Two Kinds of Performances

hey_bb

MINHO POV


"You two came awfully fast to the backstage area where I was with Megan and Yoogeun." Key eyed Taemin and Minho suspiciously.


"We had a feeling she would need some help. That's all."


Taemin looked up at me and I tried to give him the message through my eyes "Yah. Yah! Noona needed our help. We were just thinking ahead."


That's right Lee Taemin use that innocent look while it lasts. 


"Hmmm you weren't by any chance..." I looked at Key giving him my 'If-you-accuse-me-of-something-I'll-never-let-you-live-with-yourself' face. 


He just glared at Taemin and I but dropped the subject. "Fine. But if I find out this is some stupid feud and either my son or his mother get's hurt I will make sure you wish you were never born."


Taemin looked at him with wide eyes and I could tell he was suddenly re-thinking his mischievous ways. 


"It's fine Key. We're not like that one over there." I nodded my head towards Jonghyun hyung who was doing... what was he doing? 


"Che! Fine. Let's get going." Key took me out of my curiosity and walked off to get his mic.


"Let's get going guys!" Onew called clapping his hands.


I looked back at hyung one more time and notice he gave a small wave to someone in the crowd. He smiled and walked to where the rest of were standing.


"I hope that wave was for Yoogeunnie hyung." I whispered to him as he stood next to me before getting on stage. He looked over at me a bit surprised and rolled his eyes.


"If you're scared I'm going to take away your precious 'warrior-princess-noona' Minho I think I'll have to do more than smile and wave.


I wasn't so convinced though. Noona was the only defense we had right now and we didn't want her to fall to the dark-side. I can only imagine those two together to be completely...


I shivered momentarily thinking about it.


Oh. Show time. Better get going.


Onew looked back at us and we quickly huddled together. "This is Yoogeun and Megan-shi's first time seeing us perform so just like everything else give this your all and do your best! 3-2-1 FIGHTING!"


The lights went off, we took our places and


Here. We. GO!



MEGAN POV


Their performance was so freaking cool! Everyone was really giving it 100%. I loved their fluid dance moves, they actually sung for this one which surprised me because I thought for sure it would be a lip-synced performance (not that I cared if they did that. Everyone needs to take a voice break once in a while).


Yoogeun kept pointing to each of the members saying (or trying to say) their names. We danced and waved to them at the end and cheered. Yoogeun had also grown a bit closer to myself. At first he didn't care to much for me and only wanted Minho or Key but once we got to our seat he was much more comfortable.


Jonghyun waved at us and made silly faces at Yoogeun before they went on stage. It was cute and it helped relax Yoogeun a bit more to know they were watching.


The fans on the other side had been respectful. I even had one or two wave at me and say hello in English. I really appreciated it. 


When it was all over I went down to see the boys once more with Yoogeun walking by my side. 


"There's your appas Yoogeunnie!" He reached out his arms almost immediately for Key who was there in a flash.


"Yooguen! Did you like appa's performance? Wasn't I cool?" I rolled my eyes as did everyone else.


"What did you think of it Megan?" Onew asked me with a massive grin plastered on his face. I have to say I really like Onew. He speaks non-sense sometimes and his dry humour is well... dry. But he's certainly attentive and cares a lot about s - and co-workers it seems.


"I loved it! You guys were great! I honestly really want to learn that dance" I let myself unleash a little bit of my fan girl surpressed self. I mean how couldn't I? I FINALLY got to see my favourite K-Pop group live (and you know hang out with them and have meaningful conversations but whatever).


"Do you dance noona?


"I do actually. Well, I'm not a professional but I took lessons for three years and occasionally when I get a chance I like to practice on my own." Honestly I wasn't all that bad of a dancer. I mean I was no Taemin and I wasn't flexible but I could challenge someone to a dance battle and hold my ground.


"Maybe you could come to the studio sometime then?"


"Yah that would be really cool. You should come noona!


"I'd love to!" DUH. GUYS. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING FOR A MOMENT. OF COURSE I WANT TO COME!


"Yoogeun's mother has arrived." A PD came over to us and Jonghyun glanced at his watch. 


"Really? Is filming over for the day then?" he asked what was on everyone's minds.


"Yes for today. We'll be resuming tomorrow back at the house."


Yoogeun's REAL mom was waiting at the front entrance to the backstage doors. We followed the PD there (Yoogeun still in Key's arms) and sent him off. He looked back sadly at us but we reassured him we'd be seeing him the next day. His mother thanked us and they left.


"Hey boys! Hello Megan! How was filming?" Manager-nim appeared from the crowd.


"Oh! Hi Manager-nim" I greeted him bowing a little. 


"No need to be formal! I'm your manager now so treat me like a friend." He corrected me making me a tad self conscious and a bit embarrassed.


"We have that showcase now don't we?" Key interrupted.


"Yes. We're a bit behind so we have to get going right away. Megan I hope you don't mind finding your own way out?"


"Oh! Not at all. I understand-"


"I'll show her out Manager-nim it's not a problem." The same staff member that led me in overheard the conversation and rushed to go get my things from Shinee's dressing room.


"Perfect. We're filming tomorrow back at the house. I'll send you an e-mail later tonight with what you'll have to bring."


"Okay sounds good." The pace at which he spoke was really confusing for me but the jist of it was 'We gotta go. Tell you the details later. Peace Out.'


Got it. Simplifying difficult Korean in my head always made things sound better.


The staff member arrived with my coat and bag just then and I bowed to my fellow cast members. "Thank you for today.


"Thank you as well" They all thanked me at once before Manager-nim had them hurry out in the opposite direction.


The minute the cameras were gone and Manager-nim arrived I felt the awkward/professional but not atmosphere arrive. It felt a bit like they were more themselves with me there but once it was over they realized their demeanor may not have been the 'best'.


Whatever it was it kind of hurt my feelings as I made the trek back to my apartment. I mean I wasn't upset about the whole 'We're-not-BFF's-yet' (honestly I was getting my hopes up thinking we'd be actual friends at the end of all this... it's highly unlikely). Perhaps they felt they couldn't be themselves around me? I wonder why that is... maybe it's the same way that I hide the fact I'm a big fan and don't like to get overly personal with them?


I let out a deep sigh as I walked down the steps to the Metro. Swiping my pass and heading down to the tracks the boys attitudes still played on my mind. 


I didn't stop thinking about it till I finally arrived at my front door. I finally made a decision - I have to just keep it professional and try not to get attached. As much as I want to it's just not going to be the reality.


No matter how much I want it.

 


Thank you for reading and welcome my new subscribers! I love to hear feedback and comments so please let me know what you like/ don't like or anything at all :D
I start my part-time job tomorrow so I'll do my best to update!

 

- Cloudsurf