Chapter 1

Here and Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello! Here we present the very first chapter of Here and Now. btw, sorry for the very inoriginal title :S

 

Closing my eyes, I can feel something, a certain emotion that I can’t seem to put my finger on it. What is it? It is at the tip of my tongue; it has driven me crazy just thinking about it.  

A faint moment later, nothing.

Nothing at all.

Nothing that I can explain, anyway. But a light, an orb of light was floating beyond the bridge, calling for me. Whispering my name in the breezy wind. It doesn’t seem harmful, didn’t seem friendly either; just neutral.

I tilt to the left; nothing. Right; nothing. Where is everything? Everyone? Where am I?

Crossing the bridge is a blur; it isn’t a long one but reaching there is so difficult, like my feet are frozen to the wooden plate or something, but I finally reach the other side, that remains a mystery though. I swear my life just turned upside down, inside out.

Here. That was what we call this place. I don’t know how that got to me but somehow it did.

You are Here now, this is your place, and all you have to do now is find your true task.

True task? What?

Confusion struck me hard like, like, like when my body hit hard to the rocky surface. Wait, what? When did that happen? How did I remember that?

Yoona, that’s my name. Or that is what I hear from the voices. Please, oh please. Help me. Anyone?

Confusion struck me hard until a voice ring from the back, which I respond with a small jump. “Hey,” I turn around to find the owner of the voice. I study his face and finally comes to the conclusion that this man is way too serious for that baby face of his. “Yoona. This way,” the man faced his back to me and walks away, “Wait!”

I sprint my way to him, “Who are you? Where am I? Where are you-” I come to a smooth halt as I brace myself to the huge mansion in front of me. I don't even bother to hold my gasp. The mansion is so vintage, monstrous and classic to my liking. It's quite intimidating. He nods towards the scary mansion.

“Well, at least tell me your name. I refuse to go with a stranger.” I cross my arms against my chest, hoping my gesture would give him in. and he does. He turns his head slightly, “Luhan.” And with that he walks on.

He enters the majestic gate, “Well, c’mon then” Luhan says.

I sprint my way to him, to ease his annoyance. But it seems to fail. “Luhan-sshi, where are we?”

“You know where we are,” he says, not stopping his tracks or his gaze upon the mansion, “We are Here, Yoona. Or Now. Whichever you like.” He answers shortly; he puts his hand on the bronze door knob and twists it.

“And this is where you’ll stay from now on,” Luhan pushes the oak door and all I can say is… wow. Just, wow.

The interior of the mansion is beautiful and magnificent, definately different from the exterior. The ceiling is so high and the designs were so detailed, the area is so huge. I have never been very descriptive but I have seen something more beautiful and classy.

“I’m gonna live here?” I ask, he nods, “Where exactly is my room?”

He shrugs, “You choose,”

I walk to the end of the stairway and stands there for a minute before turning back, “Why am I here?”

“I’ll tell you in a minute. As of now, you rest.”

***

So I have found out something that is outrages, totally unbelievable. I am… dead. And here wait, no –Here is a place of where the dead are. And Now is where time stops. Time is no longer an issue to the people here. I’m still trying to blend in, trying to take this in. But no matter how hard I try, everything just doesn’t make sense.

Earlier today, I met a girl who stays a room away from mine –Jessica. What I really don’t get was she co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter