Chapter 4

Here and Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shout out for the all the new readers and subbies out there. Peace! (I don't know the emoticon for the peace sign.. so yea. OTL)

The meeting is a flashback btw... :)

Enjoy.

 

“Luhan-sshi”

The shorter male refuse to look up, heck, he even shut his eyes tight. The younger yet taller man calls his name again, this time more firm.

Luhan breathes, slowly opening his eyes and finally two pairs of brown orbs bore into each other. “What? I don’t need a reality check. I’ve already process every bizarre detail. What more do you want from me?” his icy tone bares a major contrast to his calm expression, emphasizing his mockery to the man in the bloody military uniform.

“I know what you’re trying to do. Don’t, and I really mean, don’t do it.” Minho says

“But I have no choice,” Luhan shrugs, “I need her.”

Luhan has never felt so alone and vulnerable in his life, and now, it haunts him even in his death. How ironic, Luhan inwardly scoffs at the thought.

Whereas Minho sighs; he knows exactly how Luhan feels right that moment. It is like his whole life doesn’t have a meaning anymore; like darkness invades his whole surrounding, or like air suddenly a valuable thing for him to breathe. Well, technically he is dead but metaphorically speaking.

He truly pities his new friend. They share a mutual and unbearable dilemma. Luhan has arrived Here not a moment ago and no doubt he is very anxious.

Luhan’s posture remains as it is as he asks, “She won’t remember me, right?”

“No.” Minho shakes his head. Luhan’s expression darkens, “No? Tsk,” he scoffs, shaking his head, biting his lower lips in utter annoyance.

“Luha-”

“I don’t need your pity. I had enough of this crap. I don’t care what you say. She deserves the truth.”

“It’s not the way-“

“What is the way then?!” Luhan snaps.

Minho softens, “Listen to me, they brought you here. You knew that this was coming,”

“Well, technically, I didn’t know what to expect, up until now actually. Everything just comes at me like a bullet, shooting everything away from me. The next thing I knew was that Yoona was in the hospital bed while my own body was being lowered down-”

Luhan grabs a handful of his hair, “You don’t understand,” he says lowly. “You don’t understand.” His tone dies out in a whimpering whisper.

“I- We were supposed to be happy. Happily married with a house, children of our own.”  Luhan covers his face into the palm of his pale hands, “But, this bull happened instead.”

“I know how you feel. I left a girl too.” Minho voices out. Luhan looks up to him with a face that could mean, “go on.” or “Who is she?”

“She was the vil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter