

*****

 

Heechul opened the door to her and Aimee's room after shedding the last drop of tears on her cheek. Talking with Sehwa has succeeded on making her feel better. She was grateful for that twin sister of Sehjoon's.

 

She caught a glimpse of Aimee sitting on the edge of one of the twin beds in their room. 

 

"Rest..." Aimee said as soon as Heechul revealed herself, in an awkward, low voice. "Just sleep.... Bonne nuit."

 

Heechul nodded and went to the bathroom to change her outfit to a nightgown, brush her teeth, wash her face, and then went out of the bathroom being all clean and ready to slumber. By then, Aimee was already asleep.

 

Heechul smiled. Maybe that roommate of hers wasn't a cold one at all. She then climbed up to the other bed and laid her head down on the pillow. Silently, she prayed for a better tomorrow.