Chapter 2

Here and Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On with the second chapter.. :D

Enjoy!

Yuri’s POV

 

Hours have passed in this dark isolated part of town, and yet I have been waiting, and confused by which is worst; the fact that the only man that had been giving me affection too is nowhere in sight or the fact that I have definitely shown and also proven that I was weak, very weak.

The confusion that was flowing into the veins of my throbbing head had brought me great ache to my fragile heart. Why? Why did I wait for you? Why do you have to drag me into this mindless mess when I can be happy somewhere?

Then again, would I be happy?

I don't want any of this to happen. I don't ask for everlasting heartache, I curse my own womanly heart that had fallen for his honey coated words, his sly gestures, his devilish grin that was a portrait I once adored.

The old wooden bench under the shaded tree on our place was creaked and nearly broken. I wondered if we were there, in that place, in that state. Broken. Despite the promises, your promises, our promises were just hollow words that meant absolutely nothing to you.

Everybody came back but you didn't, rumors said that you took it as a chance to escape. I wish that I knew it from the man himself, although it would hurt like a rose thorn pierced into my heart but it would be better than hearing hundreds of words from the wounded soldiers who came back from the war.

“Minho, he met somebody when he was wounded, she treated him well, and I heard they instantly clicked.”

Looking out the foggy window in my small room, I'm starting to wonder if that was true. Remembering how stunned I was by the bluntness of their words, so I thought that there was a possibility of the rumor to be false but hours turned into days, days into months, and now, years had passed, and yet I have been waiting and waiting. But for how long am I supposed to keep up with this? How long do I have to wait? To keep this love-life that seems to reach its dead end.

Father had long abandoned me, disowned me. He said that I was the black sheep of the family to reject the wedding proposal for a man that have left me. A part of me refuse to believe that but the other part of me was screaming your name, begging with my tears cascading from my swollen eyes –the same eyes that have cried for countless of time, the same eyes that search for yours in a crowd of people, the same eyes that locked with your beautiful mesmerizing brown ones on the day that I fell for you –for you to return.

“Yuri-ah, wait for me. I promise to take you far away from here, would you like that?”

Where did it all float to? Where did it fly off to? Where did you bury them?

Help me, Minho. I can’t feel the clock ticking, I can’t feel my blood pumping, and I can’t feel anything anymore. I am dislocated from our world. Why?

“Because you don’t belong here,” a voice startle me from behind, the feminine voice comes from her. However, she is not alone, a man slightly taller than her stands protectively beside her. Who are they?

“What do you want?” I ask a little too harsh, I suppose.

“Kwon Yuri?” The man steps forward.

“Yes,” I answer dully.

“You need to come with us,” he says straightforwardly. If they think that they can control me like I’m a weak woman, seeking aid. Then they can leave immediately.

“What makes you think that I’ll go with you?”

“Because you’re time is up,” he replied, coldly.

Despite my vulnerable appearance, I will not let these people think lowly of me. How unmannered.

The woman takes a step forward, holding the man’s shoulder gently as she whispered onto his ears.

Right at that moment, I feel a sudden rush of jealousy. Why do I have to lose everything while others can be happy? Why am I trapped alone in the darkness? That’s not fair. Then I realize that life isn’t fair.

“I’ll leave you two, alone.” The man exits the room, leaving us two women standing awkwardly across each other.

“Yuri-ah, do you know what year this is?” she asks.

What does that have to do with anything? Despite my inner question, I shake my head, “I don’t care, what year it is, I will stay in here,” I answer sternly.

“Yuri, it is 2013.”

I let out a rude scoff, “What joke is this? Do you think this is hilarious? Do you think that I am that gullible? Hah, I suggest you leave this instant. And tell you lover out there, that he is too wasting his time,”

She looks down and sighs. “This is our job. Returning the lost souls where they belong,”

I look at her bewilderedly, “What is this nonsense,” I blurt out, pacing my way to the corner of the room as she moves

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter