Chapter One

Something To Remember

 

Jiyong raced out of the house, swinging his bag over his shoulder, and he grabbed his smokes. He was going to need them, at his rate, and he heard his uncle shouting threats from the doorway.


“Don't you dare hit her again you bastard or I'll kill you tonight, I swear! You god-damn ing piece of !” Seungpyo yelled. That man, was his uncle, and Jiyong hated him so much. A week ago Minju, his aunt, slashed Jiyong across his left eye and caused him to go blind. He wasn't sure, but he thought that it was probably because he stood up to her and once he was a comfortable distance away from the house, he stopped and put his eye patch on. Yes, Jiyong had an eye patch in his pocket, he was weird like that.

 

Man, I need a smoke.” Jiyong sighed. He took his smokes out of his pocket, with a groan, and selected one at random. He used his matches and lit the cigarette. Jiyong lived out of town, about thirty minutes out, and he had to walk for about ten minutes to get to the nearest bus stop. Either way, it was about forty minutes to school and to home. But Jiyong didn't find it unpleasant. In fact, he enjoyed to get away from that place and he breathed out a cloud of smoke. He had been smoking since he turned six-teen, exactly the same time he became leader of a gang, and he was easily angered. In a way, he was like Heiwajima Shizuo from Durarara, but without his strength!

Jiyong continued to walk and, as he walked, he thought about what happened during the night. During the night, Seungpyo had thrown Jiyong against the wall and started kicking him in his stomach, several times and laughing manically. His uncle enjoyed hurting him and even his aunt got something out of it. His aunt and uncle were violent people. They're not your average people, they could actually kill and they had. Oh they certainly had.

 

You're late. Normally you are here before me, but today I was here before you. What's wrong with you?” A boy, who was Jiyong's neighbour, called. He was short, fit and cute. But they rarely talked, only exchanging a few hellos and goodbyes. Jiyong pulled down his sleeves and put his cigarette out, before he got to the bus stop. The kid was right but he really didn't care.

 

Shut up, Leroy, it's none of your business.” Jiyong retorted. Leroy Park was his name, and it sure was bloody odd. Everyone believes he changed his name from Lee, or something similar, and that was the gossip for about three months. He sighed, cracked his neck, fingers and knuckles.


“Ewe! That is so gross! Why are you so cold today Jiyong? Normally you're just quiet but today...” Leroy whined, before Jiyong interrupted him.

 

Listen kid, I've had nearly zero sleep and I feel like crap. If you want a death wish, I suggest you keep talking and if you don't then please, shut the up.” Jiyong threatened. Leroy backed away and sat down at the other end of the bus stop, scared. Jiyong chuckled. He liked to see people scared of him, sometimes, but in honest truth? He didn't really like it.

 

O-okay...” Leroy stammered. Jiyong grabbed his iPod out and put his headphones in, flicking through his music and choosing a song by MBLAQ. The bus came a few minutes later and Jiyong got on before Leroy. Leroy had to wait for another bus, because bus seven-teen didn't go to his school. He had to wait for bus twenty-one. The weird thing about the buses, was that they had weird numbers. On Jiyong's road, the only buses were number seven-teen and twenty-one.

 

Hey Jiyong, are you on the bus tonight?” The bus driver asked. Jiyong took out one headphone and shook his head.


“No, I'm staying after school because I need to study some more and I have to work tonight.” Jiyong replied casually.

 

Do you have a note?” He asked.

 

No.” Jiyong walked off and sat in the front seat, against the window. They were about to take off when a boy ran in front of the bus and shouted at the driver to wait. The bus driver opened the door and the boy handed him a note. He shook his head and told the boy to sit down.

 

Don't make a habit of this, son.” He sighed.


“I won't, sorry sir!” He sighed in relief. Jiyong looked away and stared out the window. Don't you dare sit next to me. Jiyong glared. The taller boy was breathing heavily and Jiyong wondered just how far he had run. He was five minutes down the road from Jiyong's house and they always sat near each other, unintentionally, every day. They didn't know the others name and, strangely enough, they were in the same classes! Yet they never talked or picked up on each other's presence.

