Chapter four

Little moments of Peace

Ride

 


 

 

            She didn’t know where she was going.

Tiffany walked along the dirt road, the white-hot sun beating down on her. She felt the heat seep through her thin shirt and cover her bones. It was a good burn she thought. It was like a burn of freedom.

She didn’t even know what she was running from.

Her boots kicked against the gravel, her heart fluttering against her chest as she bit her lip in anticipation. Where would life take her?

But she just had to get away.

Holding out her thumb, she beckoned the cars, trucks and bikes for a ride to wherever they wanted to take her.

She remembered her father saying not to ride with strangers.

“Where you headed?” sliding up behind the small gentle looking woman on the leather seat of a motorcycle, Tiffany slithered her hands across the strangers exposed abdomen.

“Anywhere you’re headed…” she muttered feeling the woman’s muscles tense under her touch, she felt the roaring of the bike and the jerk of it starting to move forward as the girls’ silent reply.

But suddenly that didn’t matter anymore to her, she believed she’d be okay. Even if she wasn’t that was alright too. She felt okay for far too long, she wanted to feel something else, something new.

“Name?” Tiffany smiled as her hair continued to dance widely with the soft wind that blew through her hair.

“Stephanie!” raising her voice Tiffany laughed as she lifted both arms in the air, feeling like a bird in the vast sky.

She felt the nod of the strangers head “Taeyeon,” she heard in reply “I’m Taeyeon.”

 

            “It’s just for the night.” Tiffany leaned against the wall, her arms crossed and mind blank as she watched the stranger toss her bag on the bed. “I’ll take the floor, if that’s okay with you—”

Tiffany hushed her with the soft touch of her lips, it wasn’t in her nature to kiss a complete and total stranger. But she didn’t care, not anymore. Taeyeon kissed her back, wrapping her arm around her waist pulling her in even closer. Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon by the back of her neck pressing her lips harder against her own.

With a soft thud, the two fell back onto the comfortableness of the cold bed.

Tiffany lifted her head, pulling Taeyeon’s lip between her teeth teasingly before breathing out, “I don’t mind sharing.”

All Taeyeon could do was smile before taking Tiffany’s lips once again.

 

            I was taught to live by the rules, unknowingly tied down by society’s tight ropes. But now I’m free, running away from everything some may call me a coward. I like to think of it as searching for new roots, a new beginning, a new life, a new love.

Gripping onto the firework Tiffany watched as it went off into the sun-setting night sky of god knows where. The colors reflected off her face as she felt hands wrap around the tightness of her tummy.

“Want some?” a bottle of tequila came into her view as a smile tugged onto her lips, she threw the firework somewhere away from them grabbing the bottle, turning around in her new lovers arms.

            “Where are we Tae?” Tiffany questioned taking a sip of the poison liquid that burned going down .

            “Anywhere you want to be, this place is ours.” Tiffany laughed, kissing Taeyeon on her wet lips.

            “I just wanted to be free was all…” Tiffany whispered staring up at the darkening sky, she felt Taeyeon planting soft wet kisses along her neck up to her jawline.

            “You are free, with me and my bike, we can just ride. We can go anywhere you want to go.”

Tiffany’s eyes came down to level with Taeyeon’s pretty copper ones as she pursed her lips to speak “Anywhere?”

“Anywhere.”

You said you knew the perfect place to run to. A place that was empty of people, and buildings, and far, far away. A place covered in blood-red earth and sleeping life. A place longing to come alive again. It's a place for disappearing, you'd said, a place for getting lost... and for getting found.

I'll take you there, you'd said.

And I could say that I agreed.