Chapter 4 - Wednesday

Don't Let Me Close My Eyes Tonight

Chapter 3 – Wednesday

Even though Hyemi wasn’t ready for it she decided to go back to school, besides she had promised Kai she would and he in the other hand promised to stick by her side. That thought made her feel a little bit at ease, comforted.

Suho walked by her side as they walked to school. Hyemi clung to his arms, calming her nervous heart, afraid of what to expect, what she was about to face. “Everything will be fine, Hyemi. Kai said he’s waiting for you at the front gate. Aren’t you lucky to have him in all your classes? I guess considering him he’s a pretty reliable friend.” He smiled as he nudged Hyemi. Hyemi pouted cutely as she glanced at Suho. “Hahah don’t give me that face. You know I’m right.” He laughed pulling his hands up, a gesture he did showing his innocence.

“hmph I know. You are right. He is a good friend and I’m glad I was able to meet him, so thank you Suho.” She half smiled. “…but what if I’m not ready?” she asked her voice weary and hesitant. “You’ve made it this far Hyemi. I know you can pull through anything. Just give it a little time you’ll see.” Suho smiled ruffling her hair playfully. “Thanks.” Hyemi smiled, pulling away from him as she ran to the familiar figure standing in front of the school. His back was to her as she reached him. She was about to poke his back, but her thoughts were getting the best of her. “Why are you feeling like this Hyemi? I know you just ran, but your heart shouldn’t feel so, so, so alive already. I can’t be falling for him so fast. I never thought of Kai like that, but…if I did I-I guess he would be okay. He’s always there for me.” She thought feeling very nervous and not knowing if it was for the day that lay ahead of her or that she was going to spend it by Kai’s side.

“You came here first yet you admire his back. What’s wrong with you Hyemi?” Suho teased as he came up from behind her, causing Kai to turn around and face them. Hyemi could feel her cheeks flush in embarrassment, her blood boiling, she gave Suho a side glare as she nudged Suho playfully.

“Shall we?” Kai smiled softly as he took Hyemi’s hand. Hyemi nodded with a bright smile on her face, “Yes and take me away from this guy here.” She sighed, feeling at ease, but still fighting the feelings that blossomed inside of her at the warmth from Kai’s hand.

The entire day Hyemi was coming into realization that her feelings for Kai weren’t just appearing. She had them before even when she was…dating, but now that she was alone, she felt it stronger than before. It was almost hard to fight the temptation to lean against him, to place her head on his chest and let him guide them to class. She just couldn’t it would be wrong, she kept telling herself she had to wait maybe a month or she probably wouldn’t be honest with him. What if this was her heart fighting not to be lonely and looking for the next big thing in any boy, even though she knew that wasn’t it, she had to wait. It wasn’t the right time and it wouldn’t be fair to Kai. She couldn’t make him the rebound.

By Kai’s side, time flew by fast in no time it was already lunch, just one more class to go before they got to go home. Hyemi and Kai walked side by side, Hyemi holding his hand, knowing who was going to be here. Kai and Hyemi almost looked like a couple as they walked over to their lunch table with the others. “You can stay here and I’ll get you your lunch no need to walk over there.” He smiled as he sat her on their lunch table on the side where she would be facing the guys. “mhm, thank you.” She smiled and before she could stop herself she reached in to hug him.

Kai was caught off guard, surprised by the sudden skin ship but not long after he hugged her back. At that moment something fell to the floor with an ear shattering sound immediately the cafeteria became silent as they all turned to look at the source, cause of the noise.

Baekhyun was standing at his table, Taegoon holding his wrist. Baekhyun bowed his head slightly, a huge milk puddle under his feet, with pieces of broken glass swimming in the milk. “What?” He sighed raising his eyebrows in a questioning manner, his voice giving the slightest hint that he was nervous. With nobody responding Baekhyun glared slightly as he scratched the back of his head and with the silence broken everyone went back to what they had been doing ignoring the question, not wanting to be in the way of what Baekhyun was now, Taegoon’s posse.

Suho watched on secretly as Baekhyun exchanged a few words with Taegoon, taking his leave right after. “Hm maybe seeing Hyemi get over you so quickly hit a chord or two with you. Jealous much.” Suho thought a small smirk on his lips. “Karma is getting back to him. Right?” Chanyeol said, looking at Suho, knowing exactly what he was thinking. “Yeah, definitely he can’t just hurt us all and not expect anything to happen to him.” Suho sighed turning to his plate of food, Chanyeol nodded and then they all went back to eating.

Hyemi sat in her seat nervously fidgeting with her hands, a small smile playing on her lips. She was sort of proud of herself for not breaking down when she heard Baekhyun’s voice. It was still hard for her, but Kai was right, she could do it. She felt this new strength radiating from inside her and if she really looked back at what her relationship with Baekhyun really was, she could see they were more just friends and nothing more. As she sat their thinking, Kai came up from behind her placing her tray on the table and sitting down right next to her. “I’m back.” He smiled giving her hand a slight squeeze.

“Thank you, again.” Hyemi smiled looking up into his eyes, she could feel the warmth that Kai gave her with his words and it definitely was a different feel maybe it was why all of a sudden it was so easy to forget what she and Baekhyun had. He nodded and gestured for her to eat, to which she happily nodded and dug in to her food as did he.

The rest of the day moved down swiftly, Hyemi felt like she could do anything with Kai next to her and she liked the feeling. Secretly Kai was enjoying this feeling as well. Obviously by this time everyone knew that a relationship would blossom between those two, it was a sure thing. Everyone knew except for the two love birds.


Hello everyone I bring you guys a new chapter ^^

I'll give you guys a spoiler to what we are reaching at this point in the story...

we are almost going to find out what's going on and why this is happening!! (awww can't you tell us)

NOPE cuz I'm evil muahahahah!! (your the villian then I will chase you down and attack with full force) Nononono not that kind

I"m only playing O.o (okay forgiven)

okay enough of me being crazy so I will give you guys some gifs

(CR: to the people that made them)