10: Forget

Nothing's Wrong

---

That night, his lips felt like they were toasted barbecue on blue fire. GD remembered clearly how a playful Dara planted a kiss on his lips during the 2ne1 debut celebration.

 

He only meant to with meaningless flirting since she looked gullible enough to fall for it. Yet she retorted with that brief kiss; the kiss that sent down electricity from GD’s nerves to his entire body, as though he were resuscitated through his mouth.

 

Truth be told – and he got tired of telling this truth because most people refused to believe him, the poor Casanova has never been kissed before. Undoubtedly, he possessed the charms and the skills to captivate the hearts of young teenage girls all over the world; and the man had made good use of this advantage to get with the ladies too. However, all he has ever mustered to do were generic, occasional intimate touching; and if any, kisses everywhere reasonable BUT the lips.

 

Ji-yong’s sentiments were rigid: his first kiss would be saved for someone special. Or so he hoped.

 

GD had envisioned his first kiss under the moonlit sky, where fireworks would start exploding in meticulous synchronization to Bigbang’s ‘Fantastic Baby’, or in the middle of the club where the DJ would have to stop quiet as people witness their profanity.

 

Yes, his dreams were delusional and erted, but reality was evil. GD felt nothing exceptional with that kiss, granting that he shared it with a woman who had kissed his best friend just a few months earlier.

 

The poor G-dragon laid on his bed, touching his thin lips like a distraught lovesick teenager who got kissed prematurely.

 

“Aish!” he cursed, abruptly sitting upright on his bed. GD ruffled his newly dyed blonde hair out of frustration. It was three in the morning, and he knew his day was inundated with commercial appointments and recording deadlines, but he found himself doggedly thinking of his first kiss. “That kissing machine ajumma… This means war!”

 

-----

 

The cold October weather was tumultuous that morning. Torrential rain poured over Seoul, clothing the vicinity with the gloomy color of grey. It was the worst of the season, or perhaps worst in a long while, because October was usually the start of autumn: cooler, but less cloudy. (People blamed it on climate change.) Most streets were flooded; making traffic viciously congested everywhere and leaving the YG agency understaffed.

 

Something bothered Bom that day; and no, it didn’t have anything to do with TOP or the drama of becoming a rising Korean star.

 

“Darong, I keep thinking that I forgot something at home.” Bom confided to Dara as they sat in the conference room while waiting for their manager, Jjangmae, who was stranded some five hours of crammed traffic away.  The stars have conspired that day, cancelling all of 2ne1’s activities through that terrible weather, but also leaving the girls stranded inside the YG building.

 

“What is it?” Dara inquired, facing Bom curiously.

 

“I don’t know, I can’t put my finger on it.” Bom closed her eyes and leaned back farther using her chair.

 

“Let’s see… Did you forget to lock your bedroom door?” her stick-like friend started to enumerate, hoping that she could help guess what Bom had forgotten.

 

“No, I’m sure I locked my door.” Bom shook her head.

 

“Wallet? Cellphone?” Dara asked idiotically, because both items were placed on the long table in front of Bom. Dara sighed, cringing her nose while thinking of what else Bom could have forgotten before they left the apartment. “What did you do this morning anyway?”

 

“Hmm, I woke up really early so I decided to cook breakfast for you guys….” Bom stopped, realizing one important detail that left her brain. “Oh gosh.”

 

“Waeyo?” asked Dara.

 

“IFORGOTTOCLOSETHEELECTRICSTOVE.” Bom announced hastily, standing straight as she said so.

 

“WHAT?” CL, who sat next to Dara, overheard.

 

“I have to go back before our beautiful apartment burns down!” Bom ran to the nearest door and exited frantically.

 

-----

 

“Didn’t think you could make it!” Teddy exclaimed exaggeratedly upon seeing an excessively drenched GD. How he could have gotten wet despite their basement parking was a mystery for about ten seconds, until he realized that GD hadn’t gotten the time to buy a new car since that incident with Dara. “No driver?”