 

Hurry up and take a seat.” The driver grumbled.

“Sorry sir!” The boy quickly sat down. Of course, he chose the spot next to Jiyong and he clenched his fists.
Damn you! Stupid rat. Jiyong thought. He looked over to the boy who was rummaging through his bag and, surprisingly, he caught Jiyong's eyes. He smiled, offering his hand and introducing himself.


“I'm Choi Seunghyun, nice to meet you. And you are...?” He asked. Jiyong scoffed and turned away.

 

Does it matter? We don't even talk and you are always nice to everyone.” Jiyong spat the last word out. Seunghyun made a confused face and tilted his head to the side, slightly.

 

What's so wrong about that?” He asked. Jiyong turned around and stared hard.


“The thing that is wrong about that, is that you are nice to everyone. Why would you talk to me? Because you talk to everyone and not one person in particular!” Jiyong folded his arms.

 

Ah, so are you saying that we really have no purpose talking to each other? Anyway, do you have any friends?” Seunghyun asked. Jiyong nearly chocked. , why did he ask that question? Of all questions, WHY? Jiyong screamed.

 

Of course I do! Stupid idiot, who doesn't have friends?”


“That kid at the bus stop?” Seunghyun suggested.

 

What? No, he has friends and he goes to a different school. Wait, why am I even talking to you? I don't even know you!” he blinked.

 

Uhh...are you okay? You seem...frustrated or something?” Seunghyun poked Jiyong's shoulders. That was a bad mistake. Jiyong turned around with a death glare and Seunghyun jumped to the other side of the bus.


“Will you just shut up and leave me alone? Seriously! You are so annoying!” Jiyong barked.


“Hey, Jiyong, settle down now. That's enough from you, both of you. Why don't you just draw or something Jiyong?” the driver chuckled. Jiyong's face heated up. He hated being told what to do.

 

Shut up! It's no use drawing if I'm angry, I'll only get even angrier! I'm going to listen to my iPod!” Jiyong yelled. Seunghyun scratched his head and looked at the driver.

“Don't worry about him, he's just hot-headed.” He smiled.


“Who is he? Is he always like that?” Seunghyun asked. He was curious to know about the hot-headed boy.

 

Yeah, he's always like that, I suppose. Kwon Jiyong is his name and you guys seem to sit next to each other without even realising it. You are never that far apart and I wondered if you were going out or something. But now I know that you guys aren't even friends!” he chuckled.


“Oh...okay.” Seunghyun stayed in his seat for a while. He listened to his iPod as well, and when he got enough courage, he slowly sat back in his own seat. To his surprise, Jiyong just looked at him with a gaze that said “What are you doing? I'm not going to kill you, unless you piss me off again.” and Seunghyun smiled sheepishly. Jiyong looked away and ignored him. For the rest of the ride, Seunghyun couldn't stop thinking of different scenarios about Jiyong's past and not even one of them was close to the real thing. Maybe I can use him as a character in one of my stories? Yeah! And he can like swimming! Okay, that would be the other character... Seunghyun thought. He sighed and continued thinking.
He was a great writer, he just didn't tell people much about himself, and he kept all of his stories to himself. Since, well, they were all about
gay or bi people...

 

– – – – – –

 

When they arrived at school, Seunghyun walked with Jiyong to their lockers and to his surprise, they were right next to each other. How the hell did I not notice this? Why is he so quiet? He reminds me of Kyo Sohma. Seunghyun thought.

 

Hey man! How's it going?” A boy called. Seunghyun turned around and saw that it was D-Lite. Kang Daesung was Seunghyun's best mate, aka D-Lite.

 

Hey Daesung, what's happening?” Seunghyun smiled. They high-fived each other and talked for a while.


“Huh? Where'd he go?” Seunghyun turned around. Jiyong wasn't at his locker anymore.

 

Oh? You mean that boy with the blonde hair? The one next to your locker?” Daesung asked. Seunghyun nodded.

