chapter 3

✴ᴘᴜʟsᴀʀ - wa entertainment's new girl group- the story.

7/05/2013 - Pulsar's Dorm - Rosalie & Kerry's room

"Just like now, forever, I'll be there!" finished Kerry, grinning as Rosalie wrote down the rest of the lyrics. "That's awesome," she commented.

"We write good songs together," agreed Rosalie, also smiling. "Even though it's now...um, three in the morning," she added with a small laugh.

"Ah, we'll be fine. As long as nobody else stays up, I mean."

"Yeah, but knowing Hyomi..." Rosalie answered, her eyebrows raised. The girls burst out into laughter once more, though quieter, as to not potentially wake up the rest of the dorm.

"So tomorrow, schedules," Kerry asked, changing the subject. "We have Music Bank, right?"

"And...something for Arirang TV we're filming later?" Rosalie added with a small nod. "I have no clue what it is."

"The manager said 'element of surprise', didn't she? I just hope it doesn't end too bad. Not that it will end badly, since it's us."

"Either way, we need to get some sleep. And anyways, I'm tired," Rosalie said with a yawn, walking from her bed to turn off the light. "That okay with you?"

"Sure. G'night," Kerry answered, turning around on her own bed. Whatever the 'surprise' thing was, Kerry would most likely spend the night preparing for it - and finding ways to get the rest of the members prepared too.


7/06/2013 - Pulsar's Dorm - Dining Room

Unlike the morning of their debut, the day of their second performance was in the afternoon; that meant, as Hyomi liked to put it, "family breakfast".

"I finished the song," commented Baifeng to Eunji and Lea, who were sitting on her left side. "I think it's really good, but you guys also have good opinions. Maybe."

"I'd love to see it," replide Eunji kindly. Lea swallowed a bite of food and nodded in agreement.

"Here." Baifeng handed Eunji her notebook, which she'd brought to the table. Lea leaned over Eunji's shoulder to look at the lyrics, also curious. Eunji began to say the lyrics under her breath; Lea raised her eyebrows as she read through the page, confusion apparent. Baifeng's eyes didn't leave the other girls as they read through the words, very curious about how they'd react.

Tell me, tell me exactly why

I get to work hard every single day

without payoff! why did my species

become like this now? I don't know

 

It's time to wake up, another boring day

Who will lie now?

Opening my eyes, it's sad

A race of lots of idiots

 

"It's...got a nice melody, and the English is really good." finished Eunji with a small nod. "And with your guitar, I'm sure it's great, but..."

"The company wouldn't want a song about the human race's...faults," Lea added. "But the melody really is awesome."

"Thank you," Baifeng replied, pleased at the honesty her friends were giving her. "But I do think the lyrics are fine how they are. Honestly, this industry needs more songs about - "

"We'll take care of it," promised Lea, taking the notebook from Eunji's hands and placing it under her chair. "No worries."

"I -I guess we will. Is that alright?" Eunji asked.

"Yeah, fine, but eventually I'm getting a 100% Baifeng song in there. Just you wait," Baifeng replied with a smirk. She did, after all, have more than one notebook; she had planned to take it to the group's performance later that day, and at the very least get the melody done. Eunji and Lea focused their attention on more idol-friendly lyrics to Baifeng's melody, all with Baifeng observing their work and interjecting occasionally, to little avail.


7/06/2013 - Pulsar's Van (backseat: Hyomi, Joo, Eunji; Middle: Kerry, Rosalie, Baifeng; Front: Lea)

"Hey, unnie," Hyomi asked, leaning forward in the back seat of the van to look at the leader. "Is B.A.P. performing today?" 

"...I think so," replied Kerry, shifting slightly in her seat. "Why do you ask?" 

"Oh! It's...no reason!" Hyomi answered happily. Eunjoo let out a giggle.

"And how would I know, anyway?" she added, shooting Sieun (who was sitting next to her) a concerned look.

"You're the leader, so you know everything, or close to it," replied Hyomi with a small nod. Kerry held in a sigh at relief at Hyomi's answer and decided to drop the conversation there, for safety's sake. 

"Close one," muttered Rosalie, just quiet enough for Kerry to hear. The other girl let out a quick nod and changed the subject, talking to Rosalie animatedly.

 

 

 

From: Zhang Yixing

you're performing today, right~? ^^

To: Zhang Yixing

yep. i'm guessing you want to meet backstage?

From: Zhang Yixing

no, but junmyeon does

At that message, Baifeng paused. She did recall the other guy from Pulsar's debut stage - the one who shook her hand and didn't let go - but hadn't given him much thought since then. 

To: Zhang Yixing 

why?

