Shielding You

[7] Thanks

Image

»  Over the next few days, Hayoung continues getting the stares from many students. Suddenly, her popularity went up as people kept asking about Sehun.

“I can’t take this,” Hayoung frowns as she sits with her friends during lunch, playing with her food, “All they do is ask about Sehun—I don’t know anything about him.”

Yookyung laughs quietly and nods, “I can relate. A lot of girls kept asking me about Sehun for years. I’m glad it died down.” Hayoung looks up at the older one and pouts, “How did it stop? Please, tell me…”

She takes a bite and wipes , “I had a bodyguard—‘”

“Donggeun,” Namjoo coughs as she and Naeun laughs, leaning towards each other. Yookyung blushes lightly and furrows her eyebrows, glancing at the two, “Hey!” She takes a deep breath and continues, “He helped me and protected me from girls who were asking about him. One day, he just mustered up everything and announced to leave me alone if there are any questions regarding him. I’m not sure what you can do though…I’m sorry, dongsaeng.”

“I can lend you one of my bodyguards,” Naeun offers as Hayoung shakes her head. “It’ll probably be worse,” She whispers as she leans her head on Yookyung’s shoulder, “I also decided to take up extra shifts so I can earn money for my glasses…”

“I’ll buy the glasses for you,” A familiar voice travels across the room as thousands of footsteps echoes. All four heads turn towards the two males approaching them. Hayoung slowly lifts her head up and blinks, scooting her chair closer to Yookyung, where the older was sitting by the window and the younger sitting by the aisle.

“Well, it’s Sehun and Jongin,” Naeun smiles brightly as she looks at them, “Join us.” Hayoung shakes her head nervously as she widens her eyes at Naeun, giving her a signal. However, the elder winks in return and takes a big bite.

Jongin grabs a desk and pulls it towards the other desks to connect, grabbing two chairs soon afterwards. Sehun takes the seat beside Hayoung as Jongin sits at the end of the tables. “I’ll buy the glasses for you,” He repeats as he looks at her, opening his lunch box.

Hayoung blinks and glances at him, staying silent as her eyes travel towards the windows by the halls, all eyes on her. She purses her lips and shakes her head, “Please don’t. I can do this on my own. Thank you for the offer anyway…” She takes a bite out of her lunch and takes a deep breath, hoping that he wouldn’t continue talking.

“C’mon, it’s my gift to you,” Sehun replies stoically as he keeps eye contact with her, trying to convince her with his stare. It always made girls fall for it and submit, but Hayoung was different. She just looks away and ignores him. Jongin stifles a laugh as he holds his chopsticks in front of his mouth, chewing his food as he watches Sehun’s plan fail.

The female pulls her chair out and stands up, sighing quietly, “I’m going to go, unnie-deul. I’ll see you guys later.” She takes one last look at the other two males and leaves, the crowd watching her leave.

Sehun scratches his head and rests his elbow on the table, “Why is she ignoring me? I just want to know her…” Namjoo chews her food quietly and looks down, whispering, “We’re different from you, Sehun. Life is entirely different and school—we aren’t treated the same way you are. I should know.”

Jongin turns his back around to see Hayoung walk off. Part of his body is telling him to get up and go after her—however, another part is telling him to stay with Sehun and keep him safe. Why am I thinking so much of her? I haven’t even properly talked to her like any other guy.

-

“Didn’t I tell you not to get close with Prince Sehun?” The girl from earlier that week threatens as she holds Hayoung’s collar, pushing her against the wall of the empty hallway of the first year classes. Her name was Jung Yunhee has Jongin recalled earlier. Yunhee grits her teeth and glares at her, “You really don’t listen do you, freshie?”

“I didn’t want to get close with him!” Hayoung rebuttals as she hisses from her neck suffocating and her back hitting constantly against the gritty tan walls.

-

“Sehun, come with me,” Jongin whispers as he stands up. “We’ll be back,” He smiles at the girls as he grabs Sehun’s shoulder, his other hand stuffed in his pants pocket.

Sehun raises an eyebrow in confusion and stands up, trailing behind his bodyguard.

“Doesn’t it seem weird that Jongin is talking more now?” Namjoo whispers as she leans forward for only Naeun and Yookyung to hear, “He never utters a word—but since Sehun and Hayoung met—he started talking.” Naeun raises an eyebrow and smiles lightly, crossing her arms, “I think Hayoung is going to get caught up in some things soon.”

-

Yunhee snaps her fingers and two other girls enter with two buckets of water. “Look, I’m going to make sure you remember that you have to stay away from Prince Sehun,” Yunhee smirks as she moves away to the side, lifting her head up to signal her two friends. Both of them walks in sync and lifts the buckets up, pouring water all over the innocent girl’s head and body.

Hayoung closes her eyes and screams, a few first year students witnessing the whole event. Soon, light footsteps walk down the stairs, Jongin’s and Sehun’s eyes widening at the scene. I should have known… Jongin thinks as he immediately runs to stand in front of her, “Get away, Princess Yunhee. We don’t need you to ruin innocent lives.” Yunhee crosses her arms and rolls her eyes, “You don’t have authority over me, Jongin.”

“I do,” Sehun growls as his eyes turn as cold as ice, taking off his jacket, “If I ever see you threatening Hayoung or any of the first years, I will definitely be talking to your father about this.” He stands beside Hayoung and places his jacket over her. “Sehun,” Yunhee starts as she uncrosses her arms, gulping.

“Understood?” Sehun glares at her as the girls stomp away, leaving the three remaining alone. “Hayoung, are you okay?” Sehun asks as he looks at the younger one, wiping off any excess water on her hair. However, she grabs his wrist and moves it away, “I’m fine…” She gulps and takes off the jacket he offered, “Thank you, Prince Sehun.” She bows and starts walking away slowly, shivering from the breeze that makes contact with her wet clothing.

Sehun and Jongin watches Hayoung walk away, their faces draped with worry.

-

That evening, Jongin decides to get his mind off of recent events—well actually, just Hayoung. He remembers when he saw her face in complete shock from Yunhee’s tactics and threats. He just had the need to protect her and keep her safe—but that would be impossible for him.

He walks into town freely as he looks left and right to find any places that will be relaxing to his mind. He finally spots a small café and walks inside to walk towards to a small empty table in the corner.

“Hello, how may I help you today?” A feminine voice greets as she holds a paper and a pencil, her eyes widening as she looks at the customer. She looks away and clears , hiding her lips and hoping he won’t notice her.

Jongin purses his lips and looks straight ahead, “I think hot chocolate will be fine.” He then looks up to the worker and his mouth drapes open, blinking a few times to make sure his eyesight is correct, “Hayoung?”

“Um…Hello, Jongin,” She bows and bites on her bottom lip, scratching her head. Why is it that I’m always bumping into Jongin? This is weird… 

Image

» author's ramblings:  [June 30, 2013] My feels for this story is really growing, I'm not going to lie xD Don't be surprised if there's a double update later on tonight xD cries But really, thank you for all the support <3 sldkfj

» layout credit