 

Oh. Yeah, he left for class a few minutes ago...and we should probably do the same! See you later Tabi!” Daesung said cheerfully. He had a two-sided personality, well, in a way. He would be really happy and nice to people during the day. But at night, when he was around with his gang? It was a completely different story.

 

Kay, see you later Daesung!” Seunghyun waved. The bell rang for home room and he quickly scurried inside. He took his seat as the teacher started the roll call.

 

Excuse me sir, I'm the new student. Ahn Seungtae.” A kid walked into the classroom and bowed.


“Okay Mr Ahn, please take a seat next to...Mr Kwon. Are you okay with that, Mr Kwon?” The teacher asked. Jiyong barked in response.


“No I am not okay with that. Move him elsewhere.”

 

Mr Kwon, please be flexible with this-”


“Oh wouldn't you like me to be flexible! Sit him next to Choi Seunghyun or Kang Biho or someone else.” Jiyong scoffed. The teacher became angry and Seungtae tried to calm him down.


“Why you insolent brat! That's it, go to the office now!” He yelled.


“Sir, please excuse him. He is a friend of mine and is very hot-headed. He got no sleep last night because of his girlfriend and I apologise. I should have had more control over my sister.” He apologised. The teacher calmed down and continued on with the roll call. Seungtae sat next to Jiyong and Jiyong scoffed. He has a girlfriend? Seunghyun sighed.


“Hey, I just saved your , have some respect.” Seungtae demanded. Jiyong glared at him.


“Who are you to tell me what to do? Anyway, you did that yourself, I didn't ask for your help. You're not related to Ahn Juah are you?” Jiyong asked. Seungtae scoffed and couldn't believe how he was being treated.

 

Really? And this is the thanks I get? Hah, thanks Jiyong-”


“Don't call me Jiyong. It's Kwon, to you.” Jiyong spat.


“Fine, Kwon. Yeah I am related to her, she's my sister. Why? You haven't been talking to her.”

 

She hasn't been talking to me. If she doesn't want to talk anymore, then I'm giving up on her and deleting her. It's been three months, Ahn, three whole months and she hasn't said a single word. Nothing like oh hi how are you? Or just a simple hello. Now shut up, I have a class to go to.” Jiyong finished as the bell rung. Jiyong grabbed his books and walked to his first class. Double English and what's worse, was that he was partnered with Seunghyun!

Can't someone kill me now? Jiyong thought and sighed. He walked into class and was surrounded by girls from his class.

 

Was that guy serious about her? Why would you chose her over me?” One girl asked.

 

What?” Jiyong blinked. He was completely surprised at the sudden verbal attack.

 

You know what we mean, that stupid sister of the new kid. Who is she?” Another asked. Jiyong started to get angry, but tried to calm himself down to a level where he could speak.

 

No, I was getting annoyed at the teacher and he asked if I was okay. He wanted the new kid to sit next to me and I told him no. I got angry, he tried to calm the teacher down, and in the end he sat next to me. He did it to save my but I really couldn't care.” Jiyong answered. The girls sighed a breath of relief.

 

Thank goodness!”

 

Yeah, you don't need a tramp like her! Whoever she is!”


“Oh, and one more thing ladies,” Jiyong walked to his seat at the back of the room and placed his books down before answering.


“Yeah?”


“I don't want to go out with girls like you. You wear to much make up and are way to stuck up. Putting it simply, I would never date you.” Jiyong smiled darkly. The girls gasped and started whining. They were about to run over to Jiyong, but the teacher told them to be quiet and take their seats.

 

So how are we all going on our projects?” Mr Wilkinson asked. Everyone thought he was married to Carole Wilkinson, but he said that he just had the same last name as her. Everyone groaned. Well, it's obvious no one has started. Jiyong thought and he folded his arms over his chest. But where's Seunghyun?

 

First chapter guys, hope you enjoy it :) I'll upload the next one soon...

I think! Nah I will ^_^

~Love Andie-San <3 :)