Chapter 8 - Sunday

Don't Let Me Close My Eyes Tonight

Chapter 8 – Sunday

The warm rays of the sun caressed his skin, waking him from his deep slumber. Slowly pulling his eyes open, wincing as the light entered his vision. “Hey sleepy head.” Came the soft, but sad voice of his cousin.

Very slowly his mind registered the sound of the voice, not even daring to lift his pounding head. He waited for his vision to clear, adjust to the light before he made any movement to locate his cousin, but she helped him to it.

She placed her hand over his messaging it lightly as she knelt in front of him. Her eyes glassy with tears, giving him a warm smile. “Your head still hurts?” she asked as Baekhyun stared at her with an unreadable expression on his face, but ever so slowly he nodded to her answer.

He found it hard to concentrate his headache causing his head to thump, a ringing in his ears, he was scared even. So he just watched his cousin in front of him as she brought forward a glass of water and a pill. “Here take this. It’s your medicine, Dr. Kim just dropped them off the minute I got here.” She half smiled. Baekhyun hesitantly sat up as he took the pill, wincing as he swallowed it, downing the water right after.

“Thanks for coming.” Baekhyun sighed as he laid back down, noticing there was a blanket covering him. “Why wouldn’t I come, when we’re this close?” she breathed her voice coming out shaky as she crossed her fingers showing him what she meant. “I know, but there’s always that…”

“My friends, come on I’ll leave my own friends to spend time with you and if they don’t understand then they are not my friends. Now make some room for me on your bed.” She said as she wiped away the tears that slid down her face.

Baekhyun smiled as he moved over to the side a bit and faced the ceiling as Borah laid down next to him staring at the ceiling as well. “So what did you want to talk about and…your parents let me know…you know, while…you were asleep.” She frowned glancing at him as she spoke. “I wanted to ask for your help on something.” He sighed as he closed his eyes.

“Okay, I’m listening.” Borah pushed him to continue. “You know how you’re friends with Taegoon, could you maybe talk to him, so I could sit with him during lunch or so we can be friends?” he said a little hesitant, then he huffed, waiting for her answer.

“I could talk to him, I don’t know if he’ll be okay with all 12 of you, maybe if you all worked out your diff…”
“No just me, not the others.” Baekhyun sighed, opening his eyes as he turned to look at her. Slowly Baekhyun’s words registered into her mind, connecting the missing puzzle pieces, went agape in shock. “No Baekhyun, you can’t be thinking of doing that, you’re crazy. Why would you want to lose their friendship, when you need them the most?” she said as she propped herself up on her elbow to get a better look at Baekhyun.

“I’m not, I just don’t want to hurt them. I wouldn’t have wanted to hurt you either, but it’s too late for that one.” He sighed laying just as he was as calm as ever.

“…and you know how mad that would have made me? To act like everything was fine only to find out later you died because, because…” she yelled back breaking down into sobs, unable to finish. Baekhyun sat up and took her into his arms, tears welling up in his own eyes.

“I know, but you wouldn’t be like this.” Baekhyun breathed trying to hold back his tears. “N-no, i-it would have been a much worse feeling. Don’t tell me you’re doing the same thing to Hyemi?” she cried pulling away from him to look into his eyes, not wanting to hear what she already knew.

“I’m going to break up with her tomorrow, she has Kai so she’ll be okay.” He said a single tear wetting his face as he forced a smile. “Oh, Baekhyun you could just tell her the truth it wouldn’t hurt to. Don’t be so selfish and keep this inside. They should know.” Borah said with genuine sincerity, hoping it would change his mind.

“I could tell them, but this is my way. I’m not being selfish either. I-I just don’t want to see them in pain.” he finished unable to hold his tears back as he covered his face with his hands. Borah took him into her arms, crying with him as she massaged his back. “You’re not going to be alone no matter what, your parents are going to be with you and count me in. I’m just saying you should think about it, but I’ll help you. Don’t worry about that.” She sighed.

As Borah comforted him as his crying slowly seized, “Ah, you fell asleep.” She half smiled as she lay him down. Trying to move ever so slowly as to not wake him. She tiptoed out the door and pulled out her cellphone. “I’ll help you.” She thought as she pressed her lips into a thin line, not so happy about it, but she was willing to help anyways.

She dialed Taegoon’s number and stepped into the guest room, sitting on the desk chair near the door. “Hey, Borah!” he laughed into the phone. “Taegoon, could you help me, it’s about Baekhyun?” she frowned, her voice serious.

“Oh, so you want help? Just kidding sure, wait it’s that group isn’t it, yeah it is. Aww they’re gonna know me for real’s now. It was so much fun messing around with them, though. I mean I didn’t really do anything to them, maybe just 2 by accident and I joined they’re hate list. Fine, fine, it was more than three. Geez, Borah, lighten up I could feel your glares even through the phone.” He said as he smiled.

“Thank you, but I only want you to befriend my cousin or let him join you’re group. Help him out. You ramble on forever, gosh.” Borah continued a small smile on her lips. “Oh, okay. Why not all of them? I thought they were close.” He asked, confused. “If I tell you something you have to keep it to yourself, nobody else finds out got it? NOBODY.” Borah warned, her voice even more serious if possible.

“Yes, I promise. All to myself, nobody else.” He said reassuring her. “My m-my cousin…ugh why is it so hard?... Baekhyun, he might not make it by the end of the year. If you do, I mean really do, do this, I want you to help him, let him know in your own way that you know.” She cried, her voice trembling as she spoke.

The other line remained silent for a while until he finally answered. “I’m sorry Borah, yes I’ll do it. I’ll help him.” He answered, his voice coming out sad, sniffling a little.

“Is the big Taegoon really crying?” Borah asked amused, she had never seen him cry let alone hear him. “Yes, I’m crying. I’m helping your cousin, don’t worry. I’ll be with him starting Monday or whenever he does go and I’m not going back on my word.” He said, his voice hopeful and kind. “Thank you for doing this for me.” Borah smiled, glad she had friends like this. “Don’t mention it, anything for a friend. I’ll see you later. Got to get back to work. Call me, text me.” He smiled into the phone. “I will, bye and see you soon.” She half smiled, pressing her lips together as she nodded. “Baekhyun I’m here for you if you need anything.” She said smiling slightly, trying to stay optimistic.


I was happy with all my new subscribers ^^ I decided to SURPRISE you guys with a new chapter!!

Hope you guys like it!!

Till next update ^^

ooo and I'm on the works for a EXO cruise story I just need to finish making my first ever poster for it well with my twinkies help haha

Now I leave you guys with gifs like always

(CR: to the people that made them)

tumblr_inline_mok2rqbrXa1qz4rgp.giftumblr_mfc6dsvznS1r7jaf7o1_400.gifkai and luhan’s staring contest

 how he's got that number six pole yup mhm ^^

d.o._hi.gifOkay bye ^^