 

“Stranded.” GD grumbled, rummaging through his wet red MCM X Tisa Phenomenon Day backpack for an extra set of clothing which consisted of a snug orange sweat shirt and thick cotton jogging pants. He couldn’t care less if the clothes looked good on him or not—as everything usually does, but he made sure he’d be cozy for the day.

 

Before he came, GD was half-hearted in deciding whether or not he should tread the dangerous waters to the YG building; but with TOP out of the dormitory, Daesung in Japan, Taeyang in the gym and Seungri in some expensive hotel with what’s-her-name, the poor leader felt miserably left out in the apartment, so he went. With his bad luck, he had to pay an exorbitant amount of money for a cab that could only drop him off a street away from their agency.

 

“How’d you get here, hyung?” GD asked casually, albeit still pissed off, as he changed his outfit. “Outside it feels like that movie, 2012.”

 

“Oh, I was here all night.” Teddy replied heedlessly.

 

“Seriously?” the young one clarified.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“You pig.” GD declared discourteously, thinking of how Teddy had just stayed there all night without changing his clothes and taking a bath. Kwon leader was a slob, but he couldn’t make music for his life if his surrounding wasn’t clean. “I’m going out of this room. When I go back I want you bathed hyung.

 

-----

 

TOP grimaced in the middle of the road, listening to the latest radio news regarding the weather. It was one thing that he hated to drive, and often told people that he couldn’t. But he had a photo shoot for Vogue and just like GD, his driver was stranded somewhere and wouldn’t be able to plow through the flood on time.

 

That time being never, as the photo shoot eventually got cancelled. TOP wasn’t the only person stuck in traffic.

 

He settled his mind: he would have to head for the YG agency, since from where his car was that building was closer than his apartment. Then again, the odds of him reaching the building were slim given the ridiculous traffic he was stuck in. Suddenly, the idea of walking didn’t seem so bad.

 

What would normally take a person fifteen minutes took TOP two hours, and he was still on the road. To make matters worse, the cars around him honked crazily. He considered sleeping in his car since he was up drinking the night before, leaving a pestering hangover. But then, that would make for a homerun headline in the tabloids if he were to get caught. Instead, he ran through his black hair with his hands, massaging his temples to relieve the pain.

 

TOP looked at the sky and realized that the rain wouldn’t be stopping anytime soon.

 

-----

 

As soon as she got out of the agency and saw the hammering rainfall, Bom realized her stupidity. Her first plan was to take a taxi back to their dorm, but looking at the cluster of motionless cars near the building, she knew even if a taxi magically appears to her aid they would have to fly to get to her apartment.

 

Moreover, the sky was darker, the rain was heavier and the wind was stronger. Even if she tried to walk by foot, she’d probably need to swim her way to the apartment. There was no rational way to get back.

 

But an image of their pimped up apartment burning all over appeared in her mind, and she was more determined than ever.

 

“Bommie, fighting!” she encouraged herself feebly, placing her umbrella back inside the building as it would be useless given the bellowing wind. She zipped her jacket up, pulled the hood down, and braced herself.

 

-----

 

Dara pressed the elevator button to the ground floor repeatedly. Her headstrong friend had just decided to recklessly battle the impossible rain because of an open stove when they could have asked the Bigbang members who were at home (if any), or even the guard stationed in the apartment to close the stove for them.

 

Furthermore, Bom left the two most vital items she needed in the conference room: first her wallet, where she conveniently left her apartment keys; and second her cell phone, so Dara could remind her that there was a key under the potted plant near their door.

 

In the middle of her hurry, the elevator stopped at the second floor, and a snugly dressed GD entered. He stopped for a second as he noticed Dara inside.

 

Dara’s eyes widened at his sight—making her forget the urgency to look for Bom.  She knew she had it coming for her. There was no Bominator to save her from the wrath of this fuming dragon now. For fear of her life, Dara smiled as widely as possible, trying to make an aegyo move to alleviate GD’s sinister mood. “Ji-yong!”

 

GD moved closer, allowing the elevator doors to close. He walked slowly towards Dara, leaning his face until it was a breath away from her. He looked smugly at the girl, whose eyes were filled with panic. “I could kiss you passionately right now, as response to your lack-lustered try yesterday. But I think you would enjoy it too much.”

