Shielding You

[2] Social statuses

Image

»  Opening that door was hell right when Jongin started getting out. Many squeals echoes and travels outside the grounds of school. Jongin immediately spreads his arms out as Sehun starts getting jumping off the carriage slightly.

“Okay, move!” Jongin shouts as the girls make some room for him to get towards the main entrance doors. Jongin starts leading the way and Sehun sticks to him like glue. He tries his best to put on a pokerface, but girls keep placing their hands on him, shouting out confessions.

Geez…most of them are first years. What is up with this grade? Sehun thinks as he looks straight at the ground to find room for him to walk.

On the other hand, a girl just walks through the gate, seeing an ocean of familiar girls surrounding a carriage. “I wonder what’s going on,” She whispers as she watches familiar girls flail. Soon, she approaches the crowd and immediately, she sees two heads trying to make their way through. One of them had black hair and the other was dark brown. She stood there for a moment to realize what was going on until the ocean starts moving backwards.

Her eyes widen as she tries to move away, but unconsciously, the girls starts bumping into her. Her cries were from the top of her lungs, but that didn’t compare to the constant yelling from these fanatics. Suddenly, the girl falls on her hands and knees, her glasses hitting the ground.

The two males finally make their way out of the crowd, but Sehun’s eyes catches to a girl on the ground. “Wait,” He whispers as he starts turning back; however, the girls block his path and he’s forced to continue to follow his bodyguard. Maybe she’ll be alright.

-

Sitting beside her fellow classmates in the auditorium, Hayoung takes a deep breath and fixes her long brown hair until it’s parted right. Her glasses are fixed on her lap as she tries to take away the dirt and mud that happened earlier that morning.

First day of school so far? I think I have to come to school earlier next time.

“I think most of you have noticed now, but classes are now mixed with all statuses. We decided to make an input and change how classes are taught. Instead of royalists in one separate class, commoners, bodyguards, and the lower-class are now mixed together. However, if we’re needed to identify which class you are in, each of you have received a pin. Royalists have a crown pin, bodyguards have a sword, commoners have a hat, and the lower-class a cloth shaped pin. We’d like to end the segregation between statuses, so please get along,” The principal talks as most of the students pay attention.

Hayoung looks down at her pin, pursing her lips. She then looks at her other classmates’ pins. Her eyes widen in shock as she sits up straight. The class I’m in—over half of them are royalists. Great…

“And now a few words from the third year’s representative, Prince Oh Sehun,” The principal introduces and immediately, many girls stand up and cheer for the male. Hayoung was completely amazed by the fact of how popular this prince was. She has never heard of him before and she never paid attention to all of the royal families. Who’s Oh Sehun? Why haven’t I heard of him before?

She moves her body left and right slightly to catch a glimpse of him, but the people were blocking the way as they were standing up. She puts on her glasses to try help and opens slightly, seeing the top of his head. It’s from this morning! She sits back in her chair and taps her lips with her index finger, trying to remember any other events that involved this so-called prince.

-

“Um…Who’s Oh Sehun?”  Hayoung asks as she sits with her friends in the second-year classroom. A girl with short brown hair drops her chopsticks and stares wide-eyed at her younger friend, “Hayoung, are you serious?! You’ve never heard of Oh Sehun?”

The younger blinks innocently and shakes her head, smiling lightly, “I guess I’m not that into that scene…” The girl takes a deep breath and shakes her head, laying her head on the shoulder of a beauty—a princess.

“It’s okay, Namjoo. Yookyung and I will explain,” The beauty pats the girl’s head and smiles. Namjoo nods and grabs her lunch, taking a huge bite as she eyes Hayoung.

The princess runs her hand through her long black hair and takes a deep breath, “Sehun is a natural born prince. He has exceptional looks, the brains, and obviously, the body and attitude of one.”

“Have you ever talked to him, Naeun?” Hayoung asks as she takes another bite out of her lunch, paying close attention. Naeun nods, “Many times. We’re in the same class this year too. He’s not a prince charming to everyone though. Yookyung should know.” Hayoung’s eyes travel towards the girl who has been silent all along. She had dark orange hair that’s close to being brown, and her smooth complexity shouts Princess indeed.

“Sehun is my cousin. I even talked about him a few times!” Yookyung exclaims as she laughs quietly, “Sehun is like an ice-prince. He’ll be cold towards you, but if you’re really close to him, he’ll warm up. However, Sehun is really popular that if any girls see another girl talking to him, they will get jealous. Luckily I’m his cousin so the girls don’t bother me that much—they just bother me with requests about him.”

Hayoung nods and purses her lips, “What a cruel world…”

“You’ll love high school though,” Namjoo smiles reassuringly as she purses her lips, “But ever since the school decided to mix social statuses, it might be different. In my class, half of us are commoners and the rest are royalists and the lower-class. It’s quite intimidating, but we’re going fine.”

“Really? Over half are royalists in my class…” Hayoung mutters as she purses her lips, “I’m one of the four students that are commoners.” Naeun’s eyes widen as she shakes her head, “Royalists born in your year are quite…energetic, huh? I saw them surround Sehun’s carriage the second he arrived.”

She nods in return and sighs, “I somehow got caught in it this morning and fell…” Namjoo’s eyes widen as she shakes her head, “What? I have to have a talk with those girls…”

“Unnie, you’re a commoner just like me though. They’ll have more power than you,” Hayoung whispers as she places her lunch box down. “This school will probably turn into mayhem soon,” Yookyung blurts out as she takes one last bite out of her lunch.

First day of high school so far? It changed to the better—but I’m not sure about the next few days.

 

Image

» author's ramblings:   [June 19, 2013] Second chapter is up! ^^ It might be a little boring, but these are just introductions about the high school and the characters ^^ Thank you for those who have subscribed so far <3 

» layout credit