From: Zhang Yixing

i don't know. also tell eunjoo i said hi, because now i gotta go ><

Baifeng sighed at the text, but did relay the message of hello to her cousin. The image of Junmyeon was clear in her mind then, and it wouldn't leave - which was a new feeling for the girl. She leaned back in her seat uncomfortably, and spent the rest of her van ride staring out the window.


7/06/2013 - Music Bank's Waiting Area

"They're here!" squeaked Hyomi, immediately hiding behind Eunjoo once the girls were done with their hair and makeup.

"Who's here?" Eunjoo asked, confused; halfway through the second word of her sentence, she recalled the conversation the two girls had the night before. "Oh. Oh, it's him! Why don't you talk to him?"

"...Because he's not my boyfriend," answered Hyomi. 

"That's no excuse. Just go," encouraged Eunjoo, pulling the other girl from behind her.

"I don't - I'll say something wrong or bump into him again, or -"

"Go," Eunjoo interrupted, pushing Hyomi forward slightly. Without much choice, she walked over towards where B.A.P. was standing, and smiled widely.

"H-hello!" she said energetically, quickly bowing. "My name is Kim Hyomi. It's very nice to meet you all!" The rest of the group greeted the young girl politely, slightly surprised. 

"And I bumped into you backstage," added Hyomi, looking at Jongup. The majority of her fear had gone, and she'd blocked out the rest of her group. Her goal then was Jongup. 

"Oh - oh, yeah. I remember you," he said with a small smile. "My name is Moon Jongup."

"I know. You said that already," Hyomi informed him. 

"...Oh." Hyomi laughed and continued to talk to him; the two seemed to be in their own little world as Hyomi chattered on about this and that - the girls, idol life, her chinchilla. Eunjoo looked on at her friend with a smile, though she was suddenly startled by Tao hugging her from behind.

"Hey," she said quietly, relaxing into his arms with a small smile. 

"Hey," he replied, kissing Eunjoo on the cheek. "How's promotions been going?"

"We've barely started," replied Eunjoo with a chuckle. "But I think we're doing really well so far. Anyways - what about you? How are things going with...?"

"Same old, same old," replied Tao. "We're still grateful for our fans, but..."

"They're still crazy. I wouldn't worry. It just means they love you." Eunjoo smiled and pecked Tao on the lips, blushing lightly.

The  couple's moment was interrupted, however, when the showrunner called, "EXO, get backstage." Tao reluctantly let the girl in his arms go, stopping to kiss her on the cheek before he rushed off to join the rest of his group.

 

 

 

To: Soohyun

after schedules are you free?

From: Soohyun

what schedules? we're still on a break ehe

To: Soohyun

7:00 pm. kerry knows a place...pick me up outside arirang TV's studios?

From: Soohyun

what are you doing at arirang?

To: Soohyun

no idea -_- 

From: Soohyun 

i will, see you then sieun ^^

Rosalie couldn't help but smile lightly at the conversation she was having; she really did like talking to Soohyun, even though he did call her by her birth name, which always managed to fluster her a bit. The rest of U-KISS, as well as Kerry, often set up times where the two could meet each other, which she loved. Her feelings for him, though, managed to be a confusing mess 3/4 of the time anyways. She preferred not to deal with it.

"You can thank me later," Kerry said, smirking at Rosalie. 

"Where'd you chose this time, anyways?" asked Rosalie, curious.

"Some bulgogi place?" Kerry answered, shrugging. "Hyomi told me about it once, so it's probably not bad."

"Thanks," Rosalie said gratefully. 

"That was a short 'later'." The two girls laughed, and Rosalie went back to looking at her phone, grinning.

The showrunner's yelling surprised all the girls. "Pulsar! You're on deck," he yelled, checking his clipboard. The girls complied and took the stage happily. 


7/06/2013 - Arirang TV Pops in Seoul's Secret Box

"It's yellow in here," commented Rosalie as she stepped into the small room, covered with yellow sticky notes.

"And it's full of secrets, apparently," Kerry added, looking around the room herself. The rest of the girls filed into the room, occasionally commenting on the absurdity of their situation - the fact that they hadn't known about their weird schedule until they got there, for example.

"I'm choosing this one," said Lea immediately,  picking one barely out of her reach off the wall. She grinned widely and waited for the rest of the members to chose, smiling.

"There's so many, though. What if somebody choses something weird?" asked Hyomi, worried.

"Just choose randomly and hope for the best?" Eunjoo replied, picking something off the wall with a shrug. Hyomi decided to take her advice, doing the same.

Baekin, meanwhile, was deliberating with Eunji as to which one she should pick: "They all seem like...options, and I'd hate to embarass any of you," the older girl said, frowning.

