✴ᴘᴜʟsᴀʀ for ceci korea

✴ᴘᴜʟsᴀʀ - wa entertainment's new girl group- the story.

in their first photoshoot, rookie girl group pulsar has showcased their more mature sides. we talked to them exclusively about their new album and the relationships they have with each other.

q: congrats on your debut! as you know, the album was completely self-composed. one by one, what were your thoughts as you wrote the songs?

kerry: the title track of our album, "shampoo", was my song. the one i wrote, i mean. when i wrote it i wanted to think about a good relationship metaphor, and the result was shampoo.

baekin: for my song, "like a dream", that was for my brother, exo-m's lay. he'd recently gone through a break-up, just before exo-m's debut. i had no idea it would be included on the album, really. it's a pretty okay song.

rosalie: i'm the group's main dancer, and i love to dance, so i wanted to write a song that had a cool dance. that's what happened with "elvis", which i'm really happy about.

lea: "crying" was a song i wrote about the stress of training, actually, but turning it into a song about love worked pretty well too. not all of the members got to perform it, but i'm still proud of how it turned out.

hyo mi: i like fun things. i wanted to write a fun song. hence, "jet"!

eunji: "because of you" was based on a bad breakup. it's really...nothing big, though, so don't worry.

joo: "into the new world" is a song of thanks to everyone who helped us as trainees. it was the most recent song written on the album, and was added in pretty quickly.

 

q: before debut, were you girls close, or are you still getting to know each other?

rosalie: kerry is easily my best friend. we're very, very close to each other.

hyo mi: and that goes for all of the members! everyone loves everyone, and we don't all fight all the time or anything like that.

joo: part of that is because we've been dorming together since 2011, though.

kerry: and we all were in the video for phantom's "come as you are" together.

eunji: we've helped each other out through the hard times.

 

q: hyo mi, joo, baekin, the three of you have family members that are idols. do you feel like you're in their shadow?

joo: not really. and besides, i'm really close to lay. baekin, too - we're cousins.

baekin: since exo's such a popular group, sometimes i feel kind of down. but that just means we have to do even better than they are.

hyo mi: those girls have siblings in exo, but my older brother is in 100%. if pulsar gets really popular, so will 100%, so let's try really hard as both of us!

 

q: how would you describe your individual positions?

hyo mi:  my job is to be the youngest member that everyone has to put up with!

joo: according to these guys, my job is to be good at everything. i don't really believe them, though.

eunji: my job is ballads and sad songs. ...it's kind of a sad job, now that i think about it, but i'm glad to help.

baekin: my job is guitar and beauty.

lea: my job? i'm in charge of end-of-song adlibs.

kerry: i'm the leader. i can do anything, really, but they put me in rapping, so that.

rosalie: my job is dancing, taking care of the members, and astronomy.

 

 

q: and finally: can you think of a fandom name, and a message to your fans?

rosalie: our fan club name should be graviational axis!

hyo mi: what?

baekin: no, i understand. gravitational axis, because a pulsar is a neutron star that rotates on its gravitational axis.

hyo mi: you lost me at "understand".

kerry: it's not a bad fan club name, but we need to shorten it some. maybe just g.a.'s?

eunji: and our message to them can be...please support pulsar a lot?

lea: don't forget to take care of yourselves, too. don't get so obsessed that you can't live your life.

joo: but supporting us would be nice too. we appreciate all of it.

hyo mi: now you people say things i understand!