Chapter two

Little moments of Peace

She keeps me warm

 


 

 

          The raindrops lingered lazily on the windows, the graceful lightning silently streaked across the sky lighting up the dark house where two people laid sprawled out in the middle of the living room floor, resting on a cheap blowup mattress. Their legs tangled and arms resting over each other’s waist as one of the girls sighed out.

            “Sooner or later we’re going to have to get up and start to live life again.” Tiffany turned her head, her chin resting on Taeyeon’s shoulder snugly, her breathing was soft and tickled Taeyeon’s cheek.

          “No.” With her eyes shut Taeyeon spoke softly, her voice smothered in sleepiness.

Tiffany lifted her chin off Taeyeon’s shoulder leaning up slightly placing soft kisses on Taeyeon’s shut eyelids. Till they fluttered open. Tiffany stared at her, Taeyeon’s brown eyes were like stained glass she found it difficult to see through.

            “What’s wrong Tiffany?” Taeyeon’s eyebrows had furrowed, the sleepiness was still evident but she didn’t care, Tiffany’s presence was enough to keep her awake.

            “Tomorrow we’ll have to act normal.” Tiffany whispered, her head now resting on Taeyeon’s chest. She liked to hear her heartbeat, and the pace of her breathing was now slowly lulling her to sleep.

            “Normal? What’s normal to you Fany?” Taeyeon lifted her hand and brushed the bangs out from Tiffany’s face. She noticed the girls’ eyes were closed.

            “Like we’re not in love.” Taeyeon had thought she was asleep with the comfortable silence that had gone by. Her heart ached a little at the words that Tiffany had uttered honestly, Tiffany noticed Taeyeon’s heart skip a beat then.

            “Why?”

The question had left the two basked in silence once again. Tiffany’s heart ached just has much as the person she clung onto as if she’d lose her tomorrow and in a way, maybe she sort of would.

            “What we have isn’t normal Taeyeon… It’s wrong.” She felt Taeyeon shift a bit under her, but noticed that Taeyeon only really pressed her body more into her. The gesture made her smile.

“It’s not wrong. If that’s what they tell you then… when did you start listening to what other people have to say? They don’t matter.” Taeyeon’s arm wrapped around her literally hugging her close. “You ever get that feeling when you don’t feel alive? Like you’re living but you aren’t truly alive?” Taeyeon was met with a soft nod. “I’ve never really felt alive I don’t think, not ever. Not in my whole life. As if I were an empty shell, a sort of robot just doing what it was programmed to do.” A soft chaste kiss was placed on Tiffany’s forehead. “But when I met you over mutual friends I thought wow…” Taeyeon smiled at the memory, “That girl really knows how to smile. You made me feel alive, Tiffany, from the first time I was bold enough to hold your hand, too the time I kissed you. You make me feel alive and loved, and cared for.” The tears started to well up in Taeyeon’s eyes. An influx of conflicted emotions bombarding her. “You make me feel like life is worth living. All I need is you by my side and the world seems a bit brighter and better.”

            “You make me feel alive too Taeyeon…” Tiffany spoke softly over the soft sniffles that came from Taeyeon.

            “It’s not wrong if it’s love because love can’t be wrong.” Taeyeon said as she wiped her tears. “Even if it were wrong…” Taeyeon leaned down kissing her cheek then her jaw line then eventually her soft pink lips. “To love you,” Taeyeon whispered against them, pressing her forehead softly against Tiffany’s. “I wouldn’t care.” She kissed her again before pulling away fully sitting up hovering over Tiffany, her hand caressed her cheek. Tiffany found Taeyeon giving her the sweetest smile which only made her give one back. “I wouldn’t care because at the end of the day I know I love you more than anyone could in two lifetimes, and at the end of the day I know you love me too. I wouldn’t care,” Tiffany leaned forward and placed her lips over Taeyeon’s hushing her, finishing off her sentence.

            “Because you keep me warm..." 

            Taeyeon smiled “And that’s enough for me."