Chapter Five

Something To Remember

(Previously that night)

The wolves had started moving.

 

“Yo Gd,” Yongguk called. “something doesn't feel right.”

 

Jiyong frowned. “What do you mean?”

 

“I mean the new gang; We have women, we have guns' don't you think that's...that's...”

 

Sadistic? Yeah, well, I have to agree with you. That is not the kind of gang you want around here.” Jiyong finished. Biho moved closer.

 

What do you mean 'not the kind of gang you want around here'? What's so bad about another gang?” Biho asked. Jiyong stopped, turned around and explained.

 

So far we have, what, two gangs. The Reapers and us, The Wolves. The Reapers aren't really your normal gang and nor do they just go around and hurt people for no reason. We are a weird and different kind of gang all together. We help those in need, like the elderly, and hurt those who have done wrong, like stealing and so forth.”

 

Having a gang that wants women, money, guns and most likely is asking for trouble. Not only do they inflict damage more than we do, they capture women and make them apart of their gang.” Yongguk continued.

 

Exactly. And worst of all, if I am correct, they're teenagers who think they're top of the world.”

 

Or who can control the world.” Junhong added. Jiyong nodded and called everyone closer together.

 

In a way we are going to be like zoologists studying animals, as an example. We go in for ten minutes, at the most, and silently watch them as they move. Now rule one; don't make a sound. Rule two; do not move unless I say so. Rule three; stay together. Hajoon, you're with Biho. Junhong, you're with Yongguk. Find a quiet, small and hidden place but make sure you can see them. Move out.” Jiyong commanded.

They moved silently, but as they approached the gang's home base they were faced with the unexpected.

 

P-please sir, spare my wife and if you must: kill my son. But I'm begging you, save my wife and her unborn child.” An Indian man, with his hands tied behind his back, begged for his life and his wife cried. The son, who appeared to be no more than eight years old, stood up and ran for the door.

Bang!

Stopping in mid-motion, he collapsed to the ground and became nothing more than a limp corpse. He wasn't the only one. Looking a few steps to his right a girl who was older by several years, had obviously tried the same thing and died with a bullet to her head.

Bang! Bang!

 

No one, runs from Diesel! You have no child now.” He smiled sadistically. The wife screamed in pain, clutching her belly and blood poured from her stomach. It was obvious that her unborn baby would not survive and Jiyong couldn't help but feel sorry her family. There was nothing they could do, and even if they were to do something, it would be futile. Jiyong grabbed his phone and sent a text to the other four, saying to retreat. Jiyong stood up and backed away slowly. He turned around and just before he started running, another two shots were fired and there was nothing left but the empty silence.

 

Dump them in the river.” Diesel commanded.

 

– –

 

School was boring and Jiyong was still in pain. The burning had eased but only because he had taken some pain killers before he and Seunghyun left for school.

 

Class dismissed. Enjoy your weekend everyone, I know I will.” The teacher smiled. Jiyong and Seunghyun were relieved that school had finished for the day and they had two days of their own free time.

 

You doin' anything tonight Seunghyun?” Jiyong asked. Seunghyun looked puzzled and looked at his calendar on his locker.


“Let's see...yeah I'm hanging out with Seungtae. Are you free tomorrow and Sunday? If you like we can chill at my house or yours?” Seunghyun smiled. Jiyong silently cursed and regretted asking.

 

Yeah, maybe. I mean I don't have anything planned, so okay. Your house or mine?” Jiyong replied. Seunghyun hummed in thought and came to a decision.

 

How about mine? I'll walk up to your house at twelve and you can stay at my house if you like! My parents are out of town and they won't be back for a while.”

 

Business trip?” Jiyong asked as they walked out of school. It hadn't taken him long, but already Jiyong was growing fond of Seunghyun. Very fond of him.

 

How did you know?” Seunghyun replied. The smaller boy shrugged.

 

I just guessed.” Seunghyun was called over by Seungtae and he ran over, waving at Jiyong.

 

Hey Jiyong! Someone wants to talk to you!” Seungtae called.

 

No thanks, I'm not interested!” Jiyong waved.

 

Oppa! Wait!” it was as if his worst nightmare came true. It was Juah. Ahn Juah.

 

What do you want?” Jiyong froze. Juah had tears forming in her eyes and she wiped them away. She gave a small and warm smile at him.

 

I'm sorry for leaving you. I was stupid, but you wouldn't give me what I wanted and for that I hated you. But it's okay now, another person already gave me that and I want to try it with you. Please oppa!” Juah held out her hand and Jiyong turned around.

 

No.” He growled. Jiyong brushed her hand away and started walking to the bus stop.

 

You ! I apologised to you and now you reject me? You're a fool!” Juah yelled.

 

No, you're the fool; for believing that I would take you back.” Jiyong said. Jiyong climbed onto the bus and just as he did, Juah collapsed into tears.

 

Hey Seunghyun, can we leave tonight? Juah's pretty shaken up, I think.” Seungtae asked.

 

Sure...” Seunghyun frowned.

 

Thanks.” Seungtae said. Seunghyun got on the bus and sat next to Jiyong. The kid had his headphones in and music up pretty loud. Small tears welled up in the boys eyes and he leaned against the window. What happened between them? Seunghyun thought.

 

 

Seunghyun followed his friend into his house and into his bedroom. Not even noticing Jiyong threw his shirt off and grabbed another one from his drawer. Jiyong sat on his bed and sniffed, before breaking down into loud sobs. Seunghyun rushed to his side and wrapped the boy carefully in his arms, not wanting to repeat Juah's mistake and rocked him back and forth gently. Once in a while Jiyong would look up to see who was holding him, but other than that he was a sobbing mess.

Seunghyun eventually managed to calm him down to a few sniffles and the odd occasional tear.

 

What happened with you and Seungtae?” Jiyong asked quietly.

 

He had other things to do.” Seunghyun smiled.

 

What about you?”

 

What about me?”

 

Why are you here?”

 

You were crying on the bus. I wanted to make sure you were okay.”

 

Why?”

 

Because that's what friends do. Come on, you can stay at my house for the weekend. We have lots of stuff we can do and we have our homework! Come on, I'll help you get your things and Lael can come too!” Seunghyun smiled. Together the boys found themselves walking to Seunghyun's house, accompanied by Lael and eventually Tora.

 

We'll leave them outside for now, I think they'll have enough fun by themselves!” Seunghyun smiled. Jiyong gave half a chuckle and eased Seunghyun's worries. He put Jiyong's bag in his room and they played board games to pass some time.

 

Come on, it's time for tea. What do you want?” Seunghyun smiled.