 

Dara gulped.

 

“Me, grabbing the nape of your neck gently with one hand, your back with the other. We would look in each other’s eyes like this…” GD demonstrated, gazing directly at Dara while keeping his close distance.

 

“…and then slowly, I would lean over to kiss you. I would barely touch your lips, because they feel gentle and delicate. You would feel my sincerity as I refrain from going further. But then our passion would grow, we would be caught up in the moment… You would pull me closer so our bodies could touch…“

 

Dara reddened, she was actually imagining the scene.

 

GD laughed at Dara’s tomato face: he was the victor this time. “Yah, you erted kissing machine ajumma! You really ARE enjoying this, huh?”

 

“W-w-what?! Of course not!”   Dara lied, traces of red on her cheeks blowing her cover.

 

The Bigbang leader smirked, hearing the faint sound of ding which meant the elevator had reached the ground floor. He and Dara were still intimately positioned on the corner of the elevator. Luckily, the lobby was empty, thanks to the rain and flood.

 

“You stole my first kiss...” GD admitted, still looking straight at Dara.

 

“…I’ll make sure I steal your last.”

 

-----

 

The time was one in the afternoon, although the sky did not express it. The pouring rain continued as Bom reached her apartment after a solid two hour marathon: thank god for Hwang Ssabu’s exercise. The tall drenched girl made her way to the elevator, relieved that nothing seemed to be burning.

 

As the elevator reached their floor, Bom hurriedly ran for the 2ne1 dormitory, feeling her apartment keys from her pocket.

 

Wait, the apartment keys weren’t in her pocket.

 

“No.” Bom uttered at the realization. Her keys were tucked safely in her wallet.

 

Tough luck, but she could live with that. She just had to ask Dara where she kept her spare keys.

 

“NO.” Bom repeated at another realization. Her phone was beside her wallet. “NO!”

 

The oldest member of 2ne1 collapsed tersely to the ground due to exhaustion and disappointment. She pouted excessively, on the verge of crying, as she looked down on the ground with slumped shoulders.

 

“Ottoke?!” she screamed loudly, looking at the ceiling hopelessly. No keys. No phone. No money. Typhoon-like weather. Soaked in acid rain. True enough, Bom has used the most proper word for that occasion. What should she do? “Aing-waaahhh Ottoke!!”

 

She was muttering gibberish in the hallway moving her hands and feet like she was a kid having tantrum.

 

“…So noisy.” a voice sounded from the Bigbang apartment as its owner slightly opened the door.

 

Bom sensed this noise right away and stood up, b with hope. Right, Taeyang was still inside the Bigbang apartment!

 

A million wonderful ideas popped into her mind. Amidst all this at least she could change her clothes into one of Taeyang’s thermal hoodies— Bom thought of it like that, since Taeyang never seemed to be cold when he wore those. Ah, and maybe they could use the balcony from the Bigbang apartment and swing by the 2ne1 dormitory’s so Bom could close the electric stove, City Hunter style.  

 

“Young bae! I’m so glad you’re here!!” Bom shut her eyes in glee, turning around and gripping the door knob as she did.

 

“…What happened to you?” the voice, deep and cold, asked uneasily.

 

Bom momentarily stopped her musing, opened her eyes, and saw TOP wearing a comfortable dry jacket over his white t-shirt and long pants, who was in the process of drying his hair with a towel.

 

Dugeun. Dugeun. Went Bom’s heart.

 

“You...” she said uncertain, her slender fingers barely holding on to the door knob.

 

“Go to your apartment. It’s freezing and you’re wet.” TOP commanded, concern filling the void of his eyes.It must have been the first emotion Bom saw in TOP's eyes in a long while. 

 

“I… forgot my keys with the girls at the agency.” Bom admitted genuinely.

 

TOP yanked the door from Bom’s grasp so he could let her in. He placed the white towel he used to dry his hair onto Bom’s head.“Then get inside and fit yourself in some of my clothes. Ppalli.”

 

----

(A/N: Weeeee. How was the chapter? Please subscribe and comment! )