"Don't worry. It's a game, right? Games mean having fun." Eunji smiled softly and nodded, thinking of interviews Myungsoo used to tell her about. She quickly blocked the thought from her mind as soon as it came, wondering if the camera picked up her troubled expression.

Baekin, who had spent the most time deliberating which sticky note to chose, went first. "Rise & shine! Which member wakes up first in the morning?" she read out loud. Immediately, she turned around to look at Kerry.

"It's just - Kerry always wakes everyone up when we have schedules," she explained. "And when Lea and Eunji don't wake up in the morning -"

"Hey, I wake up in the morning!" interjected Lea, fully aware of how Kerry would most likely react to her protest.

"But then you'll sleep in the van, and we can't have that. We have schedules to get to," Kerry said sternly, causing the other girls to laugh.

Lea went after Baekin, smiling widely. "A free coupon for a yoghurt drink," she said, proceeding to walk back to join the group.

"Wait - there was an opporitunity to get food from this?" asked Hyomi, letting out a soft whine. "If I had known that I'd have looked harder, or - or something!" she added, pouting. "I'll go next as revenge," she decided, stepping forward (and accidentally knocking Eunji, who had planned to ask and answer her question next without any ulterior motives.)

"Okay! 'The true Le-Lennon,'", she read out, struggling over the English word but continuing. "Who's the most musically talented within Pulsar?"

"Isn't that all of us, though?" asked Rosalie, frowning slightly.

"We're all composers, we all can sing well...so I think it's all of us," confirmed Eunji with a slight nod.

"That was a dumb question. Can I pick another one?" Hyomi asked, frowning slightly.

"No, but you can hope Eunji picked something good," Kerry replied. The girl in question stepped up to the front, her question in her hand.

"Alright - um, oh, this is easy. What seniors in the industry are you fans of, and who do you look up to?"

"Of course, there's Phantom and GEEKS," Joo replied. "Since they're our company seniors, and we know them well. I look up to BoA and Kahi, too."

"I look up to BoA as well," Rosalie said.

"I'm a really big Inspirit," added Eunji, smiling.

"You went to the same high school as L, right?" asked Kerry, more for confirmation than out of curiosity. Eunji nodded lightly; that much was common knowledge, though the relationship between the two was (much to her happiness) not.

"I'll go next," Kerry said, stepping forward."It's another easy one - are there any idols you're friends with? And the answer to that is yes, they're there. I'm a friend of B.A.P.'s Himchan," she commented with a small nod.

"f(x)'s Krystal and A Pink's Naeun are both friends of mine," added Joo.

"Isn't this more namedropping than anyone else?" asked Lea. There was a bit of an awkward silence before the girls started laughing; Lea's comments like that were always true, though thanks to the image Pulsar had, they always had to think twice before laughing.

Rosalie stepped forward after Kerry. "What artists would you like to collaborate with in the future?" she asked.

"GEEKS," replied Baekin immediately, as soon as Rosalie finished asking the question. The rest of the girls turned to her, questioning her motives, to which she responded quietly, "I'm a fan of theirs."

"I'd love to do some stuff with Zion.T," added Kerry. "That'd be sweet."

Joo ended up going last; she stepped forward and read, "What is one thing you want your fans to know about you?"

"I have a chinchilla. His name is Charles," Hyomi answered. The sheer randomness of the fact, despite its truthfullness, sent the other girls into giggles, though Hyomi didn't understand what was so funny.

Joo answered her question next. "I like Starbucks and Red Bull," she decided with a small nod.

"If there's a gift you want to give to one of the members, you can give it to me and I will save it for them," Eunji said.

"I hereby vow to never diet. It's not healthy, and I don't want you guys doing that too," Kerry said with a frown.

"Spicy food is my favorite, and radishes," Baekin said, deciding not to discuss how the idol industry actually seemed to her.

"I collect earrings and jewelery, but spend your money on our album instead," Lea decided to say. Baekin rolled her eyes at the remark.

Rosalie went last; she mulled over possible responses before deciding on "May the Force be with you!" The other girls laughed at the oldest member's message, not noticing the camera finishing rolling when it was done.


a/n: first new chapter in a million years. school has started, and because of where i go to school, i have to live at my dad's house instead of my mom's (where i do in the summertime). i have a lot less access to computers there, but i'll try to update whenever i can.

the next chapter will be drabbles on how the rest of star - the first full album came to be. if you haven't already, please vote here on what the next promoted single will be.

after the next drabble-chapter i think i'll do something similar visiting all of the romantic couples within pulsar. i'm already planning and i'll try my best.