Chapter 3

Here and Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: Raw Chapter ahead...

 

 

Luhan’s POV

I am totally and utterly mesmerized by her. Her smile, her simple movements and amused expressions. For the past few blinking minutes, she has been wandering around, blankly staring, absent mindlessly twirling and simply smiling. I still have no idea what causes her smile but inwardly thankful. But one thing that has been going around in my head nonstop is that; when will she remember?

Ever since our task with Yuri, nothing has happened. It is only natural of me to question why. There’s a part of me that is very excited to see Yoona reminiscing her past. I really hope that she will remember our first meeting. I would do anything just to see it all again…

*flashback*

Papa’s business was more successful than we thought; his company branched out all the way to Korea, Seoul. And as I turned seven, my family and I moved to Seoul from Beijing. Of course, I cried on the day of our departure. I didn’t like the fact that I had to leave my grandparents, the feeling of being pampered my grandparents were heartwarming and I didn’t want to let that go.

I was so upset about moving, not only was I homesick but I had trouble fitting in. I faced numerous problems, one; my lack of Korean language knowledge. It was embarrassing that I couldn’t communicate with my classmates in school. I introduced myself in Korean and my pronunciation was pretty bad. I remember the humiliating moment quiet vividly. I stayed quiet and lonely for months. But a new student came to the class, introducing herself bravely. I was impressed and slightly jealous mainly because no one mocked her. Almost everyone was being nice to her. Almost everyone wanted to be her friend. I can see why though. Her eyes were doey and sparkly, not only that she was so much fun. She was friendly with everyone who approached her. Except for me though, I spent my time sitting at the end of the class, with my one set of crayons while everybody shared theirs with their closest friend.

One day during recess, she didn’t go out and play with the others like she usually did. Her expression was stoned. I was almost intimidated by her, until I got a closer look on her eyes. They were dull, not the sparkly pair she used to have, and glossy –she was sad. I didn’t know what to do, but I knew that if she started to cry, everyone would blame me for it. The teacher was outside, talking on the phone so she is definitely out of the list. I didn’t want to be rude and disturbed her phone call, plus Mama said that it was a bad habit to intrude other’s conversations. Then, it triggered me, Mama always told me to be nice to people. Making other people smile is one of the greatest gifts anyone could ever give.

So I breathed in and marched down to her, I had a few minutes left before recess ended so I had to make it quick. The first thing I did was to get her attention. She had her head hung low so I called her name softly, a little too soft I supposed because she didn’t respond at all. So I tapped her shoulder, and she finally looked at me.

I guided her gently by her arm to the mini lockers at the corner of the